Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: United: 1K
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I thot 10K miles = $100 GC, so 2 miles are worth 1 penny.
Find a calculator. $100 = 10,000 pennies
10,000 miles = 10,000 pennies
1 mile = 1 penny
Old Mar 11, 2011, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by dlouise37
From the FAQ on the above card: It appears this card will not earn any miles for using it..

"
Q: Do I receive AAdvantage miles when using this card?
A: You won't earn extra AAdvantage miles using this card. Of course, you still receive AAdvantage miles on your applicable American Airlines flight activity.
"

It would be hard for C1 to say with a straight face that they are offering to match miles against it.
You earn C1 miles, each C1 mile is worth 1 cent when applied against travel charges on your credit card. Think of the card as offering 2% cashback applied to travel charges and you won't be so confused.

You'll also continue to earn AA miles for your travel from AA.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by robbiesam
Nobody nows for sure but I would guess that it would work for you becuase you will just provide a delta statement. I doubt they will ask for proof that you have a card
Why, considering that's part of the terms?
Old Mar 11, 2011, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by tdk2999
I certainly hope that you are wrong on the Citi AA and Chase CO. That's really all I got at the moment.
I don't think the AA card (as opposed to the Citi AA cards) is considered a competitor to Venture - its not a normal credit card -can be used for AA flights only - not at other merchants.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by dweick
You earn C1 miles, each C1 mile is worth 1 cent when applied against travel charges on your credit card. Think of the card as offering 2% cashback applied to travel charges and you won't be so confused.

You'll also continue to earn AA miles for your travel from AA.
You missed the point. That post was in response to someone saying that C1 meant the AA-issued card, not the Citibank-AA card. The AA issued card earns NO miles, so there's nothing for C1 to match, which means C1 really does mean the Citi AA card.

They weren't saying you wouldn't get C1 VMiles for purchases on C1... they were explicitly talking about which card C1 was matching against - in this case, the Citi AA cards (MC/Visa/Amex) which earn miles per dollar, not the AA-provided credit card (which earns no miles on spend).
Old Mar 11, 2011, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by scwam
The part they don't equate to other airlines is that although you get "double miles" your are really getting worse redemption. $1 = 2miles but 2 miles redeemed are worth 1 penny. Most other airlines you'll get nearly double redemption value or possibly more.

"Capital One! It's double miles... oh we omiited the part on half redemption value against typical market redemption rates, and by the way we pulled all 3 bureaus, sorry."
1 mile redeemed is worth 1 penny

The 110,000 miles you can get from this deal are worth $1100

You are confused
Old Mar 11, 2011, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by cevee
I don't think the AA card (as opposed to the Citi AA cards) is considered a competitor to Venture - its not a normal credit card -can be used for AA flights only - not at other merchants.
It is a normal credit card, just think of it like a "store card" for JC Penney, Sears, etc. They're not network cards (no Visa/MC/Discover/Amex/DC network affiliation). They're certainly credit cards, though.

You're right that C1 is targeting the folks holding mileage-earning airline cards, those co-braded and issued as network credit cards.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 10:04 am

Experian and Transunion inquiries for me.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by booyaa
I believe my FICO's were in the lower 700s. My VantageScores were certainly in the 810-825 range. I also have had around 3 inquiries on Transunion, 5 on Equifax, and 9 on Experian. About 6 or 7 new accounts in last 6 months, and oldest credit account is 3 years old only.

I was instantly approved with 5k limit, but of course, YMMV
Thanks so much for the data point. It is appreciated.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 10:17 am

Forgive a Noob for the question, but where are you guys seeing your credit pulls so quickly?
Old Mar 11, 2011, 10:21 am

For all those still thinking you will have to send in a credit card statement, see this article on View from the Wing from yesterday (posted earlier in this thread):

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...atching-bonus/

The point is that you will NOT have to send in a credit card statement. Only a frequent flyer rewards statement. The article makes it sound as if they won't care about the source of the miles. For example, if you send in this month's statement with a balance of 100,000 miles but no activity, then C1 won't have any way of telling where the miles came from.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 10:49 am

Programs: AA, BA, SPG, CO, JB
Was instantly approved!

Now to decide which account to match.

I have 50k in US Airways > Could buy another 50k (for 100% bonus) and match that > will they know?

Or I have 140k in AA starting balance but due to redemption this month, I am left with 2k > will they accept a Feb statement or do you think they will verify?

Any tips ?
Old Mar 11, 2011, 10:54 am
Used to be Colonelwes

appvd w/30K limit, awaiting email for registration.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 10:55 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Was instantly approved with 20,000 limit.

It seems that their intention was to match miles earned through credit card spend, but if you can submit only one statement that would be difficult to establish since no one would have earned 100,000 miles in one month.

Does anyone have details on the email address to which we can submit our statement? Has anyone submitted yet?
Old Mar 11, 2011, 11:05 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by krazedtrader
Was instantly approved!

Now to decide which account to match.

I have 50k in US Airways > Could buy another 50k (for 100% bonus) and match that > will they know?

Or I have 140k in AA starting balance but due to redemption this month, I am left with 2k > will they accept a Feb statement or do you think they will verify?

Any tips ?
I believe that they will accept statements within 6 months. Your Feb statement should be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.