Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2011, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by johndeere19
Not miles...points.
Yeah, it's all the same to me. All that matters is that points and miles equal free vacations for me and the family
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:06 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gpapadop
>>>>>> If the ticket can be bought with money, then it can be "purchased" with Cap One points. No blackouts or limited availability games with Cap One points.

Excellent!

>>>>>>>Only sad part is that I did not get UA ff miles credited to my UA ff account even though the reservation had my UA number, and was viewable on UA's website. Maybe the operating carrier treats it like a free ticket.

Oh no, the horrors!! Can someone else familiar with Capital One redemptions confirm this? I hope it is NOT true!!!
Sure, you will get the miles for your UA flight when using Cap1 "miles". Unlike using true FF miles, using Cap1 "miles" is really a paid ticket (with Cap1 money).

Another thing that I like about this type of CC is that you don't have to deal with any capacity controls (think: DL).
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:07 am

Has anyone received their passcode from C1 yet? If you did, how did you get it?
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Mirage777
Has anyone received their passcode from C1 yet? If you did, how did you get it?
None have yet.

Read post #390
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:32 am

2 inquiries

Just a data point, they hit my Transunion and Experian, so only 2 inquires for me.

Best,

PedroNY
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:38 am

I called about the sign up and asked if I could just move half my credit line from my orbitz card as I did not want to go thru the hassle of unfreezing all 3 of my credit reports. Rep said no, so I just unfroze my reports and applied online and was approved with $20,000 credit line, same as my orbitz. Current credit score is 777.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Applied and was approved instantly. Went ahead and picked up an AA Visa while I was at it, just in case a) I decide to use my AA account and b) hard pulls mean I'm locked out of credit seeking for a while.

A point for UA flyers: we actually DO HAVE a credit card mileage rewards statement. Anybody remember Choices? It's still accessible and if you needed a statement that showed how much you'd actually earned through credit card spending, it's right there. Mine shows my credit card spending matching my total mileage balance at the moment ^
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:57 am

Does the matching apply to your current mileage balance on given statement? Or accumulated mileage up to 100k? I recently used a large chunk of miles, although my stmt does show the beginning balance was higher.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Crush627
Does the matching apply to your current mileage balance on given statement? Or accumulated mileage up to 100k? I recently used a large chunk of miles, although my stmt does show the beginning balance was higher.
I would hang on to that statement. Hard to believe that wouldn't be considered 'current.'
Old Mar 11, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by swat16
I'm not following you at all. There is no such thing as an American Airlines card except for the card offered by Citi. Same goes for the CO card and United card.
Yes there is. You don't earn miles on it, though, which is why CapOne didn't expand it out to say AA Mastercard/Visa/Amex. If it's mileage earning, it's the Citibank card. Also a marketing trick, not listing competitor's brands.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by wdogg
here's one of the catches (from what i can gather): you have to have one of the exact cards that's listed by capital one as outlined in their terms and conditions since they are obviously aware of other recent airline promos, most notably the 75/100k Citi AA cards.

* American Airlines Card
NOT a Citi AA card

* Continental Airlines Card
NOT a chase CO card

* United Mileage Plus Visa Card
i think this is the 50k bonus chase card from april, 2010
This is wrong. The AA card, specifically, from AA, earns no miles, so that's obviously not what's meant. They just didn't list their competitor's names as co-branding information.

Mods - can we redact this bad information?
Old Mar 11, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
If I got the 75K mile promotion from the Amex Platinum sign up bonus (50K MR points transferred to Skymiles) and that is where the majority of my miles is from, I'm guessing that would NOT qualify me for the CapOne promotion?
Old Mar 11, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by learningtime
Anyone get approved with scores below 740? I am wondering whether to pull the trigger for my parents. Their scores are around 720 ish for experian, a bit higher for EQ and TU. No negative records but lots of new account and relatively new credit file. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
I believe my FICO's were in the lower 700s. My VantageScores were certainly in the 810-825 range. I also have had around 3 inquiries on Transunion, 5 on Equifax, and 9 on Experian. About 6 or 7 new accounts in last 6 months, and oldest credit account is 3 years old only.

I was instantly approved with 5k limit, but of course, YMMV
Old Mar 11, 2011, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Sportsgirl26
If I got the 75K mile promotion from the Amex Platinum sign up bonus (50K MR points transferred to Skymiles) and that is where the majority of my miles is from, I'm guessing that would NOT qualify me for the CapOne promotion?
Possibly not. Do you have one of the listed cards that's also contributing miles? Just know that per the terms they COULD limit the match to what an airline CC put in your account.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Sportsgirl26
Nobody nows for sure but I would guess that it would work for you becuase you will just provide a delta statement. I doubt they will ask for proof that you have a card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.