Wiki Posts
Search

First Class comeback

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2023, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by AHC96
Is there any news about the reopening of their Paris lounge?

What happens to those flying F? Any comments or reviews on the CDG Extime Lounge at T1?
AS posted multiple places, the terminal that CX used is closed for renovation and that will take months/year.
Extime is OK business lounge.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 9:01 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by bagold
You are right. For some strange reason lounge invitation said Business Class. I didn't even show them the lounge invitation. Just gave them my boarding pass which was in F. So didn't check if can get the +2 benefit.
I found the lounge invitation. It says Business Class + 2 guests. So not sure if you can use that to enter First Class lounge with a F or OWE boarding pass.
Old May 11, 2023, 8:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Just got off HKG-LAX and it was a miserable experience.
the food was atrocious (and the menu now streamlined to be identical across the 3 long haul F flights)- there’s no ‘nice’ protein at all (steak, lobster etc). Eggs were completely cooked wrongly.

The crew were inadequately prepared, kept missing minor service items and were lacking in polish and at times simply rude (a good crew on AA/UA/BA would beat them tremendously). The SP struggled to use the ipad and properly set the table for any kind of meal service.

On the way back, CX has been too cheap to designate the QF F lounge as its official FCL lounge so I won’t be able to utilize my DM benefit to guest two pax in.

pictures (disappearing soon) on my feed for reference if anyone’s interested.
SW7London and royng like this.
Old May 11, 2023, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Just got off HKG-LAX and it was a miserable experience.
Firstly, I love your insta page!

Sounds like a poor CX experience....those eggs YUCK!

I'm flying to LHR next week in F will report back.....award booking but they do charge high fares to/from LHR so there must be paid demand?
Old May 12, 2023, 12:09 am

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
Sounds like a very poor C crew...it happens occasionally unfortunately
Why cannot you use the Qantas First class lounge if WW diamond and also traveling first class ?
I often us Qantas F lounges when traveling with Cathay as a diamond even when traveling BUS
DiamondMile likes this.
Old May 16, 2023, 2:12 am

Just got off CX251 in F:

1) Menu was as mentioned elsewhere on the board - had the lamb salad as starter, and the fish with prawns and lobster sauce as main - perfectly nice food although on par with QR J. Skipped the caviar and dessert. For breakfast, just had juice and pastries so cant really comment about the eggs(!). I agree though that the menu options are somewhat limited.
2) The two staff assigned to F were very hard working for the first few and last few hours of the flight - full cabin of 6 in F. Two people really arnt enough. The IFM also helped out when she could, but she has responsibilities in J too. The two staff very good and friendly
3) Wing F wasnt busy at all, food looked good.

Overall a pleasant way to travel, not as good as pre Covid, and not worth the $$ IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.