New this month.

Old May 24, 2024, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
No where is pork mentioned.
A full breakfast is a substantial cooked breakfast meal, often served in Great Britain and Ireland. The typical ingredients are bacon, sausages, eggs, black pudding, baked beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, toast, fried bread.
Old May 24, 2024, 3:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Well lets put it this way, you try serving me breakfast with turkey bacon and chicken sausages, and we will see how that goes
Old May 24, 2024, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The point I’m making is nobody should assume a Full English contains pork.
Old May 24, 2024, 4:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA LTG MM
Turkey bacon is to bacon as Rocky Mountain oyster is to shellfish. Bull something.
Old May 24, 2024, 5:14 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Well, erm, no. Previously the lovely cabin crew would kindly ask me to wait while they check if there's Cognac in F. This time it was a straight "we don't have that any more". I do know, technically you are correct, but crew is usually very obliging.
dont be THAT person
TabTraveller likes this.
Old May 25, 2024, 12:55 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
have yet to see any elderflower tonic from Gatwick though🥲
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old May 25, 2024, 2:13 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
dont be THAT person
Only until the Cognac returns, promise.
krispy84 and SxMan like this.
Old May 25, 2024, 2:16 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Only until the Cognac returns, promise.
Cointreau has disappeared as well now have you noticed? That used to be rather good to perk-up warm champagne.
Old May 25, 2024, 2:28 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SxMan
Cointreau has disappeared as well now have you noticed? That used to be rather good to perk-up warm champagne.
So much for positioning the airline to be more premium.
londonba2014 and SxMan like this.
Old May 25, 2024, 4:32 am

I think most people assume a full English has bacon (pork). Bit like if I ordered a full Welsh I would expect it to have soda Bread, and maybe a full Irish as well.
Old May 25, 2024, 6:15 am

Programs: BA - Bronze , IHG - Spire Ambassador, Hilton - Diamond
Doesn't BA already sell an afternoon tea that doesn't contain tea? Full breakfast without pork is just the logical next step.
Old May 25, 2024, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC
I heard that and requested it on last Monday's BA206 MIA-LHR in CW and was refused. Good to hear that it is back in F, so I will push a little harder next time.
Why not push a little harder for some premium champagne and a meal from F whilst you are at it?
TTmex, PGberkshire and DXB2745 like this.
Old May 25, 2024, 12:18 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by SxMan
Cointreau has disappeared as well now – have you noticed? That used to be rather good to perk-up warm champagne.
Disappeared or ran out on your flight?
Old May 26, 2024, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Why not push a little harder for some premium champagne and a meal from F whilst you are at it?
Because those items have always been F only. Im not asking for F when Ive paid J but get peeved when what was always J is first completely removed and then returned for F only. I do not consider a Cognac something for F only. By all means offer varying quality of product between the classes but I take exception to its removal. The crew, by the way, usually agree, hence their willingness to be flexible. And its usually when the IFM asks at their greeting if theres anything else they can get me that I mention it. Most are not even aware its been enhanced away.
Old May 26, 2024, 9:44 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Because those items have always been F only. Im not asking for F when Ive paid J but get peeved when what was always J is first completely removed and then returned for F only. I do not consider a Cognac something for F only. By all means offer varying quality of product between the classes but I take exception to its removal. The crew, by the way, usually agree, hence their willingness to be flexible. And its usually when the IFM asks at their greeting if theres anything else they can get me that I mention it. Most are not even aware its been enhanced away.
so anything BA ever served in J Is grand fathered into your assumptions of what you deserve on a flight?
DXB2745 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.