Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

Capital One points transfer security delay issues.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capital One points transfer security delay issues.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2024, 4:16 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dave209
....Aeroplan who says that their is nothing they can do on their end as they have not received anything from C1 and that this is an ongoing issue with C1 that happens randomly and that it could take up to 14 days.
In 2022, the Transfer function was completely disabled from September 25 to October 7. I believe Capital One's points transfer feature is outsourced to Asceda: https://www.ascendaloyalty.com/ascen...unch-new-miles If the fault is at the service provider this can explain why neither Capital One nor the airline's customer service has any useful information.
nsx and maxmin like this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 4:29 pm

Programs: Lifetime Gold AA, Gold Delta, Gold Starwood, Silver UA, Silver Hyatt, etc.
One one transfer that did go through does in fact show Asceda so it highly likely the issue is their's and not C1. very strange how one goes through quickly but more than one hangs the system up.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by AL13
UPDATE:

On Friday, when the miles didn't immediately transfer, I put a 72-hour hold on the flights through Air France.

Today (Monday) 11am (4 hours before my hold expired) - Called C1 again hoping for a different supervisor from yesterday, but was again told that the transfer was "initiated successfully" and it is entirely out of their hands. I again mentioned that I was aware of people opening tickets after 48 hours of miles not appearing. She then patched a three-way call to Flying Blue, and Flying Blue accepted blame and said that their system can take up to 72 hours from the banks showing a successful transfer for the miles to appear in the account, not counting weekends. I pointed out that my 72-hour hold on the award tickets DID include weekend hours and would likely expire before the points appear in my account, and she extended the hold for an additional 72 hours for free.

This seems to be a drastic shift from what everyone else has experienced, but it is certainly streamlined with Flying Blue admitting the delay is within their system and holding the award flights for free.

Update: Woke up this morning and had gotten the email from Cap1 around midnight. Checked Flying Blue, miles were there. Completed purchase of tickets that were held, A+ to AirFrance for holding the tickets free of charge since it was their own delay. Time from transfer to miles being ready: about 80 hours (including the weekend)
Old Jan 23, 2024, 10:53 pm

Programs: Lifetime Gold AA, Gold Delta, Gold Starwood, Silver UA, Silver Hyatt, etc.
The missing miles hit my Aeroplan tonight about 36 hours since the initial transfer.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 2:11 am

Delay AGAIN

So back in Dec Transferred a total 180k and 256k to Turkish and a flying Blue with minutes of each other.

took 79 hours for them to post. I put a hold on the flights 24 hours after they had not moved and got the transfer through in time before the hold expired.

On Wed. 1/24 transferred 356k miles to FB at 1800 EST. I am now 84 hours later and no miles. I already lost a hold as they refused to extend it and the tickets did not go back in the pot, so it will now be 200k more miles. I have one more flight option 4 days later that will work but other than that no other options. I am paranoid to hold the flight as if it doesn’t go through in the next 72 hours I am totally hosed as if it doesn’t go back into the flight bucket I’ll lose my redemption. I called C1 the last time but said they can’t do anything unless I don’t see anything for 2 weeks and then they’ll open a ticket but it said on their end it went through. I have transferred to FB 3 previous times with no issue but wondered if it was because I did two large transfers back to back.

Soooo frustrating. I think we need to bombard TPG and other blogs. They seem to turn a blind eye to this and always say “instant” likely cuz of the kickbacks they get from the referrals. This is just madness and no consistency. I fid find a page on FB that says it takes 1-5 days typically from C1 but up to 15. The fact Flying Blue now has a page specifically for C1 tells me this is a major issue and regular enough problem for them to even make an official page stating it is not instant a lot of the times. If this is the case they should allow back transfers if it goes past X amount of time like 5 days or something as that is just an excessive time to clear OR offer extended holds for those with this issue. 72 hours is not long enough and I lost my main flight option because of that. Argh!

Update: finally got the miles this 0800 1/30. I transferred at 1800 on 1/24. So it took 134 hours. I called C1 pretty much daily and Flying Blue trying to get them moved faster. I don’t think it helped at all.

I did end up using them on on my backup flight option. It was a rare redemption for 4 people during peak time 12/22 from MIA-CDG-PVG in the new Air France seat for both legs. Would have been 62k USD but used 356000 miles and $1680 dollars. So 17.4 cents/mile plus fees. Not bad. So rare to be able to find redemptions for a family of 4, esp during Christmas but miracles do happen.

Last edited by Rimmit; Jan 30, 2024 at 9:00 pm
Old Feb 13, 2024, 5:00 am

Programs: United Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Elite
Took around 90 hours for my AF transfer (250k miles) over the weekend. Based on the experience of others in this thread, I imagine it's due to the large amount + being the weekend. I also transferred a very small (<10k) transfer to Smiles&Miles and it was also delayed, but went through immediately after my AF transfer went through. Luckily I initiated the transfer more than a week before I expect that I need it. So I'd recommend this route for anyone looking to transfer large amount of CO points. Can't bet on instant xfers for CO anymore.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by iceiceui2
Took around 90 hours for my AF transfer (250k miles) over the weekend. Based on the experience of others in this thread, I imagine it's due to the large amount + being the weekend. I also transferred a very small (<10k) transfer to Smiles&Miles and it was also delayed, but went through immediately after my AF transfer went through. Luckily I initiated the transfer more than a week before I expect that I need it. So I'd recommend this route for anyone looking to transfer large amount of CO points. Can't bet on instant xfers for CO anymore.
yep. My last two have been anywhere from 3-6 days for a transfer.

Definitely vented my frustrations with C1 and said that if this is going to be a continuing problem we need to have a system in place such that we can have a conference call with the FFP that allows prolonged holds while we await miles to clear. Losing my original flight was incredibly frustrating and knowing it could have been 15 days till the miles cleared, I wasn’t sure if my second hold was gonna expire before the miles transferred. The amount of anxiety is just painful for something that shouldn’t be so hard.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 6:01 pm

This happened to me. Feb 17, transferred 11000 miles from C1 to Asiamiles, the transfer went through instantly. Then on Feb 22, initiated the 400K transfer to asiamiles, now stucked in no where. Same story, called c1, they stated that the miles went through and asked me to check with Asiamiles. Called Asiamiles, they said there is nothing they can do but only to ask me to contact C1.

Waste of time.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by ghok9839
This happened to me. Feb 17, transferred 11000 miles from C1 to Asiamiles, the transfer went through instantly. Then on Feb 22, initiated the 400K transfer to asiamiles, now stucked in no where. Same story, called c1, they stated that the miles went through and asked me to check with Asiamiles. Called Asiamiles, they said there is nothing they can do but only to ask me to contact C1.

Waste of time.
It definitely seems to be random threshold. I’ve never had the miles held for less than 250k, but my larger transactions have been a real issue. The thing is I am booking 4 biz class seats for my family everytime so my transfers are almost large everytime. The smaller transactions have never been an issue for me.

please update this thread with the time it took you just as another data point. Thanks.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 6:24 pm

Certainly will post an update if I'm able to complete the transfer - which frankly I have a bad feeling. So I guess it make sense to recommend member to only make small lot of transfer (say 30K) each day.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 6:36 pm

Certainly will post an update if I'm able to complete the transfer - which frankly I have a bad feeling. So I guess it make sense to recommend member to only make small lot of transfer (say 30K) each day.
I am 99.9% sure it will go through. This has happened to me several times, one time which was about 6 days, but they always go through. I am pretty certain it's the C1 fraud detection, screening for a fraudulent transaction.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 7:40 pm

Finally, the 400K completed the transfer. Feb 22 16:00 initiated the transfer and Feb 25 20:30 complete - a total of 76 hours
Old Feb 25, 2024, 8:03 pm

Finally, the 400K completed the transfer. Feb 22 16:00 initiated the transfer and Feb 25 20:30 complete - a total of 76 hours
Thanks. That is eerily similar to one of my other transfers. Almost exactly. I transferred at 1630 got the email 3 days later at 2230
Old Mar 14, 2024, 8:23 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
My emirates transfer was held up for fraud - They came back in 5 days
Let us know if you got the points back.
Originally Posted by MathAviation7
Just called C1, and they said they would try to stop transfer since it was a large amount, but it would take up to 10 business days. Hopefully everything works out. Wonder if anyone has had a successful experience getting their C1 miles transferred back.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:33 pm

British Airways transfer delay. The statements show up in P2's account with credited Avios and the linked head of household account user (P1) can see as "household Avios," but the actual Avios don't show up as credited in P2's account. Which means said Avios can't be transferred to other programs. "Household Avios" showing up was instant, but I'm currently at around 2-4 hours wait time to see them show in P2's account. I imagine it'll be another 3+ days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.