New this month.

Old May 5, 2024, 7:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I like elderflower tonic
I just asked for a G&T in CE and was given elderflower without being asked whether I wanted it. Is the Ďnew this monthí elderflower tonic replacing normal tonic, or is it as an addition to ?
SxMan likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It’s in addition.
SxMan likes this.
Old May 6, 2024, 5:58 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Where is my Cognac?
hang on they donít have nice XO cognac in Club? I love myself a nice glass. Thatís not good. Canít they look at what other airlines are doing? Also please add more port.
Old May 6, 2024, 6:17 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by crisdean
hang on they donít have nice XO cognac in Club? I love myself a nice glass. Thatís not good. Canít they look at what other airlines are doing? Also please add more port.
Nope. Cognac got enhanced away. They don't even have it in F any more. And yes, they used to have the Otard XO, which I liked. Other airlines have even better Cognac offerings. BA now offers multiple single malt whisky choices but no Cognac. Shameful.
Old May 6, 2024, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Nope. Cognac got enhanced away. They don't even have it in F any more. And yes, they used to have the Otard XO, which I liked. Other airlines have even better Cognac offerings. BA now offers multiple single malt whisky choices but no Cognac. Shameful.
I loved the offering on Qatar and they seem to be open to do some flights. So you can test. Iíll make sure to leave feedback after our flight and complain. This is a hat Iíd call essential
Old May 6, 2024, 6:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Mucci
They brought it back, in F anyway, recent selection:

Tobias-UK and camdentown like this.
Old May 6, 2024, 6:32 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by crazy8534
They brought it back, in F anyway, recent selection:
I heard that and requested it on last Monday's BA206 MIA-LHR in CW and was refused. Good to hear that it is back in F, so I will push a little harder next time.

Last edited by golfmad; May 6, 2024 at 7:22 am Reason: Removed image quoted from post just above
Old May 6, 2024, 7:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I heard that and requested it on last Monday's BA206 MIA-LHR in CW and was refused. Good to hear that it is back in F, so I will push a little harder next time.
Unless you are travelling in First expect to be refused.
Old May 6, 2024, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Unless you are travelling in First expect to be refused.
Well, erm, no. Previously the lovely cabin crew would kindly ask me to wait while they check if there's Cognac in F. This time it was a straight "we don't have that any more". I do know, technically you are correct, but crew is usually very obliging.
Old May 6, 2024, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by DeathSlam
Not many people use Brylcreem any more?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimacassar
Wow, I didnít know this! Thanks. Still want them back!
Old May 24, 2024, 1:23 pm

It would need to be considerably better. Seat pitch LHR-IST/SAW on TK 31inches in economy, 30 inches in BA club Europe. I have never paid extra to have less leg room before! Also "full English breakfast" - well, no bacon so its not a full English. Understand destination may not eat Pork, but they could add bacon for those that wanted it.
Old May 24, 2024, 1:53 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classť, plus BAEC.
Well, erm, no. Previously the lovely cabin crew would kindly ask me to wait while they check if there's Cognac in F. This time it was a straight "we don't have that any more". I do know, technically you are correct, but crew is usually very obliging.
Iím with Tobias-UK here. If you are not travelling in F, you should expect to be told Ďnoí. To put it another way, pax should not expect to be routinely served drinks from a higher cabin simply because they request them, however politely. If cabin crew offer on an occasion or 2, thatís very nice, but it should not be expected. Iíd go further to say that, in general, Ďexpectationí after a one off is more than likely to end up with zero one-offs for anyone in future.

On the question of cognac in CW, I very much believe BA should offer it, as many of their competitors do. It has clearly been a commercial decision not to offer in the club cabin and that decision should not be circumvented by politely requesting from First.
PGberkshire and DXB2745 like this.
Old May 24, 2024, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Alan1950
It would need to be considerably better. Seat pitch LHR-IST/SAW on TK 31inches in economy, 30 inches in BA club Europe. I have never paid extra to have less leg room before! Also "full English breakfast" - well, no bacon so itís not a full English. Understand destination may not eat Pork, but they could add bacon for those that wanted it.
Cannot disagree with you about the seat pitch but a full English does not have to contain pork.
Old May 24, 2024, 2:45 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Cannot disagree with you about the seat pitch but a full English does not have to contain pork.
It does in our household, our Full English must have back bacon, pork sausage and black pudding 😋

This is one of the reasons I find Qatar Airwaysí breakfasts so poor and unappealing.
rapidex, alex67500, KARFA and 1 others like this.
Old May 24, 2024, 2:50 pm

Agreed it doesn't have to, and did not. But if you order a full English in nearly any cafť in the the UK (including ones run by people of the Muslim faith) it will have bacon (and if I remember correctly, a pork sausage, not a chicken sausage, as served by BA) as that is what the customer expects from the description.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.