Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Time to Win: CX HKG Arrival Lounge Closing on 5 Nov 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time to Win: CX HKG Arrival Lounge Closing on 5 Nov 2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:53 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ, BA, TG, Sheba, VN, MPO since 1980
he story given out was that the corridor where the lounge is will be closed as part of the T2 redevelopment
this means if true that the Plaza lounge in the same corridor will also close
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Gah! We land in HKG early morning next month and had planned to take advantage of the CX arrivals lounge. Hoping Plaza Premium will still be open through the end of the year.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:13 pm

Location: Vancouver, Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong
Programs: CX-DM, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier
Does anyone know how much it costs to leave your carry on luggage at HKIA? I've been using the arrivals lounge to store my carry on while I head into town for 5-7 hours.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Originally Posted by blum81
Does anyone know how much it costs to leave your carry on luggage at HKIA? I've been using the arrivals lounge to store my carry on while I head into town for 5-7 hours.
Here you are, it's $12/hour or $140 between 11 and 24 hours.
blum81 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold
Originally Posted by cheung.chunyuenc

Cathay will stay in T1 I believe it is true
oneworld airlines may also stay in T1

but for other airlines, such as Skyteam and Star Alliance I would say depends on the capacity
In this case, HX may move to T2 joining UO?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:35 pm

CX and OneWorld airlines definitely staying in T21, Star Alliance consider a shift to T2 and opening a Star-branded lounge there.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:48 am
Suspended

Arrivals lounge closed.

I could not find anything from search so just wondered how much the closure of the arrivals lounge will affect members here
Old Nov 11, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Website out of date?

Here is a screenshot from the CX website this morning HK time.....in case the image doesn't show, the "Lounge admittance" section "Exclusive arrival lounges are also available in Hong Kong, London Heathrow and Frankfurt, so you can freshen up once you arrive." (emphasis added)

kaka likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: ba
out of dated ?
kaka likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
amazing service
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Here is a screenshot from the CX website this morning HK time.....in case the image doesn't show, the "Lounge admittance" section "Exclusive arrival lounges are also available in Hong Kong, London Heathrow and Frankfurt, so you can freshen up once you arrive." (emphasis added)

Old Nov 11, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I'm missing the arrival lounge already. Just finished a long haul yesterday quite tired. I didn't realize how much the arrival lounge shower helps to freshen me up. I hope this isn't a permanent closure and CX reopens one elsewhere.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:08 pm
SST

It's a crock that an airline with this level of service (and prices) can't find anyplace to house a proper arrivals lounge. Even AA managed to house a lounge at a hotel attached to LHR for a couple years, and it wasn't even their home. No doubt some junior accountant got an award for saving them money.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:17 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Anybody know if, now the the Arrival is closed, one would be able to use one of the other CX lounges upon arrival (if connecting to another (non-OW) flight)?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:54 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by a9504477
Anybody know if, now the the Arrival is closed, one would be able to use one of the other CX lounges upon arrival (if connecting to another (non-OW) flight)?
No. your onward flight has to be a oneworld flight to use the departure lounges.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:04 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Arrival lounges are rather like swimming pools in gyms, there nice to knew that they are there should you wish to use it but only a small proportion of people do.

It is probably their downfall, how do you write that in a business case without the statistics to back it up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.