Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:45 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by Nelumbo
After logging into your account, you can use the Venture Miles to deduct your travel debit on at 10 Venture Miles/$. The "miles" are more like "virtual cents". No transfer. There's a tutorial flash video on the card's website.
I presume you mean 100 venture miles/$ or are venture miles different than points?
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:49 pm

Programs: virgin
Originally Posted by philemer
See post #303 above. Cap1 does NOT want a credit card statement. Besides, your cc statement would only show miles earned during that month. I'll do a screen shot of my last CO or AA stmt. showing my total miles.
they want a months statement because thats all you'll get - what you spent that month. I betcha.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:51 pm

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Originally Posted by ordua
some banks dont give miles for coins. are thay one of them?
no. That has already been confirmed in this thread.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by peegeenyc
they want a months statement because thats all you'll get - what you spent that month. I betcha.
Upn reading the fine print again, I'm thinking the same thing
Old Mar 10, 2011, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by Bowgie
. . . I redeemed Cap One points for a flight on UA almost two years ago. You go to their web site, which links to an airline booking website that's about as easy to use as Expedia. One point equals one cent. The airline tickets are priced the same as any other booking site; no extra fees. If the ticket can be bought with money, then it can be "purchased" with Cap One points. No blackouts or limited availability games with Cap One points.

Only sad part is that I did not get UA ff miles credited to my UA ff account even though the reservation had my UA number, and was viewable on UA's website. Maybe the operating carrier treats it like a free ticket.
That description makes the program sound like Flex Perks offered by US Bank, and that would be a lot more restrictive than the reports earlier in this thread where people describe an after-the-fact credit for travel-related expenses.

I wonder which way the program will actually operate.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
That description makes the program sound like Flex Perks offered by US Bank, and that would be a lot more restrictive than the reports earlier in this thread where people describe an after-the-fact credit for travel-related expenses.

I wonder which way the program will actually operate.
I think it works BOTH ways! You can use their website -- OR -- do a reimbursement. I just thought their website was easier.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Originally Posted by xyzzy
Upn reading the fine print again, I'm thinking the same thing
Thinking about that again, the sample text des say this:
Let's say you have earned 76,250 miles earned on your United Mileage Plus credit card. You'll get 76250 miles on your new Venture card...
I think that nobody (other than perhaps ne of us) reading that would expect that the example would be based on one month of spending. It doesn't say that, and very few cards have limits high enough to even make that possible.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 8:53 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
>>>>>> If the ticket can be bought with money, then it can be "purchased" with Cap One points. No blackouts or limited availability games with Cap One points.

Excellent!

>>>>>>>Only sad part is that I did not get UA ff miles credited to my UA ff account even though the reservation had my UA number, and was viewable on UA's website. Maybe the operating carrier treats it like a free ticket.

Oh no, the horrors!! Can someone else familiar with Capital One redemptions confirm this? I hope it is NOT true!!!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Oh no, the horrors!! Can someone else familiar with Capital One redemptions confirm this? I hope it is NOT true!!!
In the example on the site for the new card you can apply the points after the purchase posts to your card. In that case the ticket is mst certainly a regular ticket.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:23 pm

sorry for the typo. you are right, it's 100 venture miles/$
Originally Posted by johndeere19
I presume you mean 100 venture miles/$ or are venture miles different than points?
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Pulled the trigger... I could definitely use an extra $1100 of mileage-earning flights. But I can't imagine how this is going to play out once the commercials air this weekend. Cap One is going to have a serious customer service challenge on their hands when they realize all of us are going to consume those 1 billion miles in 1 or 2 days of the offer being live. Yikes.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: Lotz
My read:

You will get bonus C1 "miles" equal to what miles you have gotten on any one of the named airline credit cards (for purchases and bonuses) up to a total match of 100K.

If C1 trys to wiggle on this they will be in a very arkward position.

Last edited by tassojunior; Mar 10, 2011 at 9:34 pm
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:57 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by xyzzy
In the example on the site for the new card you can apply the points after the purchase posts to your card. In that case the ticket is most certainly a regular ticket.
xyzzy is right. The trade-off is apparently miles vs the convenience of just paying straight off with Cap One points. Even though I got hosed on my UA flight (no miles), I can't say for sure how other airlines would handle it, or whether my experience with UA was a one-of event.

UA is so opaque I could not figure out the booking code that Cap One's online agency bought for me.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Approved for $5K. Data Points: never had Cap 1 before, FICO around 780, recently applied and got approved for Continental and US Air (the good one). Also did some mild churning back in 2010. Thanks a bunch OP!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:02 pm

Don't know why so many people are so confused about what the venture points get you. It's really quite easy. All you do is use your Venture card to purchase regular travel, flights, hotels, taxi, etc. Then, you login to the rewards website and select purchases for reimbursement.

For example, if you buy a plane ticket for $200 (this is a normal revenue ticket BTW) using your venture card, you go to the venture website, and redeem a $200 credit on your statement for 20,000 points. Done. It's really that simple.

Only thing you lose is the $200 spend on another card (or any multiplying factor you have) on that other card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.