Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

Capital One points transfer security delay issues.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capital One points transfer security delay issues.

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2023, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ffI
IME, Cap one sends an email when you click on transfer - this was in the early days of Dec 2021 when we pooled family points for an award
In my Emirates 500k case, I got an email but no points. I called C1 - initially they said it is OK then the fraud dept got in the next day
Despite proving legit info, after a week I got an email that it was denied
Luckily my plans had changed - I found 70k AA on QR so I was glad to get the points back!
Thanks for the DP. I haven't received an email. I did call in, and C1 said from their side the transfer went through. I even asked if there was a fraud issue, and they said no....
Old May 29, 2023, 10:38 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
As a follow up, my points were transferred about 10 hours after I submitted the request. When the transfer went through I did receive an email from C1 advising me that the transfer went through. My guess is for larger transfer amounts it may not be instant, as previous transfers were instant.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 7:20 am

Over 500K miles to Flying Blue

I'm have a very similar (active) issue with capital one. Transferred 1,000 miles and 2,000 miles no issues on 06/16/23 (Friday) around 7 AM to Flying Blue. Transfer was under 30 minutes to show up in account. Received no emails from Capital One.

Tried transferring over 500K to Flying Blue around 2 PM on 06/16/23 (Friday)

As of this posting (Sunday) 43 hours later still not showing up. Shows as "pending" with Capital One

My account is not locked with capital one. Monday is a holiday so curious to see what happens.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by bostondg
I'm have a very similar (active) issue with capital one. Transferred 1,000 miles and 2,000 miles no issues on 06/16/23 (Friday) around 7 AM to Flying Blue. Transfer was under 30 minutes to show up in account. Received no emails from Capital One.

As of this posting (Sunday) 43 hours later still not showing up. Shows as "pending" with Capital One

My account is not locked with capital one. Monday is a holiday so curious to see what happens.
That's really frustrating.... I've never had transfer issues with AMEX, Citi, or Chase. I guess Capital One may delay certain transfers for larger amounts......, although when I called Capital One they had told me that from their end it went through and perhaps it was an issue with the airline...... Ultimately thankfully the transfer went through for me on its own a few hours later (it was a Sunday, and transfer requested in the early afternoon and went through at night, so it did go through on the weekend for me). Hopefully yours goes through shortly as well....
Old Jun 18, 2023, 2:27 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MarkP24
.... I've never had transfer issues with AMEX, Citi, or Chase. ....
Plenty of similar reports in the Chase and Citi forums. Many of the Chase reports are here: UR to United transfer is not reliably instant. The Citi delays seem to be technical, rather than policy related.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Plenty of similar reports in the Chase and Citi forums. Many of the Chase reports are here: UR to United transfer is not reliably instant. The Citi delays seem to be technical, rather than policy related.
Thanks! I guess I've been lucky with Citi and Chase.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 8:08 am

I am having almost the identical issue with Capital One. Attempted a transfer on June 6 of 6k miles to Flying Blue - a minute later got a confirmation email and points were in the account. Friday, June 16 7pm try to transfer 366k once the actual flights I want opened up - STILL waiting, and I can see the transfer is "pending" on the Capital One side. Reps all say "in our system it shows processed" and there is nobody else they can transfer me to for help. They are coming up with all kinds of reasons (bank holiday, weekend, not a business day), which I find hard to believe as prior transactions were all instant. At least no flag/notices that there are fraud alerts. They did "open up a ticket" so a supervisor can review - hopefully miles clear before then, since it's "10-12 days" before anyone will even get back to me.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by djjavejav
I am having almost the identical issue with Capital One. Attempted a transfer on June 6 of 6k miles to Flying Blue - a minute later got a confirmation email and points were in the account. Friday, June 16 7pm try to transfer 366k once the actual flights I want opened up - STILL waiting, and I can see the transfer is "pending" on the Capital One side. Reps all say "in our system it shows processed" and there is nobody else they can transfer me to for help. They are coming up with all kinds of reasons (bank holiday, weekend, not a business day), which I find hard to believe as prior transactions were all instant. At least no flag/notices that there are fraud alerts. They did "open up a ticket" so a supervisor can review - hopefully miles clear before then, since it's "10-12 days" before anyone will even get back to me.
Hopefully the flights you want from Flying Blue will still be available when the transfer goes through.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
Hopefully the flights you want from Flying Blue will still be available when the transfer goes through.
Unfortunately it's unlikely. Best alternatives are 5 more hours plus a layover plus $1500 extra in taxes. But all C1 will do is shrug their shoulders. Time to move that spend over to AmEx I suppose.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 6:54 pm

Unfortunately it's unlikely. Best alternatives are 5 more hours plus a layover plus $1500 extra in taxes. But all C1 will do is shrug their shoulders. Time to move that spend over to AmEx I suppose.
Ouch! I'm sorry!
Old Jun 19, 2023, 8:31 pm

Well, this story surprisingly had a happy ending. Just got an email that points finally went through, and while the hold had expired on my tickets, they were still available for purchase, so all set for 6 J tickets from Madrid to Miami. Hope everyone else on this thread has similar luck!
Old Jun 20, 2023, 4:06 am

went through

My miles transfered some time after 9 PM on Monday. Was able to book flights on flying blue! I wish Capital One were more clearer on transfer times for large transfers.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 8:52 pm

Well, this story surprisingly had a happy ending. Just got an email that points finally went through, and while the hold had expired on my tickets, they were still available for purchase, so all set for 6 J tickets from Madrid to Miami. Hope everyone else on this thread has similar luck!
My miles transfered some time after 9 PM on Monday. Was able to book flights on flying blue! I wish Capital One were more clearer on transfer times for large transfers.
Great news! Glad that you both were successful!
Old Jun 21, 2023, 2:54 pm

Running into the same thing, transferred 420k points yesterday and nothing. Tried calling back and forth before finding this and have Capital One blaming Flying Blue, and vice versa. With Amex, I transfered 92k instantly to Flying Blue and transfered 260k from Chase and it happened instantly. Don't think I'll keep my Venture X after this, it was hard enough to find award travel to book with C1 transfer partners. Only two tickets left at the price so hoping it comes soon.

Last edited by tomtaylz; Jun 21, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Old Jun 21, 2023, 3:19 pm

Based on my experience this is 100% on C1s side, but they'll neither admit it or do anything to actually help you. If you go to the Transfer Rewards page on the C1site, you might see a "Pending Transfers" message on top of the page, and it should show your miles. At least that way you know they're not lost, and still sitting with C1. But it's anybody's guess when they'll come through for you. Once C1 dropped their extra priority pass benefits their card became pretty irrelevant.
tomtaylz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.