Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New CX lounge in SFO???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by CX828
Its also interesting to see that FRA will get a lounge. Could we see 10x weekly soon?
FRA already has a CX lounge. It's just being refurbished to bring it up to Pier standard. Probably one of the last lounges on the network to be doing so.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:15 am

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Originally Posted by Top of climb
FRA already has a CX lounge. It's just being refurbished to bring it up to Pier standard. Probably one of the last lounges on the network to be doing so.
Yes sorry, not long after I posted I realized that!!
Old Nov 2, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by QRC3288
A third flight in the middle, however....say CX does a flight departing SFO at like 6pm, so they would have a noon, 6pm and midnight flight....might give them reason to have their own lounge?

If CX did that, the ex-HKG departure would be presumably early evening as well, say like 7pm HK time.

Pure speculation here
There is no way they would have a flight that departs SFO at 6pm, as it would arrive in HKG at an ungodly 12 or 1am. If they did make SFO 3x daily, I believe the schedule would be similar to that of LAX: one midday, then two late night, say at 11pm and 1am. The outbound HKG-SFO would be 2pm, 5-7pm and midnight.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: pleb
Really hope this lounge will be finished in time for my Nov 16 flight. The BA lounge is pretty weak.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 3:23 pm

delete
Old Nov 2, 2011, 3:39 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by nightkhan
Really hope this lounge will be finished in time for my Nov 16 flight. The BA lounge is pretty weak.
Ditto! I'm flying CX out of SFO on the 18th of November. I won't miss the lackluster BA lounge, although I will certainly miss boarding the plane directly from it.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 6:27 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by jumbojet19920711
There is no way they would have a flight that departs SFO at 6pm, as it would arrive in HKG at an ungodly 12 or 1am. If they did make SFO 3x daily, I believe the schedule would be similar to that of LAX: one midday, then two late night, say at 11pm and 1am. The outbound HKG-SFO would be 2pm, 5-7pm and midnight.
Yea good point....and it would make a lot of sense, since CX873 (midnight departure) is usually packed. So I guess they'd just have the ex-HKG 6pm departure or so sit on the ground in SFO longer than what is maybe ideal.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:10 am

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
I'll be flying midnight 17th (technically 18th)... hope to try the new lounge then!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:31 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by bagold
I'll be flying midnight 17th (technically 18th)... hope to try the new lounge then!
See you there, bagold!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by bagold
"Cathay Pacific / The Club News

Lounges opening in San Francisco and Frankfurt this November

Cathay Pacific will open its first premium lounge in the United States in mid-November this year. Located on the fourth floor of the South departure hall at San Francisco International Terminal, the new lounge offers over 100 seats with abundant natural light and design elements inspired by our Hong Kong flagship lounges. The lounge features our signature “Noodle Bar,” as well as a variety of Western and Asian dining options."

Cannot figure out if this is before or after security? Must be after right?
I'm very familiar with the BA lounge in SFO, but can't remember if it is on the 2nd or 3rd floors. The 4th Floor - seems pretty high up. What floor is boarding typically done from for flights out of the South Hall if not from the BA lounge?

That's the one thing the BA lounge excels at - Boarding from the lounge. Very convenient.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: MPO
BA lounge is on the 3rd floor, same level as the departure gate.
The new lounge is on the 4th floor, same level as all the shops and security.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:48 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
I wonder if boarding from the lounge would still be possible. Will be there in Dec. to check it out.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
This should be a nice upgrade from the BA lounge in SFO. I was in the BA lounge on Oct 14th and was very disappointed with it for a CX F flight. Nowhere near the quality of even the Domestic AA Flagship lounges nor near the CX lounges in HKG (which I hadn't experiecned yet since this was my first CX Fligth, but I did enjoy on my return segment).

It'll probably be another year or so before I head back to HKG on CX, but I'll be sure to route through SFO again and check out this new lounge. Should be more in line with the expectations for a CX F experience.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I wonder if boarding from the lounge would still be possible. Will be there in Dec. to check it out.
Most likely not, as this new lounge is located one floor above the boarding/gate levels.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
I'm in F tonight SFO-HKG. Will report on whether the new lounge is yet in service and try to ask the exact start date if it is not...

Although no gate boarding, I see this as a plus for CX...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.