Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

Capital One points transfer security delay issues.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capital One points transfer security delay issues.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2023, 11:25 am

Just to pile on: wasted an hour of my life dealing with C1's awful process - account blocked without notice, being treated like a criminal for using my points, and dealing with clueless reps who are unaware how to handle things. What an awful introduction to the C1 Venture X card. No wonder they have to pay the bloggers so much to pitch this product.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 2:18 pm

Programs: VS Gold
I wonder if this is a good person to reach out to? Lauren Liss (Senior Vice President | Head of Premium Products, Marketing and Rewards | Capital One)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/lauren-liss-722a743b/

She might have no idea this is all going on, and would love to be made aware so she can have a hand in fixing it?
Old Nov 26, 2023, 5:23 pm

Programs: A3 Silver, DL Silver Medallion
Transferred 306,000 miles from C1 to Air France yesterday, miles haven’t shown up, and now my tickets went up to 484,000 miles. Will I be able to get my C1 miles back, if I shut down my Air France account (I currently have no miles in that account)
Old Nov 26, 2023, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by MathAviation7
Transferred 306,000 miles from C1 to Air France yesterday, miles haven’t shown up, and now my tickets went up to 484,000 miles. Will I be able to get my C1 miles back, if I shut down my Air France account (I currently have no miles in that account)
unfortunately no
Old Nov 26, 2023, 5:50 pm

Programs: A3 Silver, DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by MathAviation7
Just called C1, and they said they would try to stop transfer since it was a large amount, but it would take up to 10 business days. Hopefully everything works out. Wonder if anyone has had a successful experience getting their C1 miles transferred back.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 9:23 am

Points showed up instantly on transfer but credit card locked 2 weeks later

Sharing a data point of near identical transactions, one flagged for fraud and the other not.

Both my partner and I did first time transfers of miles from our separate, respective Venture accounts,
Both of our transfers of 1,000 miles went through instantly to our respective TK accounts.

One of us had our credit card and online access to account locked two weeks later.

Representative said that the mileage reward redemption triggered their fraud detection system.
Had to submit photos of driver's license and spend 30 minutes on the phone with an account manager to restore access.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what trips up Capital One's fraud detection system.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 6:52 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Ok, here we go...probably...
I have transferred points to Aeroplan multiple times over the past couple years. Last time was 60K in Oct '23. All posted instantaneously.
Transferred 240K about three hours ago. No email. Cap1 site shows transfer. Nothing yet at Aeroplan.
This is for a relatively close-in redemption so probably screwed.
Update
24 Hours Later: No Points. No word from Capital One. Awards availability is gone.
48 Hours Later: No Points. No word from Capital One.

Last edited by flyaxa; Jan 21, 2024 at 5:05 am
Old Jan 21, 2024, 10:36 am

Capital one to Flying Blue

Those of you who have been able to talk to C1 and open a ticket, what have you said to the representatives? My conversations are going nowhere...

Friday 3pm - Transferred 294k miles to Flying Blue.

Friday 7pm - Miles debited from C1 account but not appearing in Flying Blue account. Previous transfers had all been instant, so I started googling and found this forum. Called C1 to check if there was a fraud trigger and hopefully get ahead of the game. Representative told me that the transfer was successful. I reiterated that the miles were not available, and she changed her answer to "in process" rather than successful, but said there was no fraud alert.

Saturday - Nothing from C1, no miles in Flying Blue. Knew from reading this forum I needed to wait until 48hrs to open a ticket.

Today (Sunday) 11am- Still no miles. called C1 again, was told that the "transfer initiation" was successful on their end and it's up to Flying Blue's timeline to accept the miles. Asked for supervisor, supervisor reiterated the same information and told me there is no ticket to be opened since the transfer initiation was successful. She didn't say to call back after 15 days, or give any advice. Her message was basically that it was out of C1's hands and "too bad so sad"
Old Jan 21, 2024, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by AL13
Those of you who have been able to talk to C1 and open a ticket, what have you said to the representatives? My conversations are going nowhere...

Friday 3pm - Transferred 294k miles to Flying Blue.

Friday 7pm - Miles debited from C1 account but not appearing in Flying Blue account. Previous transfers had all been instant, so I started googling and found this forum. Called C1 to check if there was a fraud trigger and hopefully get ahead of the game. Representative told me that the transfer was successful. I reiterated that the miles were not available, and she changed her answer to "in process" rather than successful, but said there was no fraud alert.

Saturday - Nothing from C1, no miles in Flying Blue. Knew from reading this forum I needed to wait until 48hrs to open a ticket.

Today (Sunday) 11am- Still no miles. called C1 again, was told that the "transfer initiation" was successful on their end and it's up to Flying Blue's timeline to accept the miles. Asked for supervisor, supervisor reiterated the same information and told me there is no ticket to be opened since the transfer initiation was successful. She didn't say to call back after 15 days, or give any advice. Her message was basically that it was out of C1's hands and "too bad so sad"
CFPB
Old Jan 22, 2024, 12:37 pm

UPDATE:

On Friday, when the miles didn't immediately transfer, I put a 72-hour hold on the flights through Air France.

Today (Monday) 11am (4 hours before my hold expired) - Called C1 again hoping for a different supervisor from yesterday, but was again told that the transfer was "initiated successfully" and it is entirely out of their hands. I again mentioned that I was aware of people opening tickets after 48 hours of miles not appearing. She then patched a three-way call to Flying Blue, and Flying Blue accepted blame and said that their system can take up to 72 hours from the banks showing a successful transfer for the miles to appear in the account, not counting weekends. I pointed out that my 72-hour hold on the award tickets DID include weekend hours and would likely expire before the points appear in my account, and she extended the hold for an additional 72 hours for free.

This seems to be a drastic shift from what everyone else has experienced, but it is certainly streamlined with Flying Blue admitting the delay is within their system and holding the award flights for free.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 4:37 pm

Programs: Lifetime Gold AA, Gold Delta, Gold Starwood, Silver UA, Silver Hyatt, etc.
Same Problem

Transfered 179,500 from my Spark Business account and it hit my Aeroplan account almost instantly, then I transfered 170,500 about 5 mins. later from my Venture X account and still nothing has showed and no email. Called C1 everyone is clueless I even spoke to the fraud dept. but they aren't showing any alerts. Keep us updated and I'll do the same.

Originally Posted by flyaxa
I have transferred points to Aeroplan multiple times over the past couple years. Last time was 60K in Oct '23. All posted instantaneously.
Transferred 240K about three hours ago. No email. Cap1 site shows transfer. Nothing yet at Aeroplan.
Update
24 Hours Later: No Points. No word from Capital One. Awards availability is gone.

Last edited by dave209; Jan 22, 2024 at 4:50 pm
Old Jan 22, 2024, 9:23 pm

Just to add to the conversation. I transferred miles from Chase and Amex to Aeroplan on Sat 1/20 at 4pm for the first time. They went in immediately so I then transferred 299k miles from Capital One. They did not show and I didn't get an email. Called C1 a few hours later and was told everything looked good and to wait it out. Ended up calling C1 again today when I still didn't see the miles. Was told it could take 72 hours since I did it over the weekend. Finally got an email from C1 and the miles in Aeroplan tonight at 8pm. It took 52 hours. Crazy!
Old Jan 23, 2024, 5:42 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Update
I called Cap1 yesterday afternoon. They said it went through on their end. Said it could take up to 8 business days. Asked if I had contacted Aeroplan and I replied, no, but explained that it has always been immediate and a day after attempting to transfer from Cap1 I transferred to AP from Amex and the miles posted immediately. She offered to call Aeroplan which we did (joined call) but waited on hold for 1 1/2 hours. Finally, I had an urgent issue requiring attention and just hung up. Email arrived around 11pm last night saying my miles are ready to be used at Aeroplan. So 41 hours.
I don't think this is a fraud alert issue, as was the case with the early posts in this thread. It's either Cap1 or Aeroplan's "connection" with Cap1.
dave209 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 8:54 am

I moved 1000 points to Avianca LifeMiles last night to see if my current LM balance could be extended with the additional of miles; and the answer to that was 'YES' (an additional year). The transfer was instantaneous...received an e-mail from LM within 5 minutes confirming the transfer.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 3:28 pm

Programs: Lifetime Gold AA, Gold Delta, Gold Starwood, Silver UA, Silver Hyatt, etc.
Hold Time with Aeroplan

After 2 hours and 16 mins.being I hold I spoke with someone at Aeroplan who says that their is nothing they can do on their end as they have not received anything from C1 and that this is an ongoing issue with C1 that happens randomly and that it could take up to 14 days.

I called Cap1 yesterday afternoon. They said it went through on their end. Said it could take up to 8 business days. Asked if I had contacted Aeroplan and I replied, no, but explained that it has always been immediate and a day after attempting to transfer from Cap1 I transferred to AP from Amex and the miles posted immediately. She offered to call Aeroplan which we did (joined call) but waited on hold for 1 1/2 hours. Finally, I had an urgent issue requiring attention and just hung up. Email arrived around 11pm last night saying my miles are ready to be used at Aeroplan. So 41 hours.
I don't think this is a fraud alert issue, as was the case with the early posts in this thread. It's either Cap1 or Aeroplan's "connection" with Cap1.

Last edited by dave209; Jan 23, 2024 at 3:45 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.