Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2007 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2007, 11:19 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by McMilescollector
I have entered the 1500 code and all I got was a message saying I didn't qualify for free delivery. I tried entering it again and the message changed to 'code has been used too many times'. How do I know if the code has actually been accepted / when do the points post to my account so I know whether the code worked?
I got the same message about the Free Delivery. However, the 1500 point bonus still showed on my confirmation page. Also, the 1500 is shown on the confirmation e-mail.

If it's not on your confirmation e-mail, the chances are you won't get the points.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Jan 9, 2007, 11:26 am

Programs: Virgin Red, BA Silver, H Honors Diamond
Thanks for that. The extra points did not post on the confirmation or on my email so I have cancelled the order and will try again. Interestingly my order was for spot on £50 I wonder whether it needed to be a penny over this to trigger the voucher.

Increasing the order to £52 allowed the voucher to be used. Thanks everyone for the help. I am determined to learn the arts of the miles collector but currently am still in primary school so please bear with me..I will try and learn fast!

Andrew

Last edited by McMilescollector; Jan 9, 2007 at 11:33 am
Old Jan 9, 2007, 11:32 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by McMilescollector
Thanks for that. The extra points did not post on the confirmation or on my email so I have cancelled the order and will try again. Interestingly my order was for spot on £50 I wonder whether it needed to be a penny over this to trigger the voucher.
Was your order £50 including the £5 delivery charge? If so, that may be the reason. I'm pretty sure it needs to be £50 before the delivery charge.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Jan 9, 2007, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Mine normally post with 48 hours.

Cheers,
Rick
Rick, how do you manage to get wine codes posted within 48hrs!! Grocery yes
but wine sometimes its months or never.

I have never known wine warehouse codes to post in this timespan,EVER

BUT someone may know better!
Old Jan 9, 2007, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA; Marriott; HH Gold,
Originally Posted by kpriestnal

the 1500 pointer on £50 spend posted within days on my account no problemo
Old Jan 9, 2007, 1:26 pm

Programs: Virgin Red, BA Silver, H Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Was your order £50 including the £5 delivery charge? If so, that may be the reason. I'm pretty sure it needs to be £50 before the delivery charge.

Cheers,
Rick
Initial order was £50 exactly before the delivery charge so in theory should qualify but apparently the extra pence made all the difference. I just hope to see the points post in the shorter timescale, but at least my confirmation has the extra points in writing...
Old Jan 9, 2007, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by kpriestnal

Alot of the New wine codes post as Grocery or in store bonus points. Show on account within 48 hrs.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
New grocery code added, not targetted it seems (£50 / 500)

Also ... 250 bonus when you search for the cheapest gas and electricity provider using the search engine at http://www.tescoenergy.com/tesco/Utilities and then switch to another provider.

Last edited by Raffles; Jan 10, 2007 at 4:04 am
Old Jan 11, 2007, 2:44 pm

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
TOM TOM One UK Double Points

In the Tesco Extra at Horley, very close to LGW North, the Tom Tom One UK is for sale at £199 and with double points until the end of the month. See next post for even more news at Tesco Horley.....
Old Jan 11, 2007, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Double Points on everything at Tesco Horley Days 1,2,3

For some very strange reason, Tesco Horley is doing a double point bonus promotion on just about everything you could buy. This offer only works on Days 1,2 and 3.

As you are all avid timetable readers, I will not say that it is Monday to Wednesday only, so I won't.

Makes it worth popping in for petrol when visiting LGW! It is just beyond the Holiday Inn LGW, which is close to LGW North.

Happy shopping. I will let you know if the insurance promotion gets the bonus shortly. Like Monday

This might even be enough to get Schofs to head south
Old Jan 11, 2007, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Originally Posted by spotwelder
This might even be enough to get Schofs to head south
I saw a few weeks ago about this double points mon-weds, and I thought it was for all Tescos. So I ran my card down til it was running on fumes, went into the Tesco's in Leatherhead to fill up... and single points!!!!

Double points are on base points only - won't include bonus points
Old Jan 11, 2007, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
In the Tesco Extra at Horley, very close to LGW North, the Tom Tom One UK is for sale at £199 and with double points until the end of the month.
Yes but it's £173 at Dixons .
Old Jan 11, 2007, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by clubman
Yes but it's £173 at Dixons .
And various horizontal situational awareness organic devices are available for about 5% of the Dixons cost. However, they are only to be used by the male of the species.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 5:41 am

And various horizontal situational awareness organic devices are available for about 5% of the Dixons cost. However, they are only to be used by the male of the species.
Rest assured that some females can navigate via horizontal situational awareness organic devices extremely well, I challenge you to an organic map reading contest
Old Jan 12, 2007, 12:36 pm

Healty Living Club mailings have arrived.

Code XX-HTD9 gives 500 points with a £50 or more spend at Tesco.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.