Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA's Best Daylight Flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2007, 2:33 am

Programs: BA Bronze, SK Diamond
Oh, and there is a great short hop from MIL to GVA (OK, not BA) that goes straight over the top of Mt Blanc... On a clear day, you can see the intrepid heading down.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 2:42 am

Programs: BA, QR, OW loyal.
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Funchal in the old days without the runway extension.
It's not too shabby with the extended runway, not quite Kai Tak but there were a few gasps from the not so regular punters as the driver struggled with a decent crosswind off the sea and then as he said after landing "it coming back for a second bite off the hills..".
Old Aug 15, 2007, 4:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS, EK
LIS is always good fun and great view as you come over the bridge, the last 1000' are always quite sporting, and it turns into a bit of a wrestling match to get the a/c on the ground.

NCE is also a favourite, when we do the 'Riviera Approach' to 04 or even more exiting is the 'Saleya Approach' landing on 22 as you come in quite low into the bay before the left turn onto final.

MLG and FAO are nice approaches also. Get some great views going into Torino as you come over the alps if its a clear day.

BF
Old Aug 15, 2007, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Boeing Fred
LIS is always good fun and great view as you come over the bridge, the last 1000' are always quite sporting, and it turns into a bit of a wrestling match to get the a/c on the ground.

NCE is also a favourite, when we do the 'Riviera Approach' to 04 or even more exiting is the 'Saleya Approach' landing on 22 as you come in quite low into the bay before the left turn onto final.

MLG and FAO are nice approaches also. Get some great views going into Torino as you come over the alps if its a clear day.
And I'll bet the cabin crew never make you put the blinds down on your windows either

Anything with mountains is great by me. I love anything that takes me over (or near) the Alps any time of year, and the last stretch of SIN-CHC over the South Island of NZ was really nice.

My other half has also done the flight into Bhutan that someone mentioned earlier, and I am quite jealous of that...
Old Aug 15, 2007, 5:57 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Oh Hiddy and Spottie - you make it so worthwhile visiting! Teece is just jealous.

Well my favourite is any flight that allows me to gaze on the rugged, handsome, powerful physique and face of any of my Muccis (although my heart has been captivated by one of them (No it's Sheep)) as they sip their Champangne and burping manfully ask if we have any seconds of everything. It is a hard call between watching them change into their Jim Jams and watching everything going on in the F loo on the F Galleyvision. You knew that of course!

My favourite views have been when in BCAL days I was on the flight deck for landing at Kai Tak. I love the landings at Nice as the Baie des Anges is so beautiful and I love the majesty of the ice mountains of Greenland. I love the winter flights to LAX, PHX, or SFO where we cross the vast snow covered plains of Montana or Idaho.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
You lot are just hopeless.

Quite clearly the BEST BA flight (daytime or otherwise) is the one with Pucci onboard.

Sheesh...

BAH
Old Aug 15, 2007, 7:44 am

Programs: bmi
When I was a young kid in the early 70's, I used to fly to see mummy & daddy in Jo'burg or Durban or wherever

(btw maybe it was my childhood or flying has changed but it all seemed first class...)

BUT what I remember was circling Mt Kilimanjaro on the way to/from Nairobi.

Otherwise LIS is lovely from the air or the ground. And yes Iceland/Greenland. The Matterhorn.

About 20 years ago I spent a blissful couple of weeks in British Virgin Islands which was reached by a short hopper flight from Antigua or Puerto Rico so that involved low level flights around the various small islands dotted with palm trees white sands and small settlements. Oh yes
Old Aug 15, 2007, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP 0.72MM
For me it has to be Princess Juliana, SXM! I know BA don't fly there but AA do and well it's the same aliance. I've flown in on a Caribean Sun Dash 8-100 and also on a Winair BN-2. Also the approach into SBH St Barts is pretty special. I flew into there on a BN-2 in the "jumpseat" or seat 1B lol and it was fantastic diving over the hill.

Chris
Old Aug 15, 2007, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by chris78cpr
For me it has to be Princess Juliana, SXM! I know BA don't fly there but AA do and well it's the same aliance. I've flown in on a Caribean Sun Dash 8-100 and also on a Winair BN-2. Also the approach into SBH St Barts is pretty special. I flew into there on a BN-2 in the "jumpseat" or seat 1B lol and it was fantastic diving over the hill.

Chris
I'd like to be under a 744 as it comes in over Maho Beach
Old Aug 15, 2007, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by BAHumbug

Quite clearly the BEST BA flight (daytime or otherwise) is the one with Pucci onboard.

Sheesh...

BAH
Crawler
Old Aug 15, 2007, 1:07 pm

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
However, the correct answer is:
Any flight on a cabin crew jumpseat sat next to Pucci.
from Post 11

Sheesh... BAH
Cattle prod?

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Crawler
No sweetie, it is Crawley
Old Aug 15, 2007, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by spotwelder
No sweetie, it is Crawley
Ah, you mean that town of sophistication where you live! PUCCI and I are more than aware of its charms - being ex-BCAL girls!
Old Aug 15, 2007, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA, QR, OW loyal.
Originally Posted by BAHumbug
Pass the bag, pleaze...
Old Aug 15, 2007, 4:16 pm

Let me echo Boeing Fred, re NCE! Those sights just makes me grin from ear to ear in anticipation of getting off the plane.

In good weather, I also enjoy many of the descents (Transatlantic) into NAS. Sharks and Rays often fully visible.

I'll circle over Luxembourg quite happily, on any fine day ~ don't mind the delays at all.

Now I feel like getting on an airplane !
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:27 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by phreegreens
Pass the bag, pleaze...
The Bag presents her compliments and regrets that Muccihood has eluded you yet again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.