Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Originally Posted by travelinterpreters
I was the one that used the same AA account for both the personal card and the biz card. When I checked online it showed that they had accepted my AA account for the biz card as well, but it did not say for how many miles. Today I got an email saying that they have accepted the whole 100K for both cards using the same AA account. I have just under 200K total in the AA account if that matters to anyone.
Originally Posted by GoGreen
She also recommended that for security purposes I black out the FF account number, she said they don't need that.
travelinterpreters I appreciate you posting back your experience. I'm going to submit my AA statement for my business match this afternoon and blackout the FF# as GoGreen suggests. I didn't see how they would track such information without infringing on my privacy by taking down a third party's affinity number. Looks like they're not.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Milano Suprano
Just spoke with a rep from C1 and he was told they were just over half way through the 1b miles available. We'll see if his info is any good... I find it hard to believe that with how many people are jumping on this promo that that all they have given away so far
I have never done business with C1, but tend to think that they have some sort of end-game strategy. If they leave people high and dry, that will not produce much goodwill. It wouldn't surprise me if they pull the promotion and ads when they hit a predetermined figure, such as 800K, so as to permit those in the process of submitting verification, the liklihood of receiving their miles. Again, I have no basis for these statements.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Miles have been matched and it didn't take long after I spent the $1000 to get the points on my account (took about 3 to 4 days from the date of charging). Excellent job Capital One and great customer service on the phone answering my questions. I'm impressed. I've never been with Capital One until now. Happy customer!
Old Apr 1, 2011, 12:50 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Are Cap One still enforcing the 45 day time between applications? If my spouse applied for the personal card on March 9th, does she have to wait until April 23rd to apply for the biz card?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by thehawk75
I just got my passcode on Monday and immediately submitted my AAdvantage statement to match for the 100K miles. On Tuesday I even got confirmation that I had 100K miles 'reserved'. However, just now I opened my e-mail and find this asinine letter:

I'm quite annoyed actually. How can they say my miles are 'reserved' and then just change their mind like this? What's even more annoying is I go to their website and Alec Baldwin is still hocking this promotion. How can they continue to advertise this when they aren't even going to honor it?
Please tell us you're joking.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by chemist661
Are Cap One still enforcing the 45 day time between applications? If my spouse applied for the personal card on March 9th, does she have to wait until April 23rd to apply for the biz card?
NO. There is no truth to that at all. I applied for both about 14 days apart and instantly approved for both.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by FlyerInCmh
Please tell us you're joking.
Hopefully.....
Old Apr 1, 2011, 1:06 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Capital One is great when you're approved. Their approvals are erratic and they don't have much of a reconsideration procedure unless any info was false. Their right to do so, but still...
Old Apr 1, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA, AS, BA, UA, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by TTT103
I have never done business with C1, but tend to think that they have some sort of end-game strategy. If they leave people high and dry, that will not produce much goodwill. It wouldn't surprise me if they pull the promotion and ads when they hit a predetermined figure, such as 800K, so as to permit those in the process of submitting verification, the liklihood of receiving their miles. Again, I have no basis for these statements.
You would think they would do something like this, especially since it seems that they are trying to win over new customers. I think in the next few weeks/ months we will all gather a pretty good idea about how C1 operates. So far it seems that most here have been quite please with their customer service... at least in regards to this promo.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by kayjay
nowronever

Submit either AA or Delta statement, whichever has the greatest cumulative miles earned.

I have submitted AA statements twice (one for personal and the other for business) for myself and once for my wife. None of them showed more than 100 miles earned in the current rewards period. It is the cumulative miles shown that counts.

Nor does it make any difference how the miles were earned.
Were the AA statements that you submitted for the personal and business CC from different FF accounts or where they from one account?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by booyaa
Capital One is great when you're approved. Their approvals are erratic and they don't have much of a reconsideration procedure unless any info was false. Their right to do so, but still...
EXACTLY.

If you are approved, be it instantly or deferred, they seem to have good customer services especially on this particular card that they heavily promote in hope of broadening their normal customer base, i.e. reel in customers who normally dont care for C1 cards.

However if you are instantly denied by the computer there is very little, or none, could be done to get a reconsideration unlike other banks such as Citi, Chase and AMEX.

C1 simply does not have such department / procedure in place at all.

The only channel we were able to get through is via Twitter @AskCapitalOne. The Social Media team claims it is directly under executive office and can / do help you when your situation warrants.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA lifetime platinum, Jet Blue Mosaic
Originally Posted by eknock007
Were the AA statements that you submitted for the personal and business CC from different FF accounts or where they from one account?
From the same account. Cumulative miles earned well in excess of 200k, although that may not make any difference, so long as the account balance exceeds 100k. Previous poster indicated he was able to double dip.

I am thinking of upgrading another CapOne card to Venture and triple dip. The rewards program is good enough that I will probably keep and use the cards.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by chemist661
It is erratic. Some of us have been told that after our biz card app was rejected in just a few seconds. But others have slipped through.

800.625.7866 is somewhat of a reconsideration number for biz but you should have the denial letter in hand when you phone.

After that there's the Twitter address that Happy mentions above.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
From the same account. Cumulative miles earned well in excess of 200k, although that may not make any difference, so long as the account balance exceeds 100k. Previous poster indicated he was able to double dip.

I am thinking of upgrading another CapOne card to Venture and triple dip. The rewards program is good enough that I will probably keep and use the cards.
I've wondered if the erratic nature of their approvals would allow for a triple dip with a second personal or second business account following a successful personal and business applications. I could justify the bureau pulls for a shot at the business back when it was still in question but don't think I can for this.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else

I too was approved for a personal and a business and my United account has the most cummulative miles (over 100K). I have others that are between 50k and 100K. But as soon as I get my passcode I will resubmit my United and "double dip."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.