Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class comeback

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2023 | 7:25 pm
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
Ah, must've happened so fast not even The Blogs could report the space had opened first!

For anyone saying "Unfortunately I don't have ExpertFlyer": Just get ExpertFlyer. It's $99/year and that's far less than a single airline ticket between continents on Cathay or any other full service carrier. There's a 5-day free trial you can use for a one-time use case, but really, just get the subscription and if it's useful even a single time per year, you're going to get far, far more than your money's worth from it!
agreed, have and love EF. annoying that CX award availability isn't searchable - but it looks like seat map is so I guess that answers my question from above...
Old Mar 2, 2023 | 9:29 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Thanks for this, but unfortunately, I do not have EF.

What I am needing to do is to book TPE-HKG-LHR // CDG-HKG-TPE in Business Class and then looking to use my Upgrade Certs to bump up the two long-haul sectors to First Class. Indeed, there would have to be A class availability for me to do that, so I would like to be sure before I purchase the Business Class ticket. Still deciding on the exact dates, though....
I have Taiwan-based GDS account. If you give me the dates, I can post the availability query here, with POS Taiwan. While EF is good to have for those that have the need, unfortunately it does not have a Taiwan POS as of last year.
Old Mar 2, 2023 | 9:42 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
just flew HND-HKG in F. Service was actually very good and there were 2 FA's serving F cabin as well as the ISM who helped out a little..

the menu has definitely been pared down from before...I picked the Japanese menu, and I thought the appetizer was quite good. Main course was tasty, but it would not pass as Japanese food in Japan.. lol.. They also served welcome tea on boarding, but I forgot to take a picture.

Old Mar 2, 2023 | 11:29 am
20 Years on Site

Wow the Japanese meal is really nothing like the past!
It looks underwhelming.

It is sad that CX continues to go downhill!

Carfield
Old Mar 2, 2023 | 5:52 pm
20 Years on Site

Deleted
Old Mar 2, 2023 | 5:53 pm
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I have Taiwan-based GDS account. If you give me the dates, I can post the availability query here, with POS Taiwan. While EF is good to have for those that have the need, unfortunately it does not have a Taiwan POS as of last year.
PM sent to you. Thanks a million!
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2023 | 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Programs: FB , BA Gold
SO no more kaiseki meal.
Very sad
Old Mar 5, 2023 | 8:44 pm

Does CX ever offered F to flights from HKG to NYC? If it is possible in the future, I would love to try it.
Old Mar 5, 2023 | 11:25 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Originally Posted by shootaaa
Does CX ever offered F to flights from HKG to NYC? If it is possible in the future, I would love to try it.
Prior to pandemic - yes on all JFK flights. However current and future schedules are still showing mixture of A350-900/1000 without F. I looked as far as JAN24. So for now no announcement or plans for F return to JFK, though it might come back at some point, either if they place 4 class 77W back on JFK or when they receive the 777-9s
Old Mar 5, 2023 | 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by CX828
Prior to pandemic - yes on all JFK flights. However current and future schedules are still showing mixture of A350-900/1000 without F. I looked as far as JAN24. So for now no announcement or plans for F return to JFK, though it might come back at some point, either if they place 4 class 77W back on JFK or when they receive the 777-9s
Thank you CX828! I used to fly CX between HKG to JFK pre-pandemic. But always in economy seat since that was before I got into the miles and points game. Booked an business award ticket this summer on A350-1000 via CX. Cant wait for it.
Old Mar 5, 2023 | 11:43 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: CX MPC DM, HU FWC Gold
Originally Posted by CX828
If I guess it correctly, it is more on Russian Airspace and the amount of 77A remaining.
Seems if using 77A for NYC, they might need a tech stop for that if strong head wind.
ernestnywang and starvelk like this.
Old Mar 8, 2023 | 6:30 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by pochi
If I guess it correctly, it is more on Russian Airspace and the amount of 77A remaining.
Seems if using 77A for NYC, they might need a tech stop for that if strong head wind.
JFK flights on CX regularly fly through Russian airspace now like pre-pandemic, so there shouldn't be any issue with range. More likely they don't have enough 4 class 77w in service, or just not enough crew to operate it regularly.
Reply1984 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2023 | 6:18 pm

Here's my latest flight on HKG-LHR in F. Service was very very good.. A++.. However, food taste and quality was at best average... The caviar was terrible though.. dry and tasteless... Would skip it to save myself some calories next time if they keep using this brand... I have to say though, that the CX hard product together with the proper bedding is still one of the most comfortable products out there.. I still sleep better on CX than I do on SQ, NH, JL, EK F product...

Old Mar 12, 2023 | 12:17 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Definitely pre-pandemic, I flew it and it was really really good, despite the seats being older they were still comfortable and spacious. Their 777's aren't as active so you won't be finding much F to go around, at least as much as pre-pandemic.
Old Mar 12, 2023 | 12:52 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Yes I flew in F on CX from NYC to HKG and back a couple of times. Once on the way back to NYC I was the only passenger in the whole F section so it felt like having my own private jet. Hopefully they will restore F to this route in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.