Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Time to Win: CX HKG Arrival Lounge Closing on 5 Nov 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time to Win: CX HKG Arrival Lounge Closing on 5 Nov 2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:48 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by sxc
How busy is the Plaza Premium arrivals lounge? I wonder if they will expand into that space if they are busy.
I got in on CX138 at around 4:49 yesterday morn.
Was in PE, went into PPL to have a bit of a snooze before taking the AEL back. Didn't feel like finding a bench outside with all those PRD commuters
Had to step over someone's baggage for seat. No more seats after me.

Originally Posted by sxc
This would indicate that the Plaza Premium arrivals lounge will close at some stage too.
Crap

Originally Posted by razza1889
what am i gonna do when i arrive at hk airport early morning before the train starts running!?
Learn to sit on somebody

Originally Posted by christep
Well the shower is free in the arrivals area before immigration. Gets good review, but you need some sort of towel.
https://www.hongkongairport.com/en/p...wer-facilities

For ironing, bring a fresh shirt, or learn how to pack them?
Actually one cool use my wife came up with was to use PPL Arrivals for *departure* showers when we're not in J and have a early departure (e.g. 9pm). Because there's nigh on chances of taking a shower with PPL after security (even in the Plaza Premium First lounge)
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:59 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by watery
That's 5:54am and 1 hour after the first possible arrival; Cathay Cafe de Coral at departure landside should be 24-hr for refreshment needs.
a few flights from the us can arrive an hour early and arrive at 4am.
ive picked up my gf on sunday mornings a few times because the alternative is a 2 hour wait.

as for showers: jl doesnt have a proper arrivals lounge and works w capsule hotels or commercial shower lounges for showers and throws in a free drink.
if cx isnt trying to be a pr!!k then it could be done in a way or another.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:43 pm

Location: JFK 🇺🇸 (mostly); YVR 🇨🇦 (a bit less); HKG 🇭🇰 (even less)
Programs: Marco Polo GR 😂😂; HHonors Gold; Ritz Carlton Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
Wow. Not that I used it often, being a HK resident, but when you needed it, it was good.

How busy is the Plaza Premium arrivals lounge? I wonder if they will expand into that space if they are busy.
Not many people but shower wait was 1hr 20 min for an early morning arrival ~5:30am; I think there's only two shower rooms there
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:29 pm
Suspended

With Cathay Pacific Premier AmEx card you should be able to access Plaza Premium lounge. Unless it is closing too.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by chongcao
With Cathay Pacific Premier AmEx card you should be able to access Plaza Premium lounge. Unless it is closing too.
If it will be part of the redevelopment of T2, then I think PP would be closing down too.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by christep
Well the shower is free in the arrivals area before immigration. Gets good review, but you need some sort of towel.
https://www.hongkongairport.com/en/p...wer-facilities

For ironing, bring a fresh shirt, or learn how to pack them?
What method of packing a business shirt keeps it crease-free during a 9 hour flight? I pack mine in a large folding suit bag and it still ends up a bit creased.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:44 pm

I'm a bit surprised at the number of comments which say "I never use it, who cares?"

Who's in the queue for showers ahead of me then?
sxc and FlyPointyEnd like this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:03 pm

Programs: CX MPC DM, HU FWC Gold
The lease expire and T2 will be reconstruct ( Demolition and rebuild new T2 for third runway)
From what ppl saying is T2 will be OW Terminal.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:35 pm

Location: Vancouver, Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong
Programs: CX-DM, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier
Well this is disappointing.

The lounge wasn't the greatest but it was a great place to leave my carry on luggage while I go into town for 6-8 hours.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by watery
I had a look of it, think it's like shower room at sports centers, smaller than Arrivals for sure, and you can buy towel ($30), razor and shaving cream ($10) etc from a vending machine that takes credit card. But it's before immigration and that means your changing set of clothes must be in carry-on.
Here's an actual picture of one of the shower rooms. It's really not bad.

Originally Posted by lionelhutz
What method of packing a business shirt keeps it crease-free during a 9 hour flight? I pack mine in a large folding suit bag and it still ends up a bit creased.
While I don't like the shiny fabric of true wrinkle free shirts, I do keep one around for these occasions. For everything else, the Eagle Creek things things work very well. You'll have some creases, but they'll be "folding creases" which don't look half as bad as wrinkles: Eagle Creek Pack-It Specter™ Garment Folder
royng likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by pochi
The lease expire and T2 will be reconstruct ( Demolition and rebuild new T2 for third runway)
From what ppl saying is T2 will be OW Terminal.
not true...Cathay will stay in T1, with OW partners, Air China and a few LCCs. The other airlines will be relocated to New T2.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Reply1984
not true...Cathay will stay in T1, with OW partners, Air China and a few LCCs. The other airlines will be relocated to New T2.
Cathay will stay in T1 I believe it is true
oneworld airlines may also stay in T1

but for other airlines, such as Skyteam and Star Alliance I would say depends on the capacity
Old Oct 24, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
I'm a bit surprised at the number of comments which say "I never use it, who cares?"

Bloggers and those hoarding a zillion miles from credit cards
Old Oct 25, 2018, 2:32 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold

wait for them to complain when CX cut down on food budget and people on FB pile up saying "I never use it, who cares?"
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:42 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by kaka
wait for them to complain when CX cut down on food budget and people on FB pile up saying "I never use it, who cares?"
Well it's their valuable grAAber/grASper outport crowd visiting HK who will be complaining, not us the Stockholm-syndromed domesically-abused-housewife loser local crowd.

Last edited by percysmith; Oct 25, 2018 at 4:17 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.