Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2007 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:58 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gizmos
guys just to let you know someone on paidtoshop has been queries for having earned 3600 points from a £600 spend. Now I know we all know its all possible but they have had 2800 of their points removed - therefore I would refrain from calling CS unless you really need to - seems like there are some sticklers there at the moment
That sounds very strange as it is like many things Tesco does illegal.

The points are a contingent discount and a part of the contract. Once an order has been accepted by Tesco with the points confirmed and the price agreed (priced on order for wine and delivery for groceries) then it can be cancelled any time up to but not after delivery. This is true whether or not they intended the offer to be targetted they have to honour it if the order has been accepted and delivered. It doesn't matter that they have terms and conditions that contradict this as having any terms and conditions that takes advantage of their "stronger position" or are plainly unfair are unenforceable.

Stating that you reserve the right to reverse a mutually agreed transaction is clearly unfair and therefore unenforceable. The only time they can change their mind - including changing their minds about the points as long as this is clearly notified- is anytime up to delivery, but once they have taken your cash the contract is sealed and the argument is at an end.

I nearly had the opportunity to sue them a couple of weeks ago when they refused to refund the delivery charge when they mistated what they had delivered. I know it sounds petty but I'm getting a bit peeved with the rudeness of a minority identifiable few at Tesco CS - the majority being great. They did however change their mind - five times and it was resolved!

EDITED TO ADD: Looking at the other thread it does rather demonstrate the need we all have to keep a decent record / spreadsheet of the transactions and to periodically e-mail yourself your clubcard summary page showing points balances - particularly NOW just before cut-off.

Last edited by uk1; Jan 27, 2007 at 11:28 am
Old Jan 27, 2007, 2:17 pm

My clubcard balance page on tesco.com always shows as zero and always has done.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA; Marriott; HH Gold,
Originally Posted by uk1
EDITED TO ADD: Looking at the other thread it does rather demonstrate the need we all have to keep a decent record / spreadsheet of the transactions and to periodically e-mail yourself your clubcard summary page showing points balances - particularly NOW just before cut-off.
screenshots just done and added to spreadsheet next to today's date - have just confirmed myself as a complete saddo?
Old Jan 27, 2007, 5:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by koksy
My clubcard balance page on tesco.com always shows as zero and always has done.
Try going to "Clubcard" and then "Your Clubcard Account" rather than "My Account" and then "Your Clubcard Details" (or the other way round)
Old Jan 28, 2007, 12:17 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gizmos
screenshots just done and added to spreadsheet next to today's date - have just confirmed myself as a complete saddo?

In my view, because Tesco purposefully withhold sending a detailed statement of each of the codes and points you used during the quarter - you have to do this.

Once the actual number of points in the mailer was less than the final total I had before it zeroed. It is easier to request that they explain why the balance reduced by xpoints than you having to justify the total from your spreadsheet.

Not sad at all!
Old Jan 28, 2007, 3:08 am

Looks like the wine codes are posting again!

3 x 1,500 points added to various accounts overnight. ^
Old Jan 28, 2007, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Happily 3,000 points have just posted overnight. Goodness knows why, as I am quite certain that I only had 1,500 owing from the Oct/Nov wine promotion

Last quarter's vouchers went astray (long story), so I have two quarters owing, with a grand total of 133,000 miles coming my way ! Probably small beer compared to the true devotees, but certainly not to be sniffed at. The only question now is: what to do with well over 1.2 million miles .... ?
Old Jan 28, 2007, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, Amex Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by JimmyTheJock
Looks like the wine codes are posting again!

3 x 1,500 points added to various accounts overnight. ^
Same here. Posted on two accounts for me overnight.

Just put my third wine order through as well for free delivery!
Old Jan 28, 2007, 4:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Raffles
Just drunk the wine, and it's not the worst I've ever had - I'm afraid the case of Chenet I ordered last year still holds that title.
I'll send you over a bottle of something from Egypt. That will blast your 'worst-wine' contenders out of the water!
Old Jan 28, 2007, 4:37 am

Programs: BA Silver
Got the 1500 points for the wine too ^ but no Internet phone points
Old Jan 28, 2007, 5:02 am

Programs: BA bronze
Same for me.
Wine points have posted overnight but no internet phone bonus points.
I've followed the advice in this thread and made copies of my online Clubcard details pages for each account in case points disappear again - used the free PrimoPDF PDF creator programme for this to make PDf files which can easily be printed or emailed if evidence is required of what the points balance was.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 5:42 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Alvador
Same for me.
Wine points have posted overnight but no internet phone bonus points.
I've followed the advice in this thread and made copies of my online Clubcard details pages for each account in case points disappear again - used the free PrimoPDF PDF creator programme for this to make PDf files which can easily be printed or emailed if evidence is required of what the points balance was.
Why not simply send them to yourself - in Internet Explorer:

File:
Send:
Page by e-mail:

You don't even need to mail it as it's in your Outlook Express outbox. You move it into the relevant folder and keep it. Then you can e-mail it or print it.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 7:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Pocket Aces
Got the 1500 points for the wine too ^ but no Internet phone points
Same for me. I had been a bit worried about the former, but they finally posted overnight (exactly as promised by Tesco, surprisingly).

Only one thing to phone up and complain about this quarter - the internet phone. It seems I'm not alone.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 9:37 am

Programs: BA bronze
Originally Posted by uk1
Why not simply send them to yourself - in Internet Explorer:

File:
Send:
Page by e-mail:

You don't even need to mail it as it's in your Outlook Express outbox. You move it into the relevant folder and keep it. Then you can e-mail it or print it.
Yes, I agree that's another good way of saving a copy of what's on a web page. I guess I just prefer the fact that by making PDF files I can give confirmations / receipts / statements memorable file names and easily store them in folders on my computer or transfer to my laptop or USB stick. Saves me printing out nearly as many receipts etc as I used to. I'm sure you can do something similar with emails but I don't find it as easy - probably my fault

And congratulations on your 1000th post uk1 :-:
Old Jan 28, 2007, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
Good ole Tesco Manually added 1500 Wine Club points not posted now they've added it again with another 500 ! Perhaps a lobby concerning detailed Clubcard statements should start - whost the best person at Tesco to send this to ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.