Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Time to Win: CX HKG Arrival Lounge Closing on 5 Nov 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time to Win: CX HKG Arrival Lounge Closing on 5 Nov 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by sxc

No. your onward flight has to be a oneworld flight to use the departure lounges.
Yes, but then i'd be able to use it anyway (and without the requirement of arriving on CX in J or as OWE). Pity that CX wouldn't allow access in such a situation given that one is no longer able to use the arrival lounge.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by navylad
Arrival lounges are rather like swimming pools in gyms, there nice to knew that they are there should you wish to use it but only a small proportion of people do.

It is probably their downfall, how do you write that in a business case without the statistics to back it up.
The one in HK was small but at certain times of the day, packed with people wanting a shower. The lounge was functional, without a lot of wasted space. It did seem that the business case for it was "proportional" to the proposition offered, i.e. not as glamourous as the departure lounges.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by sxc
Stick with the wing, bridge or pier. All of which are better than the arrival.
Actually looking for this,

I'm in split decision for the premium fare deal LIS-FRA-HKG on CX F or adding a HKG-MNL in F or J , as I have never been in The Wing, Bridge or Pier.

for $180 less I can (and prefer) terminate in HKG But I don't know if am able to use any of the CX F Lounges on arrival.

I appreciate your feedback to know if it is possible.

Last edited by Venezuela-Miami; Jan 12, 2019 at 9:11 pm
Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:23 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
If you terminaten in HKG you cannot use the arrivals lounge (it’s closed) and you can’t use the departure lounges at all.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by sxc
If you terminaten in HKG you cannot use the arrivals lounge (it’s closed) and you can’t use the departure lounges at all.
I was afraid that was the case, Thank you for the reply.

I'll I see if I can rebook with the MNL same day connection because I really want to visit any of those legendary lounges.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:27 pm

It's a shame to see this close
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
There's a Plaza Premium lounge - available to American Express Platinum or Priority Pass holders. Not much use if the aim was to experience a CX lounge...
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:15 pm

Is the Plaza lounge decent enough for a shower pre-going into work? OR is it gross and not worth one's time?
kaka likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro
Is the Plaza lounge decent enough for a shower pre-going into work? OR is it gross and not worth one's time?
I went there once when The Arrival was very crowded and had a shower there. It was quite OK.
Shiojiri Hiro likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by fluffymitten
There's a Plaza Premium lounge - available to American Express Platinum or Priority Pass holders. Not much use if the aim was to experience a CX lounge...
I guess I will be using this lounge in future
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:06 pm

I read somewhere there's a 'general access' one in the terminal BEFORE you exit that's utilitarian but at least clean too...
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:38 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
That would be these: https://www.hongkongairport.com/en/p...wer-facilities
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:21 am

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro
I read somewhere there's a 'general access' one in the terminal BEFORE you exit that's utilitarian but at least clean too...
Checked it out once, just be reminded it's like a gym shower with free soap and hair dryer; but bring your own towel (or buy one off the vending machine) and hand carry your clothes (as it's before immigration and baggage)

PP arrival lounge could be crowded at times especially the early morning arrival.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:12 pm

Thanks! Sounds like these are a better bet than the PP arrival lounge for early morning...Will give it a try!
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
I miss this lounge for the shower & soup noodles.

Is it gone for good?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.