Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question to BA lurkers about Redemptions and Domestics

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question to BA lurkers about Redemptions and Domestics

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2008, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by Macspreader
FWIW, I had my Priority Pass card ready if there was any trouble.
That wouldn't have got you in the BA lounge - you'd have had to go to the Service Air lounge wouldn't you?

Last edited by edi-traveller; Jul 15, 2008 at 5:22 am
Old Jul 15, 2008, 5:18 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Gold - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by edi-traveller
That wouldn't have got you in the A lounge - you'd have had to go to the Service Air lounge wouldn't you?

Just what I was thinking.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by edi-traveller
When they scan the barcode it shows them the booking class.

Once again I aske the question (and I will ask this until I get an answer from someone at BA) - to solve all these problems, to prevent it being a training issue - all they need to do is to make sure that Business and FIRST redemptions on UK Dom ticket in U or Z and that Business UK appears on the BP - then not even the most untrained jobsworth can argue with accesss (and Biz UK would also give access to fast track as well).
When I fly back from LAX in club, exec club customer service said that bags will be checked all the way through to MAN even though two separate bookings (miles to LHR then paid for to MAN few hrs later as didnt know we needed to end up in MAN when booked miles trip).

I see that theoretially we should be allowed into galleries at LHR while wiating for MAN flight (because of this connecting flight business) but just wondering if booking us staright thru from LAX to MAN will improve the chances? i.e it will look like business class all the way when they scan...
Old Jul 17, 2008, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Emirates Skywards
Fastrack at MAN T3

Originally Posted by BD1959
Last week at MAN, "F" redemption MAN-LHR-BKK which ticketed into C for MAN-LHR. After an interminable wait to check-in, was informed that if I had status (check-in system was down so CSE was unable to see from screen) so that I'd be able to access Lounge.

I replied that I had Qantas Club membership - not even thinking that the C sector should have granted automatic access - so if the rules are there, then they are not clearly circulated.

A slightly OT question: should the "C" on my BP have entitled me to use the Fastrack lane through security at MAN? The jobsworth refused to recognise it as Business Class and insisted I went through with the plebs - which didn't happen cos the plebs queue was so long, we then had to go around to Zone D.

BD

At MAN T3 you need a green sticker from the BA people to get you into into the fastrack lane for security. There's usually someone greeting passengers prior to check-in so ask them.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 4:06 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Just flew in back from MIA in F with my son with an onward flight to GLA on a Miles/2-4-1 ticket. Mrs was a CW passenger.

All of us gained access to Club America First at MIA and then into the CCR at T5 with my good lady as my 'guest'.

No problems/questions asked and believe this is the entitlement although seems to luck of the draw as to who is on the desk?? which isn't right.

How can you have a through ticket with First included on long-haul and not be allowed access into the lounges for the domestic segments whether it is paid, MFU, 2-4-1 Miles or whatever !!??
Old Jul 20, 2008, 11:48 am

Programs: BA back down to Blue, PC Plat
Well, we're heading back from BOS-LHR-EDI-INV tomorrow, four of us on redemption tickets in Club World, and only me with status. No problem on the way out with lounge access at EDI. Let's see what happens on the way back at LHR

Technically, I guess we don't get lounge access at EDI on the way back according to the letter of the rules, but who knows these days?
Old Jul 20, 2008, 5:09 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Surprising how many lowly blue card holders book 2-4-1 TATL flights at 100-150k miles a pop. I thought I was in a tiny minority of people who can rack up 100k+ miles a year, giving me a decent 2-4-1 destination to visit with the wife, but still not manage to get anything more than a blue card out of BA.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by dmahon
Surprising how many lowly blue card holders book 2-4-1 TATL flights at 100-150k miles a pop. I thought I was in a tiny minority of people who can rack up 100k+ miles a year, giving me a decent 2-4-1 destination to visit with the wife, but still not manage to get anything more than a blue card out of BA.
One word. "Tesco"
Old Jul 20, 2008, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
One word. "Tesco"
Now now,G-BOAC don't be like that.

I think you could add quite a few more actually.

Avis, Alamo, Hilton, Marriott, Sofitel, Travelex, BA Miles eStore, The Wine Club etc;etc; Oh and to top it all off, possibly one of the most generous ways of earning other than flying, AMEX itself.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 2:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
One word. "Tesco"
Actually, I'd say FT.

Now, you don't begrudge people coming on here and learning how to maximise their rewards do you?
Old Jul 21, 2008, 5:55 am

Programs: F
The correct answer is "Marriott".

450K spent, 210K in the bank still ....
Old Jul 21, 2008, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by NSFU
Well, we're heading back from BOS-LHR-EDI-INV tomorrow, four of us on redemption tickets in Club World, and only me with status. No problem on the way out with lounge access at EDI. Let's see what happens on the way back at LHR

Technically, I guess we don't get lounge access at EDI on the way back according to the letter of the rules, but who knows these days?
And no problem at all just now at LHR Galleries South, not an eyebrow raised. Nice one BA ^

If we have time for the lounge at EDI, let's see what happens there!
Old Jul 22, 2008, 2:33 am

And no problem at all just now at LHR Galleries South, not an eyebrow raised. Nice one BA ^

If we have time for the lounge at EDI, let's see what happens there!
No problem here in EDI either. How pleasant :-:
Old Jul 22, 2008, 4:06 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
No problem here in EDI either. How pleasant :-:
Good to know. Hopefully Nicci's repeated comms have done the trick ^
Old Jul 22, 2008, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Well it gets more confusing...

After complaining to BA by email my friend got a call saying that he was not entitled to lounge access. He referred the lady to the Oneworld section that stipulates access is permitted. She then went away and called him again and she followed up with an email. Here is what she said...

From: BA Customer Relations [mailto:*******@contact.britishairways.com]
Sent: 22 July 2008 11:27
To: ******
Subject: Your Response from BA Customer Relations

Dear Mr Passenger

Thank you for your time on the phone today to discuss the problems you had in Terminal 5 when you tried to access the Club Lounge.

The manager at the Terminal 5 North lounge has advised me that passengers who have travelled on a Club World ticket connecting to a Domestic flight are allowed to use the lounge on a discretionary basis, provided that that lounge is not busy. However passengers connecting to a European flight travelling on a Euro Traveller ticket would not be allowed to use the lounge facility.

Although our website advises passengers travelling on a domestic flight are entitled to use the lounge if connecting to a flight on a Club class ticket, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to use the lounge if you are connecting to a domestic flight after travelling on a Club class ticket. I am sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

If you wish to discuss this further with me, please reply to this email by clicking on the blue link below.

Thank you again for your time on the phone. We value your support as a Blue member of the Executive Club and I do hope that despite your disappointing experience you will choose to travel with us again in the not too distant future.

Best regards

So you can use the lounge but not of we don't want you to. My friend is really put out by this. On the phone the lady actually said access depends on the mood of the staff member!!

Not related by class but I just asked in the Concorde Lounge as to what lounge I can use when I fly back in from SFO in F. I was told I was welcome to return to the Concorde Lounge.

BA EXECUTIVE CLUB are you able to take this further? I can provide my friends contact details for you to investigate. They are BA Blue but really it shouldn't matter.

Aero

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.