Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New CX lounge in SFO???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2011, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Well...greetings from the BA lounge

Bad news: Construction delays. They are now targeting end of November, though it realistically may roll into December. But the build out is in process.

Good news: One of the station supervisors I talked on check in (and a little of this comes from the CX agent at the BA club) to seemed quite up to speed on the project and quite excited about it (rightfully so). Said yes, noodle bar as advertised, but also "significantly more food options than BA - it will be much closer to our offering in Hong Kong". On site kitchen. And...showers (to me this is huge...). Upstairs, post-security, no gate boarding.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:35 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Surprising they haven't built a lounge at JFK... *sigh*
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Santander
Ever been to the "fake" BA F lounge at JFK?
(real one is CR)
Always like to go the the mini F SFO room in the BA lounge and try to figure out who is and isn't in F. It was packed a few weeks ago and turns out nobody was in F. Guess they wanted their 2 shrimp dumplings and dried out pork buns?
Old Nov 7, 2011, 12:43 pm

Programs: pleb
Originally Posted by thesilb
Well...greetings from the BA lounge

Bad news: Construction delays. They are now targeting end of November, though it realistically may roll into December. But the build out is in process.

Good news: One of the station supervisors I talked on check in (and a little of this comes from the CX agent at the BA club) to seemed quite up to speed on the project and quite excited about it (rightfully so). Said yes, noodle bar as advertised, but also "significantly more food options than BA - it will be much closer to our offering in Hong Kong". On site kitchen. And...showers (to me this is huge...). Upstairs, post-security, no gate boarding.
sigh....back to the BA lounge for me next week then i guess...i'm going to have to wait until february to check it out now
Old Nov 7, 2011, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MPO
I will be on Jan 13th flight...can't wait to visit the new lounge.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by silver-tls
Always like to go the the mini F SFO room in the BA lounge and try to figure out who is and isn't in F. It was packed a few weeks ago and turns out nobody was in F. Guess they wanted their 2 shrimp dumplings and dried out pork buns?
they have the same food in the J and F sections; sometimes there are actually more choices in the J section.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Some people just want that feeling of superiority even if the C lounge is actually just as good or even better.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 6:21 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
I'll be there the night of December 11th, technically flying out the morning of the 12th. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be done by then!
Old Nov 8, 2011, 1:57 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Seemed a waste to me on my last SFO-HKG CX F flight. When I first checked in to the BA lounge it was only a kitchen person who checked me in. Later on an agent came to me to let me know of the F 'portion' of the lounge. Really wasn't much different other than it offered a better quality vodka for me than the original BA lounge. I'll be booking another CX F flight through SFO within the next year so looking forward to a CX lounge at SFO.

Last edited by mikelat; Nov 9, 2011 at 11:22 pm
Old Nov 8, 2011, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
All so elegantly presented ...

Old Nov 8, 2011, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Nice to hear of this development. I agree with the consensus here that the BA lounge is mediocre. I sometimes don't even bother with it even if I have time to spare before a BA or CX flight.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 3:59 pm

nice

It is very nice to have a CX lounge in SFO and there should be plenty of spaces in SFO! I admit that it will be nice to have a lounge at JFK but given the limited space at terminal seven, I can't foresee any CX lounge there!
Old Nov 8, 2011, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 75K
I'm another mid-november hopeful that the new Cathay lounge will be opened by the 19th (flying F SFO->HKG). Although from the sounds of it, it looks like a December opening.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Carfield
I admit that it will be nice to have a lounge at JFK but given the limited space at terminal seven, I can't foresee any CX lounge there!
Not to mention the dubious fate of T7 when the BA lease expires in 2015...
Old Nov 8, 2011, 7:17 pm

Programs: United 2P, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by allensun
I'm another mid-november hopeful that the new Cathay lounge will be opened by the 19th (flying F SFO->HKG). Although from the sounds of it, it looks like a December opening.
I'll be flying on the 19th as well - the day flight. See you there! It sounds like we'll still get the BA Lounge though given the construction delays...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.