Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Security at YYZ (2022)

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2023, 7:28 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by Cerberus
Honestly, this happens every few months/years at YYZ and other Canadian airports. They "pilot" against Nexus to keep everything in the bags including liquids, electronics, etc. Then suddenly they will halt the pilot and go back to the usual MO. Rinse and repeat. While I love the current Nexus approach at YYZ, just chuck your bag in the bin and that's it, I'm not going to hold my breath this is the new 'standard' for more than a few weeks or month.
They also told me that they have to put everything in the bin otherwise it doesn't scan. Now this is all BS as I have dealt with both Rapiscan and Smith and they do scan all items even if not in a bin. I took a guitar and they had issues with it because it would not fit in the bin.
Old May 31, 2023, 12:18 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Davvidd
They also told me that they have to put everything in the bin otherwise it doesn't scan. Now this is all BS as I have dealt with both Rapiscan and Smith and they do scan all items even if not in a bin. I took a guitar and they had issues with it because it would not fit in the bin.
They put everything in the bin because there is a code on the bin. If your bag gets sent to secondary, they scan that code and it pulls up the x-ray images.
tcook052 and Symmetre like this.
Old May 31, 2023, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
They put everything in the bin because there is a code on the bin. If your bag gets sent to secondary, they scan that code and it pulls up the x-ray images.
Now it is understandable.
Old May 31, 2023, 7:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
and if they had signage or just explained it that way instead of screaming like broiling pigeons to put your bags in the bins, it would be even more understandable.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 3:16 am

YYZ T1 domestic at 4:30 this morning. ‘Regular’ lane was busy-ish. NEXUS was completely open. Security were bleating “Everything stays in your bag!” We were through in under 5 minutes.

Oh, and shoes stayed on.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Bokehman
YYZ T1 domestic at 4:30 this morning. ‘Regular’ lane was busy-ish. NEXUS was completely open. Security were bleating “Everything stays in your bag!” We were through in under 5 minutes.

Oh, and shoes stayed on.
If only they would be that straightforward every time. Tomorrow it will be everything in the trays.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 4:20 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Davvidd
If only they would be that straightforward every time. Tomorrow it will be everything in the trays.
Yeah. Most people don't fly that often and rules changed so frequently. But hopefully with the new scanners will be a lot better moving forward, and consistently!
Old Jun 2, 2023, 2:42 am

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List
Is there a nexus/GE line in T3 Intl section. Website makes it seem so but I am not comprehending. If there is, can I access with just a GE card? Flying msp-yyz dl then yyz-cdg af
Old Jun 17, 2023, 5:34 am

On the 13th night at T1, there was a queue in the normal channel and no one in the priority and I went thru the priority and the security staff would not even look at what is going on and I had to wait a long time until another passenger in the queue took pity on me and let me thru to the security. No point in having a priority lane then?
Old Jun 30, 2023, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Nexus at E gates YYZ

Hi
Does anyone know if there is nexus security line at the E gates? I usually go through the priority gates but suspect there might be a nexus line...if so where?

Thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2023, 2:12 pm
Suspended

To answer my own question. I took the verified line at domestic (2 mins) and then walked to international. Very easy. I dont think there is dedicated line at E.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 3:50 pm

Programs: AC 35K *S, Accor Gold
Priority Security at ABC

Is obtaining a green sticker still the best method for gaining access to the priority line? Priority-marked boarding passes have been repeatedly rejected at the collapsed ABC security point (or occasionally effective after multiple rounds of CATSA agent roulette as the general line moves forward). Thanks.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 1:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Bokehman

Oh, and shoes stayed on.
And as of mid-October, they have seemingly reverted partially to the old ways and demand that all NEXUS passengers remove the liquids from their carry-on. I sent a formal complaint to CATSA and they said they would investigate, so let's see how what comes of that. It's literally the first bullet point on the Verified Travellers/CATSA site that liquids stay in the carry-on.
Bohemian1 and Davvidd like this.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 5:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
YYZ T3 this past Monday - the "pre-check" line moved at a snail's pace, although liquids in/shoes on, but laptops out (USA departure), but what was particularly irksome were non-priority customers wandering over to the priority area on their own from the other side of the room, and cutting into the priority line, while the security staff ignored them instead of removing the non-qualified passengers.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
YYZ T3 this past Monday - the "pre-check" line moved at a snail's pace, although liquids in/shoes on, but laptops out (USA departure), but what was particularly irksome were non-priority customers wandering over to the priority area on their own from the other side of the room, and cutting into the priority line, while the security staff ignored them instead of removing the non-qualified passengers.
They usually do that at YYZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.