Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor: MPC will go way of PPS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Well I guess its time to make OWE no guest allowed then. That would really cut down on the lounge crowds.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), QF Gold, EY Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by alphaod
Well I guess its time to make OWE no guest allowed then. That would really cut down on the lounge crowds.
The reason OWE's are able to benefit from the CX F lounge is because of DM's reciprocal ability to access (with +1) QF F and BA OWE/F lounges amongst others. I'm not sure all DM's would agree with your line of thought if they suddenly were refused access to the QF F lounge in Sydney with their partner, for example.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 2:01 am

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by yohoho
The reason OWE's are able to benefit from the CX F lounge is because of DM's reciprocal ability to access (with +1) QF F and BA OWE/F lounges amongst others. I'm not sure all DM's would agree with your line of thought if they suddenly were refused access to the QF F lounge in Sydney with their partner, for example.
BA has the Concorde Room in LHR where only their First Class passengers get to use. They created an inferior lounge and called it the "First Class" lounge for their own OWE/equivalent members.

In theory, if QF wanted to, they can make their F lounge in SYD the "Kangaroo Club" and admit only their own first class passengers. They would then setup an inferior lounge and call it the "First Class" lounge for OWE members to use.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by daniellam
BA has the Concorde Room in LHR where only their First Class passengers get to use. They created an inferior lounge and called it the "First Class" lounge for their own OWE/equivalent members.

In theory, if QF wanted to, they can make their F lounge in SYD the "Kangaroo Club" and admit only their own first class passengers. They would then setup an inferior lounge and call it the "First Class" lounge for OWE members to use.
BA are not the only airline to do this, but crucially they do not allow BA Golds (OWE) in there so don't fall foul of Oneworld rules. If CX made The Wing F First only, DMs would not be allowed in either, and i don't think many on here would be happy with that .
Old Apr 8, 2015, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by fakecd

Or be like me.... Moved all my flights to other career... I realized i was captive of false promises under marcopolo... I am free now
Out of curiosity, which carrier did you move to?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 3:58 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by fakecd
Or be like me.... Moved all my flights to other career... I realized i was captive of false promises under marcopolo... I am free now
Originally Posted by ccyao
Out of curiosity, which carrier did you move to?
Is it just me or am I the only one actively trying to fly something other than CX now? If not forced by schedule or availability...

Of course, I don't directly pay for a lot of my travelling, I must be a pretty undesirable customer on many airlines' books.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 4:37 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by percysmith
Is it just me or am I the only one actively trying to fly something other than CX now? If not forced by schedule or availability...

Of course, I don't directly pay for a lot of my travelling, I must be a pretty undesirable customer on many airlines' books.
hands up, EY to CDG, AY back. HKG JL via BKK to japan?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 4:45 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Well OK I don't have as much free time as you kaka...

But seriously would the rest of you will still be loyal if other airline has better schedule (we're all Hongkies to some extent, I need not list price/product/service)? I still don't get why you think you deserve to be treated better than a non-HKG based AA EXP/QF WP on CX.

As for schedule, I remain convinced this is still why CX is still off its rocker mad about JQHK.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), QF Gold, EY Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by daniellam

As a BA Gold I'm well aware hence referring to it as the "BA OWE/F" lounge Nonetheless, it's still a step up from a J lounge.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by yohoho
As a BA Gold I'm well aware hence referring to it as the "BA OWE/F" lounge Nonetheless, it's still a step up from a J lounge.
No it's not...
Old Apr 8, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: CX DM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
No it's not...
IMO, the Terminal 5 BA First lounge is excellent and offers a superior beverage selection compared to CX First lounges.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:23 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by djday
IMO, the Terminal 5 BA First lounge is excellent and offers a superior beverage selection compared to CX First lounges.
He was probably referring to outport lounges, e.g. JFK or SFO
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by djday
BA "First Class" lounges in JFK and ORD are nothing but jokes. People go to the J side because it's better.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: CX DM, AA EXP
BA "First Class" lounges in JFK and ORD are nothing but jokes. People go to the J side because it's better.
Agree with you that they are "jokes". From my perspective:
- the BA First outpost lounges can be quieter and I like having the option,
- some of the CX outpost business/first lounges are also "jokes", and
- I fully appreciate the OWE lounge access reciprocity especially on AA/BA/QF.

Hopefully CX learns how to better manage the HK Wing F lounge peak capacity without resorting to the conversion of existing lounge space to an F only/Concorde type. The Pier F lounge reopening should help, or perhaps some area of the Bridge could be reserved for DM/OWE.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:26 pm

No it's not...
T5 GF (F/OWE lounge) is quite considerably better than GC (J lounge).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.