Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New CX lounge in SFO???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by silver-tls
Always like to go the the mini F SFO room in the BA lounge and try to figure out who is and isn't in F. It was packed a few weeks ago and turns out nobody was in F. Guess they wanted their 2 shrimp dumplings and dried out pork buns?
I've never seen anyone in F actually using that grim lounge (sample size of 4). One time, a family had taken it over, turned the tv volume up loud, and had their kids running amok. Another time featured a contest between two guys trying to use the loudest, most self-important voices while conducting inane phone calls.

I've never been able to figure out what was supposed to be better about the F lounge... the J lounge always seems to have more food, space, etc. (and most of the J pax seem to agree as they wander into the unguarded F lounge, look around disappointedly and head to the J lounge).

The F lounge at SFO always makes me feel kind of sad and lonely.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by silver-tls
Always like to go the the mini F SFO room in the BA lounge and try to figure out who is and isn't in F. It was packed a few weeks ago and turns out nobody was in F. Guess they wanted their 2 shrimp dumplings and dried out pork buns?
That mini F room was very lame. Disappointed in the offerings there even though some of the alcohol was higher quality tham the standard room (Belvedere vodka, for example). I'll look forward to a true CX lounge with better food and drink options on the F trip I'm looking to book Oct '12.

Last edited by mikelat; Nov 9, 2011 at 11:25 pm
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by HKG_Flyer1
I've never seen anyone in F actually using that grim lounge (sample size of 4). One time, a family had taken it over, turned the tv volume up loud, and had their kids running amok. Another time featured a contest between two guys trying to use the loudest, most self-important voices while conducting inane phone calls.

I've never been able to figure out what was supposed to be better about the F lounge... the J lounge always seems to have more food, space, etc. (and most of the J pax seem to agree as they wander into the unguarded F lounge, look around disappointedly and head to the J lounge).

The F lounge at SFO always makes me feel kind of sad and lonely.
F does have better alcohol choices. Thats about it.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
All so elegantly presented ...

Yup,that was about it when I was there. Not quite an F experience. It was tasty, just not as good as the JAL F lounge food options I've had in NRT nor the food options at the Velasquez louge in MAD. And, nowhere near the food in Cathay's HKG lounges.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by mikelat
F does have better alcohol choices. Thats about it.
Was there recently for a BA flight and the F lounge was standing room only. Ridiculous. Just got our "premium" beverages and sat in the J lounge.

It is nice to board BA and CX flights directly from the lounge, however.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Originally Posted by jonman21
I'll be flying on the 19th as well - the day flight. See you there! It sounds like we'll still get the BA Lounge though given the construction delays...
If the new CX lounge is open do let us know, I will be there next March.

BTW - aweome pics in your TR, thanks for sharing
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:49 pm

Programs: pleb
unfortunately the new cx lounge is not open since i'm writing this from the ba terrace right now. i forget who posted before about the december details but that's what it sounds like right now from talking to the ladies at the check in.

guess i'll have to wait until my february trip to experience it
Old Nov 16, 2011, 6:07 pm

Programs: United 2P, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
If the new CX lounge is open do let us know, I will be there next March.

BTW - aweome pics in your TR, thanks for sharing
Thanks, Grande Annee!
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:19 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
I am in the SFO BA Terrace now. I guess I have to wait for my next trip or two for the new CX lounge. At least BA Terrace is not as crowded as it was eight days ago when I was here waiting to board a BA flight.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: DL DM/UA 1P/AA Plat/Starwood Plat/Hilton Diamond
On CX 879 today, and the chatty check-in agent told me that construction is still quite slow, but still on track for December. There's only 3 of us in the "First" Lounge, so at least it's not crowded. Can't wait for the new lounge.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 3:04 pm
Suspended

So they're saying December. Does anyone know if that is to take place beginning, mid, or end of December? I have a flight on Dec 6 and wondering if it'll be open by then?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 7:13 pm

there is an article about the new SFO lounge in the current issue of The Club magazine.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: Asia Miles, Marco Polo, Virgin Flying Club, Etihad Guest & Silver BA Executive Club
The Club article

The new SFO lounge will be bigger than the usual CX lounges. The new lounge will feature the Solus chair, Noodle bar, Long bar and it will be near CX's gates. So to sum it up, the new lounge will be quite similar to The Cabin.

They also gave us a small hint on when the new Y+ will be introduced, and that date is the first quarter of 2012

Image of layout:

The materials that are to feature in the lounge:

Can't wait till it opens, it will be a kick in the face for BA's terrace lounge

Last edited by g.yau; Nov 24, 2011 at 10:48 am Reason: grammatical error
Old Nov 24, 2011, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by g.yau
The new SFO lounge will be bigger than the usual CX lounges. The new lounge will feature the Solus chair, Noodle bar, Long bar and it will be near CX's gates. So to sum it up, the new lounge will be quite similar interior to The Cabin.

Can't wait till it opens, it will be a kick in the face for BA's terrace lounge
Very nice indeed. Can't wait to see it in Feb.
CX can't be doing this for just two daily flights. Could a third daily be on the way?
Old Nov 24, 2011, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Will they be contracting out the lounge to any other carriers or are they keeping it all to themselves?

On a side note, EK will be opening their new lounge at the A-Terminal shortly.

IMO, CX and EK will have the best lounges at SFO when they open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.