Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New this month.

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2024, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I like elderflower tonic and I'm glad for the new single Malts. I don't care for JW Blue but I'm sure some people will be happy (good for you guys) and I don't partake in onboard food for sale but I think it is a good move that they are finally reintroducing some salad options for people who do.
Old May 1, 2024, 1:09 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Shame the intern does not know the difference between whisky and whiskey

aks120
jmd, Scotair, STBCypriot and 6 others like this.
Old May 1, 2024, 1:13 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Should also be extra large bins. I dont think there are any more bins.
Robespierre likes this.
Old May 1, 2024, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I like elderflower tonic and I'm glad for the new single Malts. I don't care for JW Blue but I'm sure some people will be happy (good for you guys) and I don't partake in onboard food for sale but I think it is a good move that they are finally reintroducing some salad options for people who do.
Yes, interesting that the Dalwhinnie 15 has made it to Club, we have just had F menus posted in the relevant thread where it has replaced the Caol Ila too.
I like the Dalwhinnie but the cask-strength felt like they were doing something for people who really care about Scotch.

Edit: you know re-reading I wonder if the Talisker is for club and the Dalwhinnie will be F/CCR only? They dont usually have 2 single malts in Club do they?

Originally Posted by aks120
Shame the intern does not know the difference between whisky and whiskey
Indeed, poor show, the (EDI) Dungeon for them!
PETER01, DaveS and Intl359Widget like this.

Last edited by crazy8534; May 1, 2024 at 1:53 pm
Old May 1, 2024, 2:21 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Some of us quite like a bit of red mood lighting thanks very much!

That looks like the less salubrious parts of Amsterdam. Not that I would know of course.
jmd, seanp7, Sealink and 15 others like this.
Old May 1, 2024, 2:49 pm

I have always wondered what mood lighting is. Seems like coloured bulbs instead of real ones to me.
I have a convector heater thats about 65 years old and still works perfectly except for the red bulb it used to have when I sat on it in our freezing cold house many years ago.
HFHFFlyer likes this.
Old May 1, 2024, 6:52 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC electrum
Originally Posted by Greenpen
xcept for the red bulb
I have tiny little pieces of insulation tape put over the indicator lights on my consumer electronics. I can tell if things are on by whether they are working.
No need to have my attention drawn to it.
Just because LEDs are cheap doesn't mean you should put them everywhere, that includes ambient coloured nonsense in the cabin.
The existing purple CW lighting has already spoiled many otherwise perfectly good photos of people's dinner.
Old May 2, 2024, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by DeathSlam
I have tiny little pieces of insulation tape put over the indicator lights on my consumer electronics.
Ah good, another one who does this. My other half rolls his eyes as I put little squares of black electrical tape over these. My TV has an option to have the light come on only when the TV is off. As in "Hey, just to let you know, the TV is turned off!". OK, thanks.

However, I quite like the purple "mood lighting" on the flight. I've not flown CW in a few years, but I'm sure a white-balance edit would sort the photos out.
Fritz, DeathSlam and SxMan like this.
Old May 2, 2024, 3:03 am

Really dull, technical and off topic question - but prompted by the line about updated IFE options. How exactly is this rolled out across an entire fleet - 'over the air' downloads, or a physical plug-in activity?
Old May 2, 2024, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by FlyingCruiser
Really dull, technical and off topic question - but prompted by the line about updated IFE options. How exactly is this rolled out across an entire fleet - 'over the air' downloads, or a physical plug-in activity?
The library is manually updated
FlyingCruiser likes this.
Old May 2, 2024, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Still no Bourbon for CW. Sigh...
endoman and Wembleygal like this.
Old May 2, 2024, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC GGLfL
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Some of us quite like a bit of red mood lighting thanks very much!

Looks like a troubled teenager's bedroom!
mario, Sealink, Greenpen and 6 others like this.
Old May 2, 2024, 4:23 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Where is my Cognac?
Old May 2, 2024, 5:09 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Finland Station
Looks like a troubled teenager's bedroom!
In reality though, much more likely to find a leftover meal from two weeks ago down the side of the seat last night if I’d been on BA.

Back on topic, personally, I do appreciate these initiatives on BA and stuff like the FeverTree tonic makes a difference to me. As I posted in a recent thread, it feels like someone is finally actually starting to make a bit of an effort in BA premium cabins (from LHR at least) and the dark days of the Cruz era are hopefully well and truly over.
Old May 2, 2024, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
"Just in time for the summer travel months, British Airways is offering new cabins and better premium beverages for those in First Class, Club World, and Club Europe."

What summer are they talking about? I have seen some suggestions that summer 2030 before the fleet has been refurbished by which time the competition will have taken a giant leap for mankind in terms of hard product.

https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/b...&utm_campaign=

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.