Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
If you see any new ex-UK sales please update here.
Print Wikipost

Current Fare Sales [ex UK]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: United: 1K, BA: Silver, IHG: Plat, Hyatt: Plat, Marriott: Gold, SPG: Gold, Avis: Chairman
Looks like club prices to usa are updated. Looked lhr-lax last night in sept £3500 now about £2500. Not bad I think? Will be good to hit the spend limit on my new ba credit card too!
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:58 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Suspect the sale loading was ongoing when ATC decided to press CRTL ALT DEL. Impact of this was probably a reduction in sale fare loading rate to prevent BA.com going under to do weight of traffic.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:03 am

A couple of days ago my agent booked LHR-JNB in First & CPT-LHR in Club for a leisure trip for my wife and I next September.

I went on to BA.com this morning to select the seats, but have ended up booking 'Sale' tickets at £1,700 less p/p. We're pretty happy with this.

It does appear that First & Club are now loaded in the 'Sale' at least for the above routes.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
My idea of a sale is that the price should be cheaper during the sale period than it was before the sale. It's disappointing then to discover that the WT price for four to PHX in April in the new sale is nearly £500 MORE than the pre-sale price a couple of days ago - same dates. What gives? Perhaps Trading Standards should be taking an interest...
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I can't get excited about £2500 to LAX when a couple of weeks ago, things like JER...HNL were £750 or so.

I could also take 6 trips to NY in Y, with change, for that price
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:37 am

I suspect that clarkeysntfc is on-the-button here.

This has all the hallmarks of a sudden bring-forward of a sale planned for later, which has fired itself headlong into the Swanwick ATC issue which closed the majority of UK airspace.

I've posted the WTP fares which have been loaded to the blog - ie all destinations except North & South America and the Caribbean.

I'm holding off on Club & First for now, just so that the archive isn't populated (or has to be over-written) with fares which may be revised again.

If this really is The BA December Sale then, on the face of it, it's not a strong one - but personally I reckon that the odd timing, the premature homepage ads and the total non-appearance of Transatlantic WTP fares would suggest (at least to me) that there's more to come.

That said, the usual FT guidance of 'if there's a fare that you're prepared to pay, pay it' is probably the best advice. There's a value in the certainty of a confirmed booking.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 3:18 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Nqyflyer
My idea of a sale is that the price should be cheaper during the sale period than it was before the sale. It's disappointing then to discover that the WT price for four to PHX in April in the new sale is nearly £500 MORE than the pre-sale price a couple of days ago - same dates. What gives? Perhaps Trading Standards should be taking an interest...
More than likely due to availability than the lowest sale fare being higher.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 7:04 am

It's not clear to me that this has anything to do with availability per se. WT prices to/from PHX are uniformly greater across the two weeks in April in which I was interested now (in the sale period) than they were two days ago, pre sale. It's conceivable that they've suddenly sold loads of WT seats across those 14 days but I'd think it unlikely. Perhaps they've increased prices on some routes to offset discounts on others? Whatever the reason, BA won't be getting my leisure spend on this occasion.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 8:34 am
McG

Programs: BAEC
Current Fare Sales [ex UK]

VS launched their sale yesterday. Could be that BA had anticipated launching their own sale next week, but had to react to VS launching their sale.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nqyflyer
It's not clear to me that this has anything to do with availability per se. WT prices to/from PHX are uniformly greater across the two weeks in April in which I was interested now (in the sale period) than they were two days ago, pre sale. It's conceivable that they've suddenly sold loads of WT seats across those 14 days but I'd think it unlikely. Perhaps they've increased prices on some routes to offset discounts on others? Whatever the reason, BA won't be getting my leisure spend on this occasion.
A quick investigation suggests that the cheapest fares, BA OKWUKJB and BA QKWUKJB, appear to have been pulled in the last couple of weeks. [To reproduce: LONPHX out 03/04/15 back 10/04/15, ticketing date today in London compared with ticketing on 1st Dec also in LON.] This leaves the cheapest fare for parts of April as BA NKWUKJB. However, other dates still have the O and Q fares loaded.

That has pushed up the minimum price a bit for some days in April.

I am not sure what revenue management are doing but they seem to have been caught with their pants down. I would give them a few days in case this is more incompetence than malice.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by McG
VS launched their sale yesterday. Could be that BA had anticipated launching their own sale next week, but had to react to VS launching their sale.
The BA sale was not meant to launch until next week. That is why there is no advertising yet.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: BAEC
Apologies if this is a dumb question but is there a similar thread to this for ex-EU sales?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold
Is it correct that the current sale doesn't include CW to MCO?

I know it's impossible to say, but I'm inclined to wait before booking for April.

What do you folks think?

Cheers.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by w3andw4d
Is it correct that the current sale doesn't include CW to MCO?

I know it's impossible to say, but I'm inclined to wait before booking for April.

What do you folks think?

Cheers.
Hi,

On BA.com, I am getting LGW-MCO for £1704 for mid jan and feb departures.

This seems to be higher than in previous CW sales IIRC.

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:34 pm

Also hoping the isn't THE December sale. Mind you can't complain with the recent discounted club fares to LAX in recent sale. Might be worth holding a good flight if you see it - in case no more club seats trickle in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.