Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2007 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2007, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Silver & Hilton Diamond
Tesco Internet Phone

Ordered the phone and set up the online account. Now where do I enter the BAB216 code while topping up? Proceeded to top up account with credit card hoping the next screen would allow me to enter the code but just took the dough and account has now been credited £10. Snooped around the phone software and nothing there.

This has now failed to become profitable but I am determined to get the points and in time use this ugly phone.

So where do I enter this code?

Just a quick one. Anyone had points post from ink cartridges lately? I sent 25 before Christmas and still nothing.

Thanks all
Old Jan 16, 2007, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by World Traveller
Ordered the phone and set up the online account. Now where do I enter the BAB216 code while topping up? Proceeded to top up account with credit card hoping the next screen would allow me to enter the code but just took the dough and account has now been credited £10. Snooped around the phone software and nothing there.

This has now failed to become profitable but I am determined to get the points and in time use this ugly phone.

So where do I enter this code?

Just a quick one. Anyone had points post from ink cartridges lately? I sent 25 before Christmas and still nothing.

Thanks all

Well I bought 3 phones ( and made top up) as per the original promo.

Having a nightmare getting the points.

Clubcard say call Tesco internet phone.... they say call Clubcard. The cant talk to each other due to Data protection etc etc.

Wrote a letter, got a letter back that did not have a lot in common with my letter .

All a bit of a con........ Did manage to get one lot of 1000 points added manualy but that was hard work... So Tesco owe me 2000 points. ( I will get them one way or the other).

My advice.... dont bother with these buy it now post the points later promos.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 7:30 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Do the wine buffs have any thoughts on the current offer on the Guigal Premium Mixed Case ? It looks quite attractive at £76 for the half dozen bottles and should qualify for the current 1,000 points offer. Can now answer my own question as these are 2002s and I just found this :-
"Only four wines from the 2002 vintage are included in this issue as the vintage was abysmal due to rain and flooding and consequently, the wine critics did not review most of the wines. Most of the wines they did review received poor scores and are not worth purchasing."
Trust Tesco to be purveying cr*p !
Also, you need 12 bottles for the 1,000 points.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 9:21 am

Programs: BA , HH, PC RA
Originally Posted by World Traveller

Thanks all
I sent off a batch on Nov 21st. Still no points.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 9:36 am

Programs: BA, IB, DC, Amex PP, Motel 6, Waffle House, Cracker Barrel
Originally Posted by swissytrader
I sent off 8 over 2 months ago, and - suspicious of the 'they never arrived' ruse - I paid the extra to send them by 'Sign For' so I could track it online.

I try to track it online - and the system says it can't trace the package - so my interpretation is that it was not deliverable, and so far it has not been returned to me - ... is going on with this whole cartridge thing - or is it another scam ?

So I sent in a claim to the Post Office for my 'lost package' - 8 empty ink cartridges @ £1.00 each - I haven't yet had a response from them either.

This whole Tesco gig is fraught with irregularities & mis-postings. I think Ill wait for the next burgers or beef - and, in the meantime, keep the balance healthy via Marriott - yes, it costs, but at least the MR post very efficiently -tho whether they transfer to TCC as efficiently remains to be seen.....
Old Jan 16, 2007, 9:38 am

New Codes - No Min Spend !

I received the three following codes today. I m not sure if they are targetted but NO MINIMUM SPEND !

200 points for use between 8th Jan and 28th Jan XX-M9KR
300 22nd Jan and 11th Feb XX-8P93
And
500 points for use between 5th Feb and 25th Feb XX-DXFP.

The last one could be very interesting.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 9:43 am
TMC

Programs: United 1K, BA Silver, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by dewsburyborn
I sent off 8 over 2 months ago, and - suspicious of the 'they never arrived' ruse - I paid the extra to send them by 'Sign For' so I could track it online.

I try to track it online - and the system says it can't trace the package - so my interpretation is that it was not deliverable, and so far it has not been returned to me - ... is going on with this whole cartridge thing - or is it another scam ?
The 'Sign For' service is a joke - I sent two lots of CC vouchers (to Avis and Purple Parking), and was never able to track them, even after I'd received confirmations from both companies for my bookings - so your cartridges could well have arrived!
Old Jan 16, 2007, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA; Marriott; HH Gold,
have sent off about 50 cartridges in the past year (spread over a few accounts) and I am lucky if any of them have posted

sent off a phone last Monday and it was credited by Thursday - know it was the phone as its the only thing it could be on that account
Old Jan 16, 2007, 3:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
LoyaltyPoints is full of posts of people not getting any points

This is the list of cartridges they accept - check it out. It maybe that your cartridges are of no value. Go to this web page and click the "list of recyclable items"

http://www.inkagain.co.uk/check/index.shtml

I use this one instead - at least you get cash !

http://www.inkcycle.co.uk/empties3.php

Hope this helps for the future
Old Jan 16, 2007, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by TOMSURFER

This is the list of cartridges they accept - check it out. It maybe that your cartridges are of no value. Go to this web page and click the "list of recyclable items"

In my experience, the cartridges I have sent in are the ones that they apparently accept (according to the website). Yet I think I've received at most 250 Clubcard points for the 30 or so cartridges I've sent to them, the last of which was several months ago. Also sent them a phone in working condition and again - no points.

Good idea about the cash - at least you know you're going to get something back, rather than have these people "lose" your cartridges.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Pocket Aces
Yet I think I've received at most 250 Clubcard points for the 30 or so cartridges I've sent to them, the last of which was several months ago.
That may in fact be the case. I did receive an unexpected 250 points a few weeks after mailing the cartridges. I had a few other orders post in the same week and the numbers just didn't add up. This could explain it.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by TOMSURFER

It also states on the envelope which cartridges they accept.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 12:57 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
It also states on the envelope which cartridges they accept.
The envelopes I got just stated the manufacturer rather than the specific cartridges. They only take a subset of the cartridges for each manufacturer. I know for a fact that they used to take HP 45's which I have a lot of, and now they don't. So I suspect that their list is quite dynamic.

Last edited by TOMSURFER; Jan 17, 2007 at 1:18 am
Old Jan 17, 2007, 2:42 am

TOMSURFER, thanks for the cash for cartridges link . ^ I ve got 20 outstanding with Tesco. Had I have sent these in for cash I would have received ITRO of £60.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 4:55 am

I received the three following codes today. I m not sure if they are targetted but NO MINIMUM SPEND !

200 points for use between 8th Jan and 28th Jan XX-M9KR
300 22nd Jan and 11th Feb XX-8P93
And
500 points for use between 5th Feb and 25th Feb XX-DXFP.The last one could be very interesting.
Raffles perhaps you could add this to the front page ?

Assuming delivery for £3.99, buy a pint of milk and 1200 BA miles are your's for less that £4.50 !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.