Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA's Best Daylight Flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2007, 9:03 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Talk about shamelessly fishing for Muccis!
Old Aug 14, 2007, 9:07 am
Formerly ItalyBAGold

How about flights into LHR with views spanning from Canary Wharf, Central London etc.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
On non-BA flights, the OS Vienna-Geneva service (window seat on the left)on a sunny late afternoon takes some beating. Wall-to-wall Alps.

Agree about the approach to Dominica (Melville Hall, not Canefield). Stunning and thrilling!
Old Aug 14, 2007, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Now you've got me started I have to mention the approach to EZE with views of the River Plate and the best city in South America, especially in the morning mist ahh.......wonderful. More so knowing after such a long flight I shall shortly be able to have a fag. (very non PC).
Old Aug 14, 2007, 9:30 am

Programs: BA, QR, OW loyal.
CPT-LHR in 4A up through the middle of Africa and over the Sahara. That was a bit special.

The approach to BEY if you are on the left side of the aircraft, it tracks along the corniche and in the evening sun is rather pleasant.

The old SIN-LHR day flight used to be pretty good as well.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 9:35 am

I can't believe somoene hasn't mentioned INN on a sunny, snowy day. That A321 really gets chucked around before being put down rather sharpish. Great fun
Old Aug 14, 2007, 9:42 am

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
Did a very special summer evening flight from EDI-SYY where the visibility was so good, the pilot decided to deviate and fly really, really low over Gairloch with views of Skye and Raasay, then swooped round the Shiant Islands barely above sea level before coming in to land. Apart from this, the BRR-BEB route is spectacular and you can get sightseer returns for £30.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 9:45 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Two memorable ones for me are CHC-ZQN in a prop plane flying low - absolutely stunning mountain scenery.

The other recently a HKG-MEL run on QF; the views of the Australian outback were breathtaking.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC, BMIDC
SYD was memorable as we came in from the sea, we were watching whales coming out of the water.

Plane graveyard at DME was quite interesting
Old Aug 14, 2007, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Agree with YVR and all of Spotwelder's nominations.

Also NBO-LHR or -AMS, great desert views and more - except when the cabin attendant insists on shutters down. Hiss-s-s!

Anything over Iceland and Greenland. Our LHR-YVR took a very northerly route over Iceland earlier this year, showing the most amazing mountains and glaciers I had never seen before or since.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DEL-LHR on cloudless day - straight up the Khyber Pass and the whole way over Afghanistan - breaktaking stuff.

Non-BA, flying into KTM from the west and spotting Everest. ^ Or any puddlejumper in the South Pacific.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:23 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
I think I vote for all of them!!

LUN-LHR for me was the most spectacular with clear views of the changing landscapes of Africa all the way to the Med. Unforgetable. Including a view of a meteor crater in Chad which I'd never heard of before

PVG-LHR not bad either - probably similar to NRT-LHR that was mentioned.

Non BA, I'd go for the daylight HKG-FRA with great views of the whole of Asia all the way to Europe.

As views go, another favourite was EZE-CDG flyign directly above Brasilia.

OK, Anorak, off!
Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
MXS-FGI or vice versa give some amazing coral reef views, not to mention the pleasure of landing on what seems to be essentially a school playing field at one end of the trip.

So far, these are for me the only flights on which I've been weighed as well as the luggage!
Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:43 am

Programs: MUCCI
My vote always goes for the central London route into LHR.

It is always nice to know you are nearly home and on a clear day you get to see soo much as long as you sit on the J/K side of the aircraft.

FD
Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:54 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
ATH-SMI has some great views over a lot of Greek islands. Flying into SMI was also good - did this only on a turboprop, but it must be scary on a 737 as the approach was an S-turn in between two mountains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.