Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed! The Arrivals Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2009, 7:34 pm

Programs: OW Sapphire - CX MPC Gold, *A GOLD Turkish, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriot/SPG Gold, BW Diamond
SanDiego1K..
sorry, I thought you were familiar with the airport just hadn't been to the lounge before, here's a map http://www.hongkongairport.com/leafl...facilities.pdf
look at the arrivals page and its where the Plaza premium lounge is located but opposite side and further down.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 9:43 pm
Community Director Emerita

b950022, thanks very much for the map.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 1:05 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by b950022
SanDiego1K..
sorry, I thought you were familiar with the airport just hadn't been to the lounge before, here's a map http://www.hongkongairport.com/leafl...facilities.pdf
look at the arrivals page and its where the Plaza premium lounge is located but opposite side and further down.
As the mainland China bus gates are at the end of the same corridor, maybe there are signs pointing that out?
Old Jun 15, 2009, 1:56 am

Programs: OW Sapphire - CX MPC Gold, *A GOLD Turkish, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriot/SPG Gold, BW Diamond
mosburger the weird thing is they don't have a sign anywhere other than at the entrance..
Old Aug 26, 2009, 12:21 am

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Storage

Searched this thread and found something on page 5 that a FT'er posted with re to storage of luguage. Can any confirm that this is still the case? Will be arriving in the morning from Delhi and will only take the last flight to Shanghai. Want to leave my handcarry in the lounge when I go into the city.

Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2009, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold
Originally Posted by sl00001
Searched this thread and found something on page 5 that a FT'er posted with re to storage of luguage. Can any confirm that this is still the case? Will be arriving in the morning from Delhi and will only take the last flight to Shanghai. Want to leave my handcarry in the lounge when I go into the city.

Thanks
When my family and I used it recently, a fellow took all our luggage away and we had to request it when leaving. My guess is they will store it for you if you ask nicely.

Otherwise there is a left luggage at the airport express station in Central
Old Aug 27, 2009, 9:38 pm

Programs: CX Diamond
there are STORAGE lockers in T2 right by the exit to the bus station...you could consider thoses.....
Old Aug 28, 2009, 3:23 am

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Arrived this morning from Delhi and went straight to the Arrivals. Asked them if I could store my bags and it was ok if my next flight was within the day. Got a token and a re-entry card to enter the lounge again when I return to collect the bag.

As said by others, its a small lounge, but actually i kinda liked it. Very cosy, good small selection of food.

Returned back to the lounge this afternoon and got my bags and was asked if I needed any food or drinks. Asked for Champagne ..........but no alcohol served.....so I thanked the friendly waiter and went to the airside lounge to get my champagne

Not bad afterall the Arrivals.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 3:16 am

It is quite annoying how the signs for the lounge vanish as you approach the Airport Express Station! Like fsklee statesl, just go down the escalator (or if you have heavy bags - there's a lift to just to the right).

I included a few pictures of the Arrivals lounge on my recent TR. Photos can be found towards the bottom of this post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...l#post12197601
Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:36 pm

Programs: CX Gold, BA Silver, *W Gold
I am flying CX SYD/HKG in Biz Class, landing at 5:30am. I am MPC Silver, soon to qualify for Gold. I would like to use The Arrival lounge. Are there Silver MPC'ers out there who have managed to get an exception and gain entry? As a former user of the BA arrival lounges under similar cirucumstances (Biz class, Silver card) I find the CX policy quite limiting. Thanks.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:43 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by jkof
I am flying CX SYD/HKG in Biz Class, landing at 5:30am. I am MPC Silver, soon to qualify for Gold. I would like to use The Arrival lounge. Are there Silver MPC'ers out there who have managed to get an exception and gain entry? As a former user of the BA arrival lounges under similar cirucumstances (Biz class, Silver card) I find the CX policy quite limiting. Thanks.
Not sure, I'm sure someone else here will have insight.

Re: entrance to The Arrival in general, I know it's not perfect, but in my opinion it's actually still too accommodative (OW EMs allowed in, even in Y class). CX would have far too much use if they allowed SL in (it seems everyone I know in HKG is SL), and although I have sympathy for the inbound J argument CX has a number of flights that land early and the lounge doesn't have many showers. One 747 J class alone could overwhelm it. I think they did the right move for allowing GOs in, though, as an added incentive for SLs to strive for GO.

I'm like a lot of people on this forum who land in HKG a minimum of 2x a month, and sometimes it reaches 8x a month. I don't want to have to wait 20-30 minutes to take a shower if and when I use The Arrival. It would really diminish the value of the lounge for me if I land at 6am, have a meeting at 8:30am, but can't count on the shower since there is going to likely be a massive line behind people, many of whom are really nice guys but are more for the "hanging out in the lounge" novelty than actually using it functionally. Not saying you're in this group, but there are just so many SL members in HKG...and CX has enormous J cabins. I'm sure plenty of people would use it if allowed, even if they didn't truly need it. I've found The Arrival a godsend on only the 3-4x times I really needed it; I got in and immediately took a shower, grabbed food, had attentive service and could escape within 20 minutes.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:06 pm

Programs: CX Gold, BA Silver, *W Gold
While I can see the logic of the Gold or higher argument, I'm disappointed and surprised on the J passenger restriction. For CX not to provide an appropriate shower facility for incoming long-haul high-fare customers in it's home airport is not becoming of a carrier that won Airline of the Year. I will go across the hall and pay my HKD150 at the Plaza lounge, but certainly this is something that CX could comp for its more profitable customers? The situation has left a bitter taste in my mouth.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:18 pm
yiu

Programs: MPC Silver
While I can see the logic of the Gold or higher argument, I'm disappointed and surprised on the J passenger restriction. For CX not to provide an appropriate shower facility for incoming long-haul high-fare customers in it's home airport is not becoming of a carrier that won Airline of the Year. I will go across the hall and pay my HKD150 at the Plaza lounge, but certainly this is something that CX could comp for its more profitable customers? The situation has left a bitter taste in my mouth.
There isn't enough space in the airport. But in the future, when the "X" concourse/terminal in the midfield of the airport develops, I'm sure CX will do something. However, "future" will be around 15 years??
Old Sep 24, 2009, 11:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Well you can always use the paid arrival longue. It's not that expensive after-all. If you in true need you can just pay to do the shower and it's still significant cheaper than heading to Regal Airport hotel. I just fly with CX as I base here and I am not having much understanding on other airline's service, but can you let me know which airline provide the service you state? i.e. Non upper elite long haul J-passenger being able to have shower service upon arrival?

Originally Posted by yiu
There isn't enough space in the airport. But in the future, when the "X" concourse/terminal in the midfield of the airport develops, I'm sure CX will do something. However, "future" will be around 15 years??
Well I agree but the X concourse is only for air bridges and will not include any landside area. I guess CX will try everything to keep their presence mainly in T-1 for the passenger's convince, and to skip the need of building 5th lounge in HKIA (Well .. Wing + Pier + Old KA + Arrival is already 4)
Old Sep 25, 2009, 12:05 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Yea, hopefully it's not that bitter. This is better than before, when they didn't have a shower at all. I do understand where they're coming from... they had to make a choice, it wasn't perfect but space is pretty limited (I think there are only 4-5 showers). We were all surprised by the J pax restriction as well when the lounge was introduced, but after thinking about it and seeing the limited size of the lounge, I don't think there's much that could be done. CX J class sections are enormous and a lot of long-haul flights land early

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.