Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2024, 1:46 pm

Im planning to travel UK-USA from 15-26 Oct. The double TPs will bring me past the 2500 TP mark to get a GUF2, with a tier point collection end year of 8 Nov.

The T&Cs obviously say 14 working days, so I might not see the bonus TPs till after 8 Nov. Will I still be retrospectively awarded the GUF2 without (much) dispute?

Or will it be safer to move the trip 1 week earlier?
Old Jan 28, 2024, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by samunique
I’m planning to travel UK-USA from 15-26 Oct. The double TPs will bring me past the 2500 TP mark to get a GUF2, with a tier point collection end year of 8 Nov.

The T&Cs obviously say 14 working days, so I might not see the bonus TPs till after 8 Nov. Will I still be retrospectively awarded the GUF2 without (much) dispute?

Or will it be safer to move the trip 1 week earlier?
Yes, the TPs will be awarded to the year the flights are flown.
The key part of the T&Cs:
The initial transaction will be updated when the additional Tier Points due as a result of this promotion are added to the standard Tier Points.

You may have to call to get your status updated correctly but you shouldn't get any push-back.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by JapesUK
Thats still valid, you are only leaving the UK once
Just curious - I hadn't factored this into my flights but could I do:
  • Day 1 LHR-MAN/EDI/etc - NO hotel or car
  • Day 2 MAN/EDI/etc-LHR
    • Plus a same day connection on Day 2: LHR-(place that earns 80 TPs one way) with a 5 day car hire/hotel hire
  • Day 7: (place that earns 80 TPs one way)-LHR
    • Plus a same day connection back to MAN/EDI/etc - NO hotel or car
  • Day 8: MAN/EDI/etc-LHR - NO hotel or car
For a total of 320 TPs doubled to 640 TPs?
Is there anything I should watch out for when booking this type of itinerary?
Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 28, 2024, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by dreamingbeyond
Just curious - I hadn't factored this into my flights but could I do:
  • Day 1 LHR-MAN/EDI/etc - NO hotel or car
  • Day 2 MAN/EDI/etc-LHR
    • Plus a same day connection on Day 2: LHR-(place that earns 80 TPs one way) with a 5 day car hire/hotel hire
  • Day 7: (place that earns 80 TPs one way)-LHR
    • Plus a same day connection back to MAN/EDI/etc - NO hotel or car
  • Day 8: MAN/EDI/etc-LHR - NO hotel or car
For a total of 320 TPs doubled to 640 TPs?
Is there anything I should watch out for when booking this type of itinerary?
Thanks in advance!
This sounds perfectly valid per the current T&C's; bear in mind the hotel/car hire could be in the UK as well. Also it doesn't all have to be at once, in case you wanted to split it between UK and abroad for instance.

But you may struggle to book anything of this nature. The online custom tool is highly temperamental and the phone team have been told (according to an internal directive that was read to me) not to sell packages with more than 6 "flight journeys".

AIUI these are the constituent searches you'd need to enter into ITA Matrix or BA to get your desired flights (inc. connections) to appear, e.g. EDI-SOF. For this particular suggestion you should be able to do it in 4 "flight journeys" but it very much depends on what the system will allow or come up with.
dreamingbeyond likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 1:49 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Any recent experiences of chasing double TPs via the email address? Put in a request 10 days ago and havent heard anything
remaxmac and Nikprob like this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 1:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Any recent experiences of chasing double TPs via the email address? Put in a request 10 days ago and haven’t heard anything
I don't have any recent experience.
It seemed that everything was posting automatically very well up until the start of the year and it sounds like things have fallen down a bit since then.
There are a few reports above of people waiting for bonus TPs.

Have you tried: [email protected] ?
Or just call the GGL line, they will pass it along to the appropriate team.
lorcancoyle likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 2:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Any recent experiences of chasing double TPs via the email address? Put in a request 10 days ago and havent heard anything
I haven't got mine yet (5 days car hire+ flights ex lhr),today is day 14. So I'll need to chase them likewise.
​​​​People shouldn't really need to be chasing these,it's not a good look for BA
Please keep us updated
lorcancoyle and remaxmac like this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 3:49 am

My experience chasing double tier points has not been good and is still ongoing. Emailed the address shown on this thread -no response. Emailed GGL and they could immediately see only half double tier points had posted. The missing half double tier points posted for my wife but mine have not yet posted and I am still chasing with GGL.
lorcancoyle likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
As above - nearly 4 weeks from inbound flight and no bonus tier points awarded. Have completed the form and sent an email. May try phoning if still no joy. Shouldnt be such a challenge but this isnt any IT system - this is a BA IT system
Old Jan 30, 2024, 5:52 am

Apologies if this has been asked before, I have skimmed through this years and last years thread and not found anything.

We are going to Denver (flight + car) next month for 2 weeks and my wife will stay on for an additional week. We will book the BA holiday (flight+car) in her name as she's there longer, and she will qualify for the double tier points promotion. We're booking an Avis car and so the partner (me) is an automatic additional driver. My question is will I be able to claim for the double tier points as I'm there for 2 weeks and will have 2 weeks of car hire car ( as additional driver) ?
1. Will it be a simple "computer says no" as my booking reference will be different to my wifes.
2. Beg and see if they will accept it.
3. Not take the chance and I do a separate flight + car booking for my two weeks and then my wife does her flight + car booking but books a car just for the last week of her holiday. She then picks up a new hire car when she drops me off at the airport and I hand my hire car back in.

We've done number 3 a few times now but just wondering if we need to do it as it's a bit of a pain.

Thanks for any help.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by IahDenFlyer
Apologies if this has been asked before, I have skimmed through this years and last years thread and not found anything.

We are going to Denver (flight + car) next month for 2 weeks and my wife will stay on for an additional week. We will book the BA holiday (flight+car) in her name as she's there longer, and she will qualify for the double tier points promotion. We're booking an Avis car and so the partner (me) is an automatic additional driver. My question is will I be able to claim for the double tier points as I'm there for 2 weeks and will have 2 weeks of car hire car ( as additional driver) ?
1. Will it be a simple "computer says no" as my booking reference will be different to my wifes.
2. Beg and see if they will accept it.
3. Not take the chance and I do a separate flight + car booking for my two weeks and then my wife does her flight + car booking but books a car just for the last week of her holiday. She then picks up a new hire car when she drops me off at the airport and I hand my hire car back in.

We've done number 3 a few times now but just wondering if we need to do it as it's a bit of a pain.

Thanks for any help.
You can't have a car hire booking in more than 1 lead name. Therefore while you can do option 1, only your wife will qualify for double tier points.(as you're both returning on separate dates)

Option 3 (your flights for 2 weeks + 2 weeks car) and another (your wife for 3 weeks flights + 1 week car) will satisfy double tier points for both passengers.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Jan 30, 2024 at 7:45 am
Old Jan 30, 2024, 6:44 am

Programs: British Airways
I'm slightly confused with this. My gf and I have had several fight/car BAH and both of us have always received double TP's.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 6:57 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by deanrw
I'm slightly confused with this. My gf and I have had several fight/car BAH and both of us have always received double TP's.
You were on one booking (arriving / departing on the same flights) so its not an issue. The question above deals with a couple who cannot be on the same booking.
BA or bust, 1Aturnleft and deanrw like this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 10:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I used the email address which I mentioned in post #292 successfully.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Earthman
I haven't got mine yet (5 days car hire+ flights ex lhr),today is day 14. So I'll need to chase them likewise.
​​​​People shouldn't really need to be chasing these,it's not a good look for BA
Please keep us updated
Agreed they should post promptly without chasing, but unless you are in a hurry I would save your time and just wait another week or 2. I have had the bonus points correctly post as late as 4 weeks after the return flight, without any chasing.
sayling likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.