Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2024, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Datum point: just got the double TPs for a complex 10-sector multicity trip spread over 3 months - returned last Monday so this is 12 days later. Obviously wouldn't qualify as a newly made booking so I'm glad I managed to "extract value" whilst it was possible and that everything posted correctly.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
It is allowed but it breaks the online tools, they get indigestion with multiple LHR visits. Phone up to book.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 3:12 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Did you get it to work ?
Must admit I'm quite curious about this as well, because stretching it a bit, couldn't you then also do 2 LHR-SOF B2Bs 5 days apart with 5 days of car hire in London in the middle to qualify for double TPs?
Old Jan 12, 2024, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Must admit I'm quite curious about this as well, because stretching it a bit, couldn't you then also do 2 LHR-SOF B2Bs 5 days apart with 5 days of car hire in London in the middle to qualify for double TPs?
Nope, you can only leave the UK once
crazy8534 and DeathSlam like this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 7:58 pm

Did you get it to work ?
Almost. As recommended above, I was able to price up this:
LHR-MAN
1 night hotel
MAN-SOF
SOF-MAN (overnight with hotel at LHR)
MAN-LHR
I also wanted a car hire at SOF to get double TP, but there were no cars available at for my desired dates.
I'll leave it and try again in couple of weeks.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 11:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by flarmip
Datum point: just got the double TPs for a complex 10-sector multicity trip spread over 3 months - returned last Monday so this is 12 days later. Obviously wouldn't qualify as a newly made booking so I'm glad I managed to "extract value" whilst it was possible and that everything posted correctly.
That is good.
I have a trip in March that was OK at the time of booking but where the T&Cs changed 2 days later (the first hotel night is before the first flight), so if I booked now it would be ineligible.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 12:28 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by flyslow
Tried to book SOF with car hire for October, but got an error that no cars are available. Checked from Avis app and same thing, no cars.
Has anyone experienced this? What could be the reason? All the cars already booked? Avis pulling out of SOF or Bulgaria? Prices not loaded yet?
I tried Budget as well, same thing. But it works for September, so I suspect they are not loading more than 9 months in advance.
flyslow likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 8:51 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I've just booked 1560 TPs for 2,933.00 inclusive of everything.

Assuming AA schedule changes, that'll increase to 1720 TPs for the same amount.

M
Old Jan 13, 2024, 9:06 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Honours Diamond
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I've just booked 1560 TPs for 2,933.00 inclusive of everything.

Assuming AA schedule changes, that'll increase to 1720 TPs for the same amount.

M
thats pretty good. Could you share the itinerary ?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 10:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by Kay_Baden
that’s pretty good. Could you share the itinerary ?
I dare not speak for msm (!) but knowing roughly what is available at the moment I am thinking something like: JER-LHR-JFK-SFO-PHX F return?
Available over the summer for about 2.9k flights alone and by the time you processed that through BAH and added some hotels and took off their discounts I reckon you could manage that?
(I apologise, the above would actually net about 2000TPs with bonuses if all in F so maybe the transcons are in J?)
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 10:29 am

Programs: BA silver
I'm trying to book a multi city (CW) trip in September. LHR-IAD (stay 7 days in Washington for the solheim cup and sightseeing), DCA-BNA, BNA-LHR.
Whenever I try to add the DCA-BNA leg the website won't recognise the airport code. Has anyone else has this problem? Any ideas of how to rectify it? Or indeed why this is happening now?
I tried the same itinery yesterday and it worked fine!
it only happens when using the 'holiday' booking tool. The flight only tool accepts this routing...

Last edited by G-MIDY; Jan 13, 2024 at 10:34 am
Old Jan 13, 2024, 12:20 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Kay_Baden
thats pretty good. Could you share the itinerary ?
JER-LHR-MIA-LAS in J/F/J (with one hotel night & 4 days car hire)

Originally Posted by crazy8534
I dare not speak for msm (!) but knowing roughly what is available at the moment I am thinking something like: JER-LHR-JFK-SFO-PHX F return?
Available over the summer for about 2.9k flights alone and by the time you processed that through BAH and added some hotels and took off their discounts I reckon you could manage that?
(I apologise, the above would actually net about 2000TPs with bonuses if all in F so maybe the transcons are in J?)
Trying to book that sort of routing in F at the moment is challenging for under 4k. Routing through SFO/LAX jumps the price, potentially on purpose, so I've opted to wait for a schedule change before I swap.

M
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 12:53 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Hello everyone, can the 5 nights hotel / car hire be split between the two ?
for example two nights hotel and then 3 nights car hire ?
land
Night 1 hotel
Night 2 hotel
On 3rd day Pick up car
Night 1 car
Night 2 car
Night 3 car
Take off

would this still qualify for double TP if all bought through BA at the same time ?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 12:58 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Hello everyone, can the 5 nights hotel / car hire be split between the two ?
for example two nights hotel and then 3 nights car hire ?
land
Night 1 hotel
Night 2 hotel
On 3rd day Pick up car
Night 1 car
Night 2 car
Night 3 car
Take off

would this still qualify for double TP if all bought through BA at the same time ?
In a word Yes.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 1:04 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by flyslow
Almost. As recommended above, I was able to price up this:
LHR-MAN
1 night hotel
MAN-SOF
SOF-MAN (overnight with hotel at LHR)
MAN-LHR
I also wanted a car hire at SOF to get double TP, but there were no cars available at for my desired dates.
I'll leave it and try again in couple of weeks.
Yes I can see cars in September so probably just a case of inventory not loaded for Oct onwards yet.

This itinerary you mention is interesting, adding in 4 extra domestic segments. I guess it would only require 3 hotels nights in Sofia (or 3 nights car hire ??) to then qualify for double TPs.
Which hotel in Manchester & London did you go for ? Presumably with accessibility to/from the airport as your primary requirement.

Would this definitely get 640 TPs or are only the MAN- LHR/LHR- SOF/ SOF-LHR/LHR-MAN legs getting the double TPS with the LHR-MAN & MAN-LHR legs bracketing it all only getting single TPs (40+40) ?

Sorry for all the questions 💚
Cheers.

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Jan 13, 2024 at 1:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.