Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2024, 6:03 am

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Originally Posted by crazy8534
Yes the GGL team can direct your query to the best people. I would just mention that I was half expecting a bonus to post at the end of last week myself and nothing did, plus we normally get a run of posts on here when they run the bonus algorithm and nobody has mentioned it. I know you are over 14 working days but its still possible they will post automatically this week anyway. Well within your rights to start chasing though.
I had thought to wait until Wednesday due to Easter not counting for the 14 working days! Thanks for your assistance. I shall report back once I receive something from BA.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by c1223
What are your check-in and check-out dates?

For your arrival day your check-in day will be the day the flight departs (because otherwise you'll have a shock when you arrive at the hotel around midnight and your room isn't available until 3pm the next day). So ignore the late time of arrival.

For your departure day, I assume you'll check out the morning of your flight. So the important bit is how many days are between your arrival and departure day.
Thanks. Indeed - the hotel is booked from the day of arrival not 3pm the following day. Check out would be technically just before midnight but this night is also paid for.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by flarmip
That's not a problem in either case. The requirement is for the hotel or car hire to be booked for 5 nights (i.e. for the booking to 'tick over' midnight 5 times), and for it to be used in full. The hotel aren't going to report the exact check-in or check-out time to BA - at most they would report if you were a complete no-show (and even then, most hotels wouldn't bother).

In any event, if you are promised double Tier Points when booking, from a consumer rights (and contractual) perspective you cannot be penalised for being unable to uphold your end of the bargain because of something BA (or their codeshare partners) do, e.g. if the flight runs late or is cancelled.
That is good to know. I was wondering if the hotels report exact times back but thought that this is not very likely. It stated very clearly that the booking falls under the double Tier Point promotion.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by JapesUK
As others have already noted, this should not be an issue. If you are concerned with the checkout being pre-midnight then simply do not check out, just leave the property.
I am glad that this should not be an issue. Good advice about simply not checking out. Thank you.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 1:01 pm

Thanks for the responses to my questions earlier. Am now going round in circles on BA.

I want to book two flights in two different classes, then either a hotel for 5 nights or car hire to start on day two. No matter what I try I cannot get it to give me a deposit option.

I can if I dont do two different classes or if I have the car/hotel for the full duration. We wont be able to get the car until the 2nd day.

Am I asking too much of the system?
Old Apr 8, 2024, 1:35 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC electrum
Originally Posted by Kjwesty
It appears so. If you book a bog standard there and back again, the interface seems to give you the deposit only option. For anything more complicated e.g. Open Jaw, difference classes etc etc it will likely baulk and default to payment in full. Many booking that would seem to qualify and do in the end count as BAH bookings seem to generate this issue. You may have to ring up if you really want to book with deposit only.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
Thanks for the responses to my questions earlier. Am now going round in circles on BA.

I want to book two flights in two different classes, then either a hotel for 5 nights or car hire to start on day two. No matter what I try I cannot get it to give me a deposit option.

I can if I don’t do two different classes or if I have the car/hotel for the full duration. We won’t be able to get the car until the 2nd day.

What are the two different classes you are trying to book?

Usually with a flight only booking you get the option of the flight class selected on the Home Screen, plus the one/two above, i.e. for LH select economy and you get shown WT, WTP and CW, select WTP and you get shown WTP, CW and F, select CW and you get shown CW and F.

If you go through the process of booking flights only in two separate classes, selecting your outbound and return, the next screen is titled “Booking Summary” and the first line states “Review your flights” under a link “< Back to flight selection”. On this page if you scroll down you are shown one flight + hotel and one flight + car price with the links “View all flight + hotels” and “View all flight + cars”.

If you click those links you’re moved over to a BAHs page, the flight times and classes stick and you have a selection of cars/hotels to choose from. You then get the option to pay a deposit once you’ve finalised your choice of hotel/car and it’ll be a BAHs booking.

Doing this the dates for your car hire/hotel will be in line with your flights and I don’t think there’s to option to have them for only part of your stay using this method.

Going directly to the BAHs page or using the book a flight + hotel/car options doesn’t allow mixed flight classes.

If you can’t get your mixed classes to show up as bookable as a flight only booking then I suspect you’ll have to phone to book.
stifle likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by GlasgowBlue
What are the two different classes you are trying to book?

Usually with a flight only booking you get the option of the flight class selected on the Home Screen, plus the one/two above, i.e. for LH select economy and you get shown WT, WTP and CW, select WTP and you get shown WTP, CW and F, select CW and you get shown CW and F.

If you go through the process of booking flights only in two separate classes, selecting your outbound and return, the next screen is titled Booking Summary and the first line states Review your flights under a link < Back to flight selection. On this page if you scroll down you are shown one flight + hotel and one flight + car price with the links View all flight + hotels and View all flight + cars.

If you click those links youre moved over to a BAHs page, the flight times and classes stick and you have a selection of cars/hotels to choose from. You then get the option to pay a deposit once youve finalised your choice of hotel/car and itll be a BAHs booking.

Doing this the dates for your car hire/hotel will be in line with your flights and I dont think theres to option to have them for only part of your stay using this method.

Going directly to the BAHs page or using the book a flight + hotel/car options doesnt allow mixed flight classes.

If you cant get your mixed classes to show up as bookable as a flight only booking then I suspect youll have to phone to book.
hi thanks. Im doing all of that so at least Im not going mad! Im looking fir F out and CW back. I can select the flights, then amend the dates of hotel or car to part of the trip but it asks for the full amount. If I select a car or hotel for the whole trip I get the deposit option. If I keep the flights in the same class, then I seem to be able to play around with the dates and still have the deposit option.

I wondered why another trip I booked let me do it with mixed class - but realised its with a hotel for the full stay!
GlasgowBlue likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 9:30 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
hi thanks. Im doing all of that so at least Im not going mad! Im looking fir F out and CW back. I can select the flights, then amend the dates of hotel or car to part of the trip but it asks for the full amount. If I select a car or hotel for the whole trip I get the deposit option. If I keep the flights in the same class, then I seem to be able to play around with the dates and still have the deposit option.

I wondered why another trip I booked let me do it with mixed class - but realised its with a hotel for the full stay!
BAH will only let you book same class trips online. Anything more complicated requires a phone call, where they can easily arrange. This was explained to me when I tried to do the same a few years back. Dont bother trying to do online. You will drive yourself loopy.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 6:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Bangkok now forcing Gatwick, I want Heathrow on QR

I have an existing BA holidays booking on deposit basis for December 2024.

Trying to book (almost) the same holiday but when I try for the dates I want it tells me there are no flights on those days and pushes me to the nearest available LGW-BKK direct flights which I dont want.

I am already booked on QR sectors on BA codes out from LHR on 3 December and back on 13 December and want to book the additional two people on the same flights.

Does anyone know a workaround to this, whilst keeping it as a BAH for both deposit and double TPs purposes?

Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2024, 11:21 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC electrum
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
I have an existing BA holidays booking on deposit basis for December 2024.

Trying to book (almost) the same holiday but when I try for the dates I want it tells me there are no flights on those days and pushes me to the nearest available LGW-BKK direct flights which I dont want.

I am already booked on QR sectors on BA codes out from LHR on 3 December and back on 13 December and want to book the additional two people on the same flights.

Does anyone know a workaround to this, whilst keeping it as a BAH for both deposit and double TPs purposes?

Thanks!
The online tool can be tricky.
Try using the multicity tool to book the flights via DOH explicitly.
If that doesn't work you will probably have to call.

It is possible that the lowest fare basis for the DOH flights has sold out and will cost a lot more now than they did when you booked the first seats, so that could be one reason why the flights aren't showing.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by DeathSlam
The online tool can be tricky.
Try using the multicity tool to book the flights via DOH explicitly.
If that doesn't work you will probably have to call.

It is possible that the lowest fare basis for the DOH flights has sold out and will cost a lot more now than they did when you booked the first seats, so that could be one reason why the flights aren't showing.
Could it also be related to BA starting up flights to BKK again, when that wasn't the case when the original flights were booked?
flygirl68 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 8:51 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by flashware
Could it also be related to BA starting up flights to BKK again, when that wasn't the case when the original flights were booked?
I think this is most likely - it also unfortunately reduces the possibility of benefitting from massive double tier point bonuses for this destination.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Data point - TPs from booking prior to Sept 23 T+C changes

Just had double TPs post today from a multi city Flight and hotel booking, made before the T+C changes which disqualified any trips with multiple departures from UK. Completed trip on 23 March, Double TPs posted today (10 April) with no chasing.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by firstlight
I think this is most likely - it also unfortunately reduces the possibility of benefitting from massive double tier point bonuses for this destination.
It was nice while it lasted though (and lasts.. until October)!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.