Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by maxmin
Thanks for the updates. Looks tiny!
Looks nice but agree, not very big.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by maxmin
Thanks for the updates. Looks tiny!

Are there chairs or anything on the "roof terrace"? Or was that taken through a window?
Taken through a window, no chairs outside.

Reports state it can hold ~177. so, how many seats in F/J... ~65.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 4:00 am

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Right, no chairs outside, no deck.

If you look at the picture I took that shows two seating areas (very first/top one), there are actually 3 total seating areas about that same size; then there is the business section with about 8 work station areas. That's it. But it is not really that small...its a decent size. I would say all in all about the same size or perhaps just slightly larger in total than the BA lounge.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by minhaoxue
Reports state it can hold ~177. so, how many seats in F/J... ~65.
You forgot the MPC/OW elites in Y and their companions...
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:27 am

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Exec Plat, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
So the SFO lounge isn't that great... it's one big lounge but TOO many PAX here and NO separate F area...

One more nail in the coffin for CX F service...

To top it off, NO champagne here!!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ajhira
So the SFO lounge isn't that great... it's one big lounge but TOO many PAX here and NO separate F area...

No champagne? Seriously? Sparkling wine?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 3:11 am

Programs: AAdvatage Executive Platinum / Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club - Green
I would expect it to serve a good Napa valley sparkling wine.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 3:12 am

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club

So what is the alternative? return back to the BA lounge, we all know how many people enjoyed their lounge.. or... hang out with the 300 + paxs at the boarding area.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 1:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold

No champagne for F pax? That's not good ^
Old Dec 7, 2011, 1:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
I'll be in F on 879 Monday morning and will be sure to take tons of pictures as I plan to write a full trip report for this quick RTW trip I'm taking.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 12:16 am

Yup no champers, but the noodles are tasty. And at least they had grey goose. Did get a little crowded closer to boarding time....
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:22 am

Programs: CX DM, SG Krisfl, MH Enrich, Hyatt GP Diam, Priority Club Plat, Marriott SL, HHonors, SPG, AClub
It's clear that they want to create the same look & feel on CX lounges around the world. I was still surprised to see the kitchen corner pic, as it looks exactly like the LHR lounge - as well in the corner and with the hot food section right next to it.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
With the BA lounge being the alternative I don't mind giving up direct boarding from the lounge one bit.

Yes, the BA lounge had a 'separate' first room but more often than not it was home to J and Y passengers wanting to get away from the main room.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 6:41 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Big improvement

Was in the new SFO lounge two days back. It's a major upgrade over the previous BA lounge, despite the loss of lounge boarding.

1.) Vastly improved food options over the old BA lounge (J + F). In addition to the noodle bar, there was a buffet with stir-fried noodles, eggs, hash browns, fruit and prepared sandwiches (I was on CX879, departing at noon).
2.) Space is a BIT tight (my flight went out as a completely full 74A in all classes), but I imagine if SFO eventually downgrades to 777s this will be less of an issue.
3.) Varied seating areas, with a strong resemblance to the Cabin at HKIA (open seating areas, presence of those pod workstations, etc.).
4.) Wine was Hess (mid-sized distribution mid-end Napa Valley wine) red wine, either recent vintage merlot or cab, forgot to check the white.
5.) Beer is Bud and Tsingtao, a definite downgrade from BA for those who care about beer. BA stocks Sierra Nevada at their SFO lounge.
6.) Open and airy feel. Despite being upstairs and without views of the main airfield, the lounge receives heaps of natural sunlight. You can see down off the roof to the gates where the Intl Terminal flights for that side of SFO are parked. A vastly better atmosphere than the BA lounge which is downstairs.

Overall, a massive upgrade with space probably being the biggest concern. I can see space becoming a bigger issue if LAN or BA passengers discover this is easily the preferred lounge for OW pax in SFO, especially since the LAN flight has a similar timing to CX879 and CX still has 74As on the schedule for SFO.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 7:12 pm
Suspended

Last edited by Zapzig; Dec 11, 2011 at 8:11 pm Reason: forget it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.