Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question to BA lurkers about Redemptions and Domestics

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question to BA lurkers about Redemptions and Domestics

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2008, 2:53 am

Class of ticket

This is very interesting as we have been refused access to lounges until we produce the connecting passenger rules, which we always carry!! How do I find out if my ticket is U class or X class, on the eticket it just says UK Domestic?
Old May 24, 2008, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Lamancha
Ahh, so specifically we ought to be producing The Connecting Passenger Rules.

Pity there is nothing directly addressing the booking class issue.
Is there a link to somewhere on BA.COM stating the rules in your link Lamancha?
Old May 24, 2008, 8:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cruisemad
How do I find out if my ticket is U class or X class, on the eticket it just says UK Domestic?
BA.Com - manage my booking - my booking - click on the relevant flight - click on flight number - shows selling class at the bottom.
Old May 24, 2008, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Junior Jet Club
Originally Posted by firstclasslad
Is there a link to somewhere on BA.COM stating the rules in your link Lamancha?
Not that I can find - I picked up the link to the Connecting Passenger Rules from the FlyerTalk Ultimate Guide sticky that Hiddy linked to.

Last edited by Lamancha; May 24, 2008 at 12:03 pm Reason: Clarification
Old May 24, 2008, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
BA.Com - manage my booking - my booking - click on the relevant flight - click on flight number - shows selling class at the bottom.
Thanks for that Hiddy!! We have 3 connecting flights booked and all 3 domestic connections are X so looks like my copy of the rules is going to get some use again!!
Old Jun 3, 2008, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, VA Gold, VS Gold, QF Silver
Lounge Access Domestic Connections to F/J International Flights (redemption booking)

I recently booked a redemption ticket for my brother to travel GLA-LHR-MEX-LHR-GLA in F outbound and J inbound.

He was denied access into the BA Lounge prior to each domestic connection, at both GLA outbound and LHR T5 inbound. He has Blue BA status.

From reading various threads and Shuttle-Bored's excellent Lounge Access sticky plus OneWorld rules it appears that he should have had access for the domestic flights based on his connections to and from First/Business Class.

Or has something changed? BA Customer Relations have just called me to say he was not entitled to access, perhaps because this was a redemption ticket. They have gone away to clarify further.

Is this something new? I'm sure I've been in the lounge at MAN before when connecting into J/F at LHR on redemption tickets (and that was back when I was also a Blue).

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, I did have a good rummage first.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Assuming these were same-day connections, they were wrong. Nothing has changed. He should (to be pragmatic, he shouldn't have to) have armed himself with print outs of the relevant rules (edi-traveller does this IIRC). And have (politely) stood his ground until they had checked the rules or requested a supervisor to check the rules.

It being a redemption booking makes no difference.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Assuming these were same-day connections, they were wrong.
What is the situation if the flights are not same day connections, but are part of the same booking? I have a MAN-LHR-SFO in F coming up soon, with the domestic portion of the journey several weeks before the transatlantic leg. Will I be able to use the lounge at MAN?
Old Jun 3, 2008, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then you are not connecting and no you won't.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 10:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, VA Gold, VS Gold, QF Silver
Thanks G-BOAC - these were indeed same-day connections.

Customer Relations have just called back and said they've double checked and confirm the lounge staff were correct to refuse access.
They said only a full fare domestic ticket or status would have got him in.

Obviously this flies in the face of the published OneWorld rules
http://www.oneworld.com/ow/ffp/loung...lass-of-travel

I shall be printing out a copy and arming him with them next time he's in the dragons den!

Would be nice if Customer Relations knew the rules though, maybe I'll try another agent as I know it often depends on who you speak to...
Old Jun 3, 2008, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or perhaps drop Nicci a PM on BA Executive Club and see if she can help (a) by perhaps giving your brother a gesture of goodwill to his account to compensate for this denied access (twice); and (b) find any way to ensure some kind of bulletin goes out to lounge staff/desks/locations so they know the rules?!
Old Jun 3, 2008, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Then you are not connecting and no you won't.
Shame, but can't complain I suppose as I'm using the long stop-over between flight to extend an Amex 241.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 11:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The situation of not allowing lounge access is becoming ridiculous in these situations and seems to be happening more often,can't imagine how many it must happen to that we never get to hear about.

I shall be transferring from a CW EZE-LHR-MAN flight and part of me is hoping they won't allow me access so I can produce a copy of the rules.I'll be ready for em.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
This is total bollox and becoming beyond a joke. BA need to train the people who man the lounges.

The rules are here:

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/5...sengersac3.jpg

In addition, and I posted this recently for BA lurkers to pick up on it ( http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ght=lurkers+ba ), if you book a business redemption it shouldn't matter what the rules say the UK Domestic should ticket in U Class and this should be Business UK in the same way as J C Y and D are. End of story.

It really is not acceptable.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Bumped because someone else raised the same issue - really time this got sorted out.

Come on BA Lurkers where are you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.