Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2021, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
Via Cormac Mac Sweeney: Cormac Mac Sweeney

"If it's a family travelling together & the parents are fully vaccinated but the children are not, then the children have to quarantine at home for 14 days and go through testing requirements but the parents will be allowed to leave the home after a negative arrival test."
So my 6-months old baby has to quarantine at home while mum and dad can go out?

doesn't that seem a bit ... silly to anyone? IS the baby expected to keep 6 feet distance and wear a mask when the parents are around?
Yul_voyager and jackmaninov like this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by lily23
Is pre-registering for the arrival test a new process? Its in the infographic but I had thought previously you just turned up at the airport upon arrival, got in line and took the test then.
It saves a lot of time if you register for your switch health account ahead of time. Note each traveller must have their own switch health account vs arrivecan which is one per family.
Bogwoppit and lily23 like this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
It saves a lot of time if you register for your switch health account ahead of time. Note each traveller must have their own switch health account vs arrivecan which is one per family.

Is there an app for Switch Health, none comes up in the app store when I search.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Bogwoppit
Is there an app for Switch Health, none comes up in the app store when I search.
No app. Just portal.switchhealth.ca. Register ahead of time. I have it already logged in upon arrival. Saves a lot of time. For my family of 5 each of us needs their own separate account.
Bogwoppit likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
No app. Just portal.switchhealth.ca. Register ahead of time. I have it already logged in upon arrival. Saves a lot of time. For my family of 5 each of us needs their own separate account.
​​​​​​​
Family members can all be on one account. After you register, just go back in and add dependents. Dependents can be spouse etc, not necessarily an actual ‘dependent’. Mr. Fink is on my account as a dependent and we have had no problems. It also makes doing the (previous) day 8 test a lot easier. Just look for the “Add Dependent” tab.

From Switch help:
Can I access the results of a family member?
Yes. Our patient portal, ASMO (https://portal.switchhealth.ca) allows you to set up a family member as a dependent. Under your patient profile, go to “Dependents” and add your family member.

Bogwoppit and kalderlake like this.

Last edited by Finkface; Jun 21, 2021 at 2:11 pm
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
Family members can all be on one account. After you register, just go back in and add dependents. Dependents can be spouse etc, not necessarily an actual ‘dependent’. Mr. Fink is on my account as a dependent and we have had no problems. It also makes doing the (previous) day 8 test a lot easier. Just look for the “Add Dependent” tab.

From Switch help:
Can I access the results of a family member?
Yes. Our patient portal, ASMO (https://portal.switchhealth.ca) allows you to set up a family member as a dependent. Under your patient profile, go to “Dependents” and add your family member.

​​​​​​​This page never shows up for me, all I see is choose entry by land or air. Tried Safari and Chrome. Yet nothing.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:31 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
This page never shows up for me, all I see is choose entry by land or air. Tried Safari and Chrome. Yet nothing.
Go back in after you have registered. It can’t be done as part of the initial registration. Register yourself then log out. Log back in and you will see it. Say “No” to having arrived in the past 14 days, then you can log in.

Bogwoppit likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:50 pm

Go back in after you have registered. It can’t be done as part of the initial registration. Register yourself then log out. Log back in and you will see it. Say “No” to having arrived in the past 14 days, then you can log in.

Honestly must be a glitch, I cannot find anywhere to log out. All I get is the red "arrive by plane or arrive by land" option.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:52 pm

Honestly must be a glitch, I cannot find anywhere to log out. All I get is the red "arrive by plane or arrive by land" option.
Have you already registered with an email and password? It sounds like you haven’t. Just say plane. It doesn’t matter. I registered weeks before I arrived. Finish registering and then follow the steps above. If you have already registered, again say plane and it will take you to the log in screen. I just tried on both Safari and Chrome.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 3:09 pm

Have you already registered with an email and password? It sounds like you haven’t. Just say plane. It doesn’t matter. I registered weeks before I arrived. Finish registering and then follow the steps above. If you have already registered, again say plane and it will take you to the log in screen. I just tried on both Safari and Chrome.
Yes registered with an email and password, got 6 digit code by text. When I log in it asks if I have entered Canada in the last 14 days, I say no, then it takes me to the red "arrive by air or land" page.

If I choose plane, as you suggest, it asks for all my arrival info, as though I have already arrived back in Canada.

Currently have tried safari and chrome on both iPhone and Macbook. Now trying Chrome incognito on a PC. I feel like a luddite, when I am normally the person people call for tech support. Ugh

I will reach out to their support, I have taken up far too much of your time. Thank you.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 3:30 pm

Yes registered with an email and password, got 6 digit code by text. When I log in it asks if I have entered Canada in the last 14 days, I say no, then it takes me to the red "arrive by air or land" page.

If I choose plane, as you suggest, it asks for all my arrival info, as though I have already arrived back in Canada.

Currently have tried safari and chrome on both iPhone and Macbook. Now trying Chrome incognito on a PC. I feel like a luddite, when I am normally the person people call for tech support. Ugh

I will reach out to their support, I have taken up far too much of your time. Thank you.
Hmm, interesting. Not sure what to tell you as I just tried again and it logged me in just fine (after receiving the 6digit code by text of course). You should be able to log into your account anytime, not just when actively traveling. I have no trips entered in the past month nor do I have any entered yet for the future but I can still log in. Sorry I can’t help more.
Bogwoppit likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 5:04 am

I am still struggling to find out if a vaccinated traveller after 7/5 must still quarantine for the first +/-24 hours until they receive their negative test result or if they are free as soon as they enter Canada but must quarantine only if the test result comes back positive.
Bogwoppit likes this.

Last edited by sydneyracquelle; Jun 22, 2021 at 7:03 am
Old Jun 22, 2021, 6:12 am

Programs: AC SE
I am still struggling to find out if a vaccinated traveller after 7/5 must still quarantine for the first +/24 hours until they receive their negative test result or if they are free as soon as they enter Canada but must quarantine only if the test result comes back positive.
There is nothing in the official documentation to suggest anyone must quarantine after entering.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 6:17 am

I am still struggling to find out if a vaccinated traveller after 7/5 must still quarantine for the first +/24 hours until they receive their negative test result or if they are free as soon as they enter Canada but must quarantine only if the test result comes back positive.
Per the new OiC paragraph 3.1(1)(a)(i)(A) you do. They define a suitable quarantine plan as including "the name and civic address of the government-authorized accommodation where they plan to quarantine themselves during the period that begins on the day on which they enter Canada and to remain in quarantine until the day on which they receive the result for the COVID-19 molecular test undergone under paragraph 2.3‍(1)‍(a)". Paragraph 2.3‍(1)‍(a) defines a test "when entering Canada".

Here's the full text of the OiC:https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/...=40875&lang=en
Old Jun 22, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Well you need to present a quarantine plan so you do not need to quarantine after the arrival test but you can't tell them you're heading straight to a bar to see your extended family either. Basically, you need to lay low until you get your negative test and have a back up quarantine plan in case your test is positive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.