Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question to BA lurkers about Redemptions and Domestics

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question to BA lurkers about Redemptions and Domestics

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2008, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Spot on response from the YouFirst team! I am doing an award GLA-LHR-MIA flight (LHR-MIA in F) in October , so this response is good to know.
In the event that the Aviance staff at GLA still refuse entry, what times do the YouFirst team operate if you were to call them? (as I will be on a 06:05 flight to LHR)... in reality, if they do refuse entry I doubt I would have the energy to put up that much of a battle so early in the morning!
Old Sep 3, 2008, 8:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Opening hours are 7:30am-8pm daily, so a bit too late for you...
Old Sep 20, 2008, 4:29 pm
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Things worked out fine for us on our recent GLA-LHR-JFK return (MFU from W to J, our domestic sectors booked into X) although with some surprising inconsistency!

We were welcomed in to GLA Terraces with a smile despite providing only the GLA-LHR boarding passes. On our return trip the Dragon at T5 South initially said "Computer says no" until I produced our TATL J boarding passes. I would have expected more trouble at GLA...

In any case, it was a relief to be spared from resorting to brandishing the printout of the One World rules!
Old Sep 21, 2008, 2:31 pm

That's reassuring to know! Sounds like the Glasgow Lounge are now aware of (and following) the rules! (I will still take a copy of them with me when I fly in a couple of weeks time! ;-)
Old Sep 21, 2008, 3:47 pm

What a shame to see this issue raise its ugly head. I have been doing MFU's for years with domestic add-ons, and absolutely never had a problem at the old domestic Terraces in T1. Just flash the inbound CW boarding pass and in you got, even when the domestic was on a separate ticket. ^
Seems to be that since there are no longer dedicated lounge teams (for the most part) at LHR, and the domestic outstations are outsourced (for the most part) the issue has become much more apparent.
Perhaps a clearer communication for staff at the front desks could be written- giving more than one example for them to reference.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 6:09 am

Programs: BA exec, KLM , Toon travel
I have my first ever Club World (MFU) flight in March - NCL-LHF-JFK and i emailed BA asking if i would able to gain access to the lounges at Newcastle, T5 and JFK .

The response i got was as follows. I had asked / hoped for a specific yes or no as this will be probably my only ever Club World flight due to the costs and want nothing to spoil the flight / experience

Think i should be OK but i will guess i will find out March 12th next year

Dear Mr

Thank you for contacting us about our lounge access policy.

Our airport lounges are available to all our Gold and Silver Executive Club members, as well as to people travelling in FIRST, Club World, Club Europe and on fully flexible tickets on selected internal UK routes.

For any further information you can visit our website ba.com.

I hope you will find this helpful and that you will enjoy your trip.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by magpie37
I have my first ever Club World (MFU) flight in March - NCL-LHF-JFK and i emailed BA asking if i would able to gain access to the lounges at Newcastle, T5 and JFK .

The response i got was as follows. I had asked / hoped for a specific yes or no as this will be probably my only ever Club World flight due to the costs and want nothing to spoil the flight / experience

Think i should be OK but i will guess i will find out March 12th next year

Dear Mr

Thank you for contacting us about our lounge access policy.

Our airport lounges are available to all our Gold and Silver Executive Club members, as well as to people travelling in FIRST, Club World, Club Europe and on fully flexible tickets on selected internal UK routes.

For any further information you can visit our website ba.com.

I hope you will find this helpful and that you will enjoy your trip.
Why bother giving a specific answer when you can have an easy life and cut and paste something that is not a clear answer to the question asked.

You are entitled to have UK lounge access when connecting from or to a CW or F flight.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I was 2/2 on my recent EDI-LHR-YVR-LHR-EDI, with access at both EDI and LHR, despite being on a split itinerary for EDI-LHR and LHR-YVR. Showed both boarding passes on both occasions and wasn't a problem. Slight resistance at LHR and then she saw my J pass and I got passed without a word
Old Nov 10, 2008, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Access to CCR when connecting from F to UK Dom- Yes.

Hi,

On Sunday, I flew in to LHR fron LAX in BA F and with a 2 hour 20 min connection to EDI in UK domestic. The flight was 40mins late landing so I was in Galleries South around 1610.

I had no problems accessing the CCR as I had both my BA F boarding pass and my connecting UK dom BP. ( which was scanned)

I had less thime than I would have liked in the CCR due to the late arrival ( and it is a long wak from the CCR to the usual dom gates A2 ( I left the CCR when the sign said boarding and when I got to the gate they had just started paging me!

I was last on board with still 17mins to go but then the captain came on and said that they had changed runways and there would be a 30min delay.

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 15, 2009, 5:18 pm

Programs: BAEC
Question MAN-LHR-ATL: MFU to CW

Wow - a long thread.

Just wondering if there are any updated experiences with this...

My parents (blue status) are flying from MAN-LHR-ATL in CW (MFU'd). All legs are on one PNR.

The domestic legs are booked in X.

They are flying down from MAN on the late shuttle to LHR, and overnighting at the Sofitel to get the ATL flight out the following morning - there was no same-day availability when we booked.

MMB says that lounge access is available at MAN (which seems correct), but just wondering if this is other flyertalker's experience?

I see a some similar situations in the preceding posts, but with differing outcomes!

Cheers...
Old Nov 16, 2009, 1:03 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

In my experience with bookings such as this, the boarding passes for the domestic flights have "Business UK" printed across the long stub which in itself grants lounge access.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by speedbird2027
Wow - a long thread.

Just wondering if there are any updated experiences with this...

My parents (blue status) are flying from MAN-LHR-ATL in CW (MFU'd). All legs are on one PNR.

The domestic legs are booked in X.

They are flying down from MAN on the late shuttle to LHR, and overnighting at the Sofitel to get the ATL flight out the following morning - there was no same-day availability when we booked.

MMB says that lounge access is available at MAN (which seems correct), but just wondering if this is other flyertalker's experience?

I see a some similar situations in the preceding posts, but with differing outcomes!

Cheers...
Can of worms that one...

Nicci (BA Executive Club) confirmed to me that a domestic sector only counts as a connecting flight if it is on the same day. In your parent's case it is the evening before and given domestics seem to book into X (economy redemption) these days I think they will struggle at MAN.

The salt in the wound is that the original sector will probably have been booked in J as that is what happens with WT+ domestic sectors.

Exact same thing with me recently but I wasn't able to try the lounge in EDI as it was shut for refurbishment so can't say definitively.

Lounge access on LHR-ATL and ATL-LHR will be fine.

Coming home, lounge access at LHR for the LHR-MAN should be fine but it would help if your parents carried the rules. There is another thread on this - the rules are in post #28 in my mail to BA !- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...light-fco.html

Maybe you could contact customer services and see what their current stock response is?
Old Nov 16, 2009, 2:15 am

It shouldn't be too tricky, plus MAN is one of the better outsourced outstations (not including check-in).

I always understood it to be lounge access on a connection within 24 hours. I know my last X booking didn't show Business UK.

I would print out the rules, and also print out the itinerary on BA.com that clearly shows lounge access is listed. Even if the lounge BAbe denies entry on their interpretation of the rules, then surely they should allow you access due to BA telling you can, even if it's a mistake the compensation should be lounge access.

Don't be afraid to ask for a supervisor, or get them to call BA.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 1:06 pm

Programs: BAEC
Thanks all for your input. I shall pass on the message that they should be entitled to access on the basis of their connecting CW flight. I will report back after the trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.