Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2007 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2007, 11:06 am

Could it be the Internet Phone points?

One () of my accounts has just jumped up by 1,000 points since last night...the one I used to put a £10 VoIP credit on...I can't think of anything else I have bought on that card recently...so possibly...just possibly...they may be adding the telephone points at last.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by JimmyTheJock
One () of my accounts has just jumped up by 1,000 points since last night...the one I used to put a £10 VoIP credit on...I can't think of anything else I have bought on that card recently...so possibly...just possibly...they may be adding the telephone points at last.
Mine too, and a quick call to CS has confirm it was phone points! I won't settle on this until it shows as Telco points on my statement but it's looking good.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 1:40 pm

Programs: BAEC, Skywards, KLM
Originally Posted by JimmyTheJock
One of mine did too! Also the only explanation is the Internet Phone. Now to wait for the other 4000 (I did write 5 letters of complaint when the points did not appear in Nov statement).
Old Jan 23, 2007, 4:44 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by nollag in the old thread
Where is the new thread?
Here
Old Jan 23, 2007, 5:45 am

Programs: BA : Virgin
Tis the T'internet phone points coming through

The most SCARY part of which is that my theory was correct -- you never actually needed to purchase a phone from them -- simply download the software from their site -

http://www.tescointernetphone.com/do...ernetphone.exe

Register as a new number, input the 1000 point code, top up with £10 and the 1000 points are yours.

So 2,400 BA Miles for £10

I believe this is still on as listed on the 1st page ofthis thread is

Tesco Internet Phone (expires 31 March 2007)

1,000 bonus points when you buy an internet phone instore (£15, sometimes less on promotion) or online at www.tescointernetphone.com and then top it up with £10 online. You need to enter the code BAB216 when topping up. Maximum one phone per CC account.

BUT DO NOT BUY THE PHONE - NOT REQUIRED -- just register as is you had one
Old Jan 23, 2007, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by Quebec5
Tis the T'internet phone points coming through

The most SCARY part of which is that my theory was correct -- you never actually needed to purchase a phone from them -- simply download the software from their site -

http://www.tescointernetphone.com/do...ernetphone.exe

Register as a new number, input the 1000 point code, top up with £10 and the 1000 points are yours.

So 2,400 BA Miles for £10

I believe this is still on as listed on the 1st page ofthis thread is

Tesco Internet Phone (expires 31 March 2007)

1,000 bonus points when you buy an internet phone instore (£15, sometimes less on promotion) or online at www.tescointernetphone.com and then top it up with £10 online. You need to enter the code BAB216 when topping up. Maximum one phone per CC account.

BUT DO NOT BUY THE PHONE - NOT REQUIRED -- just register as is you had one
Can anyone confirm this. Neat wheeze if it works ! Also, are people getting multiple points per a/c or just using multiple accounts ?
Old Jan 23, 2007, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Can anyone confirm this. Neat wheeze if it works ! Also, are people getting multiple points per a/c or just using multiple accounts ?

Well it doesn't work for me, I've just tried and when I enter the BAB216 code it refuses to register my account and spits me back to the 'enter voucher number' page
Old Jan 23, 2007, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Personally I would go down the Marriott - Tesco - BA route. A premium converter like yourself would be getting miles at 0.59p, guaranteed. Why risk money on something which for most people has not posted properly?
Old Jan 23, 2007, 11:59 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by Raffles
Personally I would go down the Marriott - Tesco - BA route. A premium converter like yourself would be getting miles at 0.59p, guaranteed.

but ....

Originally Posted by Raffles
Do NOT spend money on Marriott points if you are not willing to take the risk that you may be stuck with points that you cannot transfer out of Marriott, forcing you to redeem them for Marriott stays at rates that will represent poor value in most circumstances, or out of Tesco.
Shome mishtake, surely?
Old Jan 24, 2007, 5:15 am

The latest Wine Club mailings have arrived!

OK folks...the latest batch of Wine Club mailings have just dropped on JtheJ's doormat...

XX-C32D gives 500 points with an £85 spend...minimum 6/12 bottles as usual.
XX-C36D gives 1,000 points with an £175 spend...minimum 6/12 bottles as usual.
XX-C38D gives 1,000 points with an £50 spend...minimum 6/12 bottles as usual. ^
XX-C41D gives 1,000 points with an £50 spend...minimum 6/12 bottles as usual. ^

Also various vouchers for 50 & 100 points for any wine...any white wine...any French wine...etc...etc.

BEWARE...one voucher invites you to DONATE 100 points...to Wine Relief...whatever that is...but I can probably guess.

A double points on your next shop seems to feature in all mailings.

Offers are all valid until 4th March 2007.

Happy shopping and drinking folks!

Last edited by JimmyTheJock; Jan 24, 2007 at 7:20 am Reason: Missed something important!
Old Jan 24, 2007, 9:17 am

I had 3 accounts. No points posted at all , except one accound that c/s added over the phone.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 10:09 am

Programs: BA : Virgin
Yes !

Yes it does work (well did for me), hence my post.

Across 5 Tesco Cards I registered 5 x Times, 1 per card : But ONLY for the 1st 2 registrations did I actually buy the Internet Phones ; the other 3 I just did the registration.

ALL 5 x 1000 Points have come through

It is logical really ; there is no proof of purchase req (for the phone) ; the trigger for the 1000 points is the input of the code in the registration step (can be done without a phone) and the £10 top up (can be done without a phone)

Remember it is actually worth buying at least 1 phone == So that you can use all your credit across all your registrations - thus getting maximum value -- so if you actually register 5 times ; use the £50 of call credits you are effectively getting 5000 points == 12,000 BA Miles for NOTHING (apart from the cost of the 1 x phone @ £5 ish)

I would not personally chance mutiple registrations against a single card (though cannot recall if it is TESCO limited to 1 per card)
Old Jan 24, 2007, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Quebec5
Yes it does work (well did for me), hence my post.

Across 5 Tesco Cards I registered 5 x Times, 1 per card : But ONLY for the 1st 2 registrations did I actually buy the Internet Phones ; the other 3 I just did the registration.

ALL 5 x 1000 Points have come through

It is logical really ; there is no proof of purchase req (for the phone) ; the trigger for the 1000 points is the input of the code in the registration step (can be done without a phone) and the £10 top up (can be done without a phone)

Remember it is actually worth buying at least 1 phone == So that you can use all your credit across all your registrations - thus getting maximum value -- so if you actually register 5 times ; use the £50 of call credits you are effectively getting 5000 points == 12,000 BA Miles for NOTHING (apart from the cost of the 1 x phone @ £5 ish)

I would not personally chance mutiple registrations against a single card (though cannot recall if it is TESCO limited to 1 per card)

Yes ... t/c stated 1 per card.

You also have to contacted c/s to get an activation code to top up new accounts.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 2:25 pm

Phoned Tesco home phone tonight to check that my 2000 pts for switching to Tesco home phone had been posted. The offer was last March. Did not post the following quater, phoned and was assured they would post next quater. Next quater did not post , so phoned again. The usual arse licking appology and 100 % guarentee that I would get them in Feb,. The c/s agent could see that they were listed as ready to post.

Sp phoned tonight , and guess what .......... The cut off date was today and I am so so sorry , I dont know why but they have not been posted and will now have to wait till next quater.

Its just a great big con...... tell people often enough that you will get something in 3 months time ofen enough and they will go away.

I think that the only way to get my points ( that I am 100% entitled to ) is to purchase 2 X what ever electrical Item has 1000 bonus points and return them... this is something I am totally against but after nearrl a year I feel that that is my only option............ of maybee just let it go.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 2:41 pm

Programs: BAEC, Skywards, KLM
Originally Posted by jchand
Phoned Tesco home phone tonight to check that my 2000 pts for switching to Tesco home phone had been posted. The offer was last March. Did not post the following quater, phoned and was assured they would post next quater. Next quater did not post , so phoned again. The usual arse licking appology and 100 % guarentee that I would get them in Feb,. The c/s agent could see that they were listed as ready to post.

Sp phoned tonight , and guess what .......... The cut off date was today and I am so so sorry , I dont know why but they have not been posted and will now have to wait till next quater.

Its just a great big con...... tell people often enough that you will get something in 3 months time ofen enough and they will go away.

I think that the only way to get my points ( that I am 100% entitled to ) is to purchase 2 X what ever electrical Item has 1000 bonus points and return them... this is something I am totally against but after nearrl a year I feel that that is my only option............ of maybee just let it go.
jc - I'm still waiting for 4 out of 5 - when I phoned TIP the man at the other end just did not seem to have any idea of the points system - now as the next cut-off date approaches, I am getting resigned to the idea that £50 was spent in vain and it will take me ages to use all the call time. By the way the new update to TIP has crashed my computer so I had to uninstall it meantime.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.