Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed! The Arrivals Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:37 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Know what, I'll be departing from HKG later today and since I have several hours to burn, I'll take some pictures or a video if that helps??
That would be much appreciated.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 3:19 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Pictures and Directions to the CX Arrivals Lounge in HKG

The pictures were taken from my phone, so I apologize if the quality is not good...

HKIA has two "arrival halls" labeled A and B, however both halls exit into the same arrival floor... The path to the lounge is at the exit exactly in the middle of both arrival halls. If you exit out of "A" go right and if you exit out of "B" go left.

This is the view of Arrival Hall "B" from the middle of the arrivals floor

Look for this sign in the middle of the arrivals hall... Look for the "pay shower" icon on the bottom right of this sign [this is coming from arrival hall B].

Follow the sign and you will see this sign with "Pay-in/Shower Lounges". That is the only "sign" that directs us to the lounge. Keep walking straight ahead...

You will reach this "intersection" follow the "Terminal 2" Sign and go down the escalators.

When you reach the bottom of the escalators you will see the Plaza Premium Lounge to your left, just keep walking straight past that lounge.

After passing the Men's and handicapped's washrooms, the Arrivals lounge is on your right, just before the green emergency evacuation sign.

Hope this helps!
Old Jul 14, 2011, 9:29 am

golfingboy, this is tremendous. The pictures are a wonderful aid. I'm printing out two copies, one for each of us. Thank you for taking the time to do this.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 9:17 pm

HKIA has two "arrival halls" labeled A and B, however both halls exit into the same arrival floor... The path to the lounge is at the exit exactly in the middle of both arrival halls. If you exit out of "A" go right and if you exit out of "B" go left.
Impeccable directions. I made it in half the time it took me last time since I didn't go astray. I wish that Cathay would follow your lead and put an identical guide on their website.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:14 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ, BA, TG, Sheba, VN, MPO since 1980
Originally Posted by ACfly
And what is wrong with the use of Dinning room? Breakfast room? wrong meal?
Merriam Webster
' dinning' making loud, confused, and usually unharmonious sounds <dinning honks and beeps arose from cars stuck in the massive traffic jam

so a dinning room is a honking room
- must be the food they serve
Old Jul 22, 2011, 1:19 am

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
The pictures were taken from my phone, so I apologize if the quality is not good...
Quality is great - don't suppose you have any pics of what the lounge looks like on the inside?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:07 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

I have not checked this thread until I started working on my TR

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Impeccable directions. I made it in half the time it took me last time since I didn't go astray. I wish that Cathay would follow your lead and put an identical guide on their website.
Glad it was helpful and worked out perfectly! My first time trying to find the lounge, I criss-crossed the arrivals halls several times trying to figure it all out. Then I went up to the departures level, and got even more confused Eventually, I found the lounge with some luck.

Originally Posted by midlevels
Quality is great - don't suppose you have any pics of what the lounge looks like on the inside?
I did not take many, but I took some pictures of the shower and my meal. The lounge is relatively small, but serves its purpose. I will be posting a few pictures in my TR tonight in the TR forum, but Ben over at One Mile at a Time has better pictures of the lounge atmosphere than I do.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
I'm arriving in Hong Kong by British Airways First Class - as a OneWorld partner - will I have access to the CX Arrivals Lounge?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 5:00 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by pjh981
I'm arriving in Hong Kong by British Airways First Class - as a OneWorld partner - will I have access to the CX Arrivals Lounge?
No.

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_...e?cityCode=HKG

6) The Arrival- First and Business Class Lounge, Landside
Admittance
First and Business Class passengers arriving same day in Hong Kong
Gold or above members of The Marco Polo Club
oneworld Emerald members
* Admission only for same day arrival on either Cathay Pacific or Dragonair flights of passengers in Hong Kong, or of passengers with 4 hours or more of transit time
Old Jan 7, 2012, 5:00 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
golfingboy - Thanks for your excellent directions. After just a couple reads I instantly found the Arrivals facility. It was very handy for an hour's rest and a quick shower before heading to a dinner in town with friends.

Nice lounge and friendly staff. Even as a OW Emerald just arriving on a regional Dragonair Y product I was instantly granted access and offered shower, food, etc (by "even" I mean that if this were BA there would almost certainly be someone who didn't know the rules..).
Old Sep 12, 2014, 5:13 am

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm flying into Hong Kong in Cathay business class from AKL, but on a British Airways Club World ticket. Will I be eligible to gain access to the arrivals lounge? I'm struggling to find this out...

Many thanks
Old Sep 12, 2014, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by sammyblackbaron
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm flying into Hong Kong in Cathay business class from AKL, but on a British Airways Club World ticket. Will I be eligible to gain access to the arrivals lounge? I'm struggling to find this out...

Many thanks
Business class passengers travelled on CX coded and operated flights will gain access to The Arrival.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 5:58 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Confirmed! The Arrivals Lounge

I'll be arriving from JFK on CX business class, then departing for KUL 6 hours later. would the arrivals lounge be better? or should I just stick with The Pier?
Old Sep 14, 2014, 6:02 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Stick with the wing, bridge or pier. All of which are better than the arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.