Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weather delays this week

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
The Hate Mail website had a slight malfunction this morning. There was a headline (now changed) that stated "Britain braces itself for 10 inches"

Insert (in)appropriate comment here .........
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by henkybaby
BA9 and BA15 are both cancelled for today.

Now just look for that 3 penny hotel room.
Is that for sure .... I'll book her the Sheraton Heathrow if I can be certain .. sorry it is 2.30 am here in SYD and hard to be sure with BA here!
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:30 am

Programs: Sometimes BA, sometimes AA
BOS-LHR

Hi all

Forgive me for not reading the whole thread but I'm in one of the world's most expensive internet cafes...

I was booked on BA212 from BOS-LHR at 16:05 this afternoon and found out myself that it has been cancelled - no email, no phone call, no text. Even in Manage My Booking there was no sign of a problem.

Anyway I'm now rebooked on BA214 at 20:20 EST this evening. If anyone has any clues whether there's any chance this flight will operate or not, please let me know as I need to make alternative plans otherwise. BA was not really able to say much.

Many thanks
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Is that for sure .... I'll book her the Sheraton Heathrow if I can be certain .. sorry it is 2.30 am here in SYD and hard to be sure with BA here!
You can check on BA.com and http://www.heathrowairport.com/. They both give both flights as cancelled. So I would say that it is sure, yes.

Update:
BA0009 BKK SYD 02 FEB 17:05 03 FEB 16:39 Estimated

So it looks like its flying tomorrow... at 16:39. Oddly enough they also give
BA0009 LHR T4 BKK 02 FEB 21:30 Cancelled

So confused? I would be. She needs a hotel though.

Last edited by henkybaby; Feb 2, 2009 at 8:38 am Reason: additional information added
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Information updated 1 minute ago.
BA0214 BOS LHR 02 FEB 20:20 02 FEB 20:20 Estimated

Looks like one of the few flights that remains in the schedule. My guess is that this is because the operating ac is already at LHR.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:37 am

Thanks henkybaby. I can't OLCI for it, but I guess I should just check later whether the outbound BA0239 departs (scheduled 19:15 GMT) so I'll know if there's a plane for me or not.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Er... You expect the plane to be here from BOS in 3 hrs? You are on a different plane than the one departing BOS today, trust me. Your plane is probably already at LHR and that is why the flight is not cancelled. Relax, take a drink and don't rely on OLCI since BA's computer system probably has frostbite.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:58 am

Programs: BA - GGL GFL
At T5, BA have said they'll decide by 5pm which LH flights will actually operate tonight. Finger crossed

I'm now at the point where I'm so tired and just wanna get on my flight or go home
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by potfish
Thanks henkybaby. I can't OLCI for it, but I guess I should just check later whether the outbound BA0239 departs (scheduled 19:15 GMT) so I'll know if there's a plane for me or not.
The BA214 is operated by the aircraft arriving in at 1835 as the BA215 .. not the BA239 (which only arrives after the BA214 is due to leave).. The aircraft operating the BA239 overnights in BOS then and operates the daylight flight back to LHR the next day.

The BA215 today is cancelled
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by henkybaby
You can check on BA.com and http://www.heathrowairport.com/. They both give both flights as cancelled. So I would say that it is sure, yes.

Update:
BA0009 BKK SYD 02 FEB 17:05 03 FEB 16:39 Estimated

So it looks like its flying tomorrow... at 16:39. Oddly enough they also give
BA0009 LHR T4 BKK 02 FEB 21:30 Cancelled

So confused? I would be. She needs a hotel though.
Thanks VERY much .. great info henkybaby.

I just phoned my Flyertalk Angel who volunteered to walk over the the gate for BA9 to give her some money for food etc, seeing BA gave her 3 quid for 24 hours and she is broke - told me BA staff told her that BA9 IS going out tonight at 9.30pm to SYD so I too am confused!

Glen
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:24 am

Programs: BA - GGL GFL
For the first time today, I've just seen snow plough machines on the runway by the Sofitel
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just had a call from my Flyertalk Angel from the boarding gate for BA9 who assumes me they are currently boarding for SYD, and the staff tells her it will be taking off according to their current info, so need to cancel that Sheraton room fast ..... and so much for the data on the BA website above!

3.30am here .... time for some sleep.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Jenbel
And meanwhile, I have to drive from Edinburgh to Chester, and it's virtually impossible to get any traffic information because (of course) all the stations are just talking about the SE and broadcasting 'don't go out unless you have to' warnings as if they applied across the entire UK

From that I'll have to assume that the roads up here are ok (we've hardly any snow, but then I'm on the coast in Edinburgh, so it's never a good place to judge) and risk the A71
My favourite quote on the BBC was from someone in Orkney who said they were having a lovely day up there! And Jenbel YGPM
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
The BA214 is operated by the aircraft arriving in at 1835 as the BA215 .. not the BA239 (which only arrives after the BA214 is due to leave).. The aircraft operating the BA239 overnights in BOS then and operates the daylight flight back to LHR the next day.

The BA215 today is cancelled
Hmm. So if no plane is going to arrive in BOS from LHR today before 20:20, and tonight's BA214 is not cancelled, I suppose there must already be a plane here and they've just chosen which one of today's three flights they're going to operate.

henkybaby: you're right I miscalculated time zones (was in 3 different ones yesterday and none of them GMT...) but I'm in Boston trying to get to the UK not the other way round.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by browserden
All London buses have been suspended.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravel...s/default.html
I was told that the bendy busses really don't like this weather at all and they were the first to be taken out of service, shame its not permenantly out of service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.