Search

Tesco and BA [2007 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2007, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Unfortunately, these promos seem to be targetted to those who receive the mailing according to paidtoshop.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
lastminute.com - WARNING!

Booking travel at tesco.com can be a useful way of earning Tesco points. Booking via the Tesco link produces 1 Tesco point per pound, excluding taxes and credit card fees. In theory.

As has been mentioned, it is very difficult to be sure that LM/Tesco points have been awarded as they are lumped together in the tesco.com section on the quarterly Clubcard statement.

Of course. you can enquire of LM whether the points have been posted. This usually produces a standard answer that they will check. There is no knowing whether this actually happens or not.

I have recently pursued my several purchases in 2006. After the standard responses were acknowledged, I waited a week or so and repeated the request. A couple of times later, I got a response from a real person with that person's e-mail address .

It turns out that some of the purchases had indeed been credited. A couple more had been sent through but did not arrive because of technical problems at LM, while another had been missed altogether.

Checking this morning, I see that my balance has increased by 3,000 points, so 9,600 BA Miles equivalent , which I put down to LM credits

No, I'm not going to divulge that person's name or e-mail address. I can say, though, that [email protected] seems to be an address which is monitored for responses.

Then there are customer services issues , which would entail a much longer post, so I'll leave that for the moment.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Silver & Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the info Roger. Checked out of a hotel booked through Tesco Travel last week and hope the points will post in time for the upcoming statement. Let’s see.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by World Traveller
Thanks for the info Roger. Checked out of a hotel booked through Tesco Travel last week and hope the points will post in time for the upcoming statement. Let’s see.
Quite frankly, for hotels, packages and car hire you're probably better off booking through the lastminute.com link on Quidco and using the cashback to buy yourself some miles - although I might risk it for flights given the cashback is only 1% on those.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
Every Last minute booking in the past two years has not automatically posted to my Clubcard - must be the same jinx as the Wine Club extra points !
Old Jan 17, 2007, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Turquoise - regular user of N class fares!
internet phone

hi guys
can anyone enlighten me about the internet phone offer. i got my handset today and promptly registered. I used the code that is in the OP section (BAB216) in the software when it asked me to register. However, when I went to do a £10 top-up, there was nowhere to put in the code. Have I done it in the right place?
Old Jan 17, 2007, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by speedbird_agent
hi guys
can anyone enlighten me about the internet phone offer. i got my handset today and promptly registered. I used the code that is in the OP section (BAB216) in the software when it asked me to register. However, when I went to do a £10 top-up, there was nowhere to put in the code. Have I done it in the right place?
I dont think anyone has ever got bonus points for this offer . ( See my above post)
Old Jan 17, 2007, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA bronze
Originally Posted by speedbird_agent
hi guys
Yes, you put the code in the software when you register not when you make the £10 top-up.
However, I registered for the previous similar offer at the start of September last year and haven't been able to get the 1000 points I'm due despite numerous phone calls to Tesco Clubcard and Tesco Internet Phone. I've had the same experience as jchand - each department says that the missing points are not their responsibility and asks me to telephone the other one
Old Jan 17, 2007, 6:27 pm
Suspended

Amazingly, I actually received the points for the Internet phone promo. A short call to CS and they appeared about a day later. Luck of the draw I guess.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Raffles
I might risk it for flights given the cashback is only 1% on those.
I've only bought flights at Tesco/LM. I've always found better hotel and car rates elsewhere. Of course, as ever, it's horses for courses.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 10:51 am

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
Just had 1,500 points added manually to my account from the last wine club offer fiasco - even admitted that many customers didn't receive them !
Old Jan 18, 2007, 11:08 am

Programs: BA Silver
I don't think I'll bother to call Tesco to get my wine points added. Last time I tried they implied I should be grateful for the amount of points I had in my account (circa 4k)

Now the Marriott points have converted I think I'll get even less sympathy!
Old Jan 19, 2007, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
Does anyone have any experience of transferring Tesco paper point vouchers to BA using the online method. I have always posted the vouchers to Tesco previously. I note in the guide to BA in this forum and posts by others it should take about 24 hours.

I am desperate to book a reward trip with my recently received 241 voucher as days I wish to travel are disappearing rapidly. After nearly 48 hours nothing is showing on the BA website.

Any one have any experience on how long the process takes?
Old Jan 19, 2007, 8:14 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
It's very quick - a couple of days at the most.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 8:50 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
I've just phoned Tesco & they have transferred the points to BA. BA have not confirmed to them they have been added yet. I think I therefore need to be a little more patient.

Tesco Clubcard told me that the end of the quarter will be the 28th Jan. The date of adding the wine club bonus points has not been notified to them yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.