Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2007 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2007, 1:02 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by Raffles
New grocery code added, not targetted it seems (£50 / 500)
Originally Posted by JimmyTheJock
Code XX-HTD9 gives 500 points with a £50 or more spend at Tesco.com
We know
Old Jan 12, 2007, 4:25 pm

This is a little OT and bearing in mind I have left BA and now work for Tesco to fund me as a student nurse.

If you book a Thomson holiday thro' a Thomson travel agent you get Sainsburys nectar points for every pound you spend. You can't get it online tho'

I thought that our hol would be more expensive through the agent, but we are going to a 4 * hotel in Aug and she managed to save us £400 as she booked the kids as adults so we didn't incur an under occupancy supplement. ( The hotel suite was based on 2 adults sharing)

Worth a thought for any of you as common as me to go on a Thomson Superfamily hol.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by loobtastic
This is a little OT and bearing in mind I have left BA and now work for Tesco to fund me as a student nurse.

If you book a Thomson holiday thro' a Thomson travel agent you get Sainsburys nectar points for every pound you spend. You can't get it online tho'

I thought that our hol would be more expensive through the agent, but we are going to a 4 * hotel in Aug and she managed to save us £400 as she booked the kids as adults so we didn't incur an under occupancy supplement. ( The hotel suite was based on 2 adults sharing)

Worth a thought for any of you as common as me to go on a Thomson Superfamily hol.
So was it you that swapped the IFE tapes this week, and put Thomsonfly ones on the BA flights to DME?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644812
Old Jan 12, 2007, 4:36 pm

No... but I'll bear it in mind for 1st April tee hee
Old Jan 15, 2007, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Amex Plat, BA Amex Black, Pri. Pass, Marriott Silver
Raffles - a tillspit today:

Tesco Wine Online, 1000 points when you spend £50 or more in a single transaction (excluding delivery charge), XX-BE8D valid until 11/02/07. Minimum 12 bottles of wine or 6 of champagne. One eCoupon starting XX per transaction. Usable once per customer. Not valid on Grocery site.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Silver Elite, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by alistaln

Tesco Wine Online, 1000 points when you spend £50 or more in a single transaction (excluding delivery charge), XX-BE8D valid until 11/02/07. Minimum 12 bottles of wine or 6 of champagne. One eCoupon starting XX per transaction. Usable once per customer. Not valid on Grocery site.
The website says this is a £99 minimum spend
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by das05r
The website says this is a £99 minimum spend

Try again, Works for £50 for me.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by alistaln

And thanks for posting.

Any indication on the tillspit when points post ??? If no imndication I would guess they post as per Grocery in 48 hrs.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Amex Plat, BA Amex Black, Pri. Pass, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by jchand
And thanks for posting.

Any indication on the tillspit when points post ??? If no imndication I would guess they post as per Grocery in 48 hrs.
No indication I'm afraid.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA Turquoise - regular user of N class fares!
Originally Posted by jchand
Try again, Works for £50 for me.
I can't get it to accept it for £50 - keeps telling me I need to spend £99. Tried it several times now.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by speedbird_agent
I can't get it to accept it for £50 - keeps telling me I need to spend £99. Tried it several times now.
When I used it it came up with the Msg you have to spend £99 .... but for free delivery, and it looks like the code is rejected.. Go to checkout and it says 1000 pts etc etc.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 12:59 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by speedbird_agent
This may or may not be the case. The points acceptance system at Tesco behaves in an odd way and it may be helpful to give some specifics.

Sometimes you put in a code that it has in fact accepted, but it comes up with a red banner message saying your code hasn't been accepted. Most or at least quite often in this situation it is telling you that another code that is either automatic or which you've placed in earlier and banked has not been accepted. It may be an expired code or one where you didn't meet criteria ie you weren't invited or didn't spend enough. A good example is free delivery on wine for orders of £99 or more. I often put a code in and it says that the code is invallid or I haven't spent enough. But this is often for either the free delivery on £99 or over or some other code. In fact the only spending code I can think of that is for £99 is for free delivery of wine all others tending to be £50 or £75 or £100 etc.

What you need to do before you totally abandon the order is look in the points area on the confirmation and see whether the points are listed there. It is easy to miss or not even look when faced with the red banner message.

I'd say that on around 70% of my confirmations I get both the rejection message but also the specific points I requested.

Hope this helps.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Points from the '250 points for a book purchase' promo from before Christmas have posted to both my accounts.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 2:02 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
The 200 points for books KYFF has also posted.

I note that I also got all my points posted for books I have ordered but are not due to be delivered until sometime into the future.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Do the wine buffs have any thoughts on the current offer on the Guigal Premium Mixed Case ? It looks quite attractive at £76 for the half dozen bottles and should qualify for the current 1,000 points offer. Can now answer my own question as these are 2002s and I just found this :-
"Only four wines from the 2002 vintage are included in this issue as the vintage was abysmal due to rain and flooding and consequently, the wine critics did not review most of the wines. Most of the wines they did review received poor scores and are not worth purchasing."
Trust Tesco to be purveying cr*p !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.