Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Long Haul Etiquette Question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2023, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Are you serious?

No, the First class cabin should be for First class passengers only.
It's always the J passenger going up to F isn't it. Why can't the F pax join their friend in the Club kitchen? Or even the rear galley in Y if having a drink with them is so important?
Old Mar 22, 2023, 12:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
We have nothing to throw!
Dont you get given crayons or something?

Or Pretzels??? Or are they too valuable now....
gliderpilot likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 12:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Magic01273
Dont you get given crayons or something?

Or Pretzels??? Or are they too valuable now....
My business partner flew J long haul about a year ago and said the only thing in the "Club Kitchen" was potato chips. In my experience, chips are hard to throw.
dcmike and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
Originally Posted by jwhite9185
It's always the J passenger going up to F isn't it. Why can't the F pax join their friend in the Club kitchen? Or even the rear galley in Y if having a drink with them is so important?
I’m going to invite a Y pax to hang out with me in F to be even more blasphemous.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 1:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wutlol
I’m going to invite a Y pax to hang out with me in F to be even more blasphemous.
Perhaps you can get them into a shower facility before the flight, so that they don't stink enough to attract attention.
dcmike and babyg_wc like this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by AbZorba
If you must see someone from another cabin, go for a walk down the plane yourself.
Originally Posted by jwhite9185
I’m not sure these are reasonable solutions either, why should those in Y who already have limited space have to put up with people who aren’t in their cabin congregating? It’s bad enough when people in Y do it.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 1:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by champignon
My business partner flew J long haul about a year ago and said the only thing in the "Club Kitchen" was potato chips. In my experience, chips are hard to throw.
I’ve done four LH Club flights this year and the Club kitchen has had various soft drinks, wine, champagne, sandwiches, salads, puddings, shortbread biscuits, crisps and chocolate. Apart from the crisps (could lob the packet I guess) all of those could be thrown.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 2:50 pm

"Food items on board a BA flight suitable for throwing" is not a topic I envisioned ever starting. Well done me.

Actually, I can blame HIDDY. Always useful.
gliderpilot and Vaterland like this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 2:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adrianlondon
"Food items on board a BA flight suitable for throwing" is not a topic I envisioned ever starting. Well done me.

Actually, I can blame HIDDY. Always useful.
I would throw those splits of Nicky Foo; you certainly wouldn't want to drink the stuff, unless you could add something with the ability to hide that disinfectant like taste.

Finally found a use for this stuff
dcmike likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamestg
I’m not sure these are reasonable solutions either, why should those in Y who already have limited space have to put up with people who aren’t in their cabin congregating? It’s bad enough when people in Y do it.
Well, it's an issue of numbers. You could get the entire F cabin to visit Y and nobody would really notice. The opposite is definitely not true.
bafan and AbZorba like this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by Magic01273
Lionel however had the good grace to book his lackey in F, where he could presumably keep an eye on him. Lionel was behind me in 2A however, since he knew his place.
Oh-oh, what a feeling!
Old Mar 22, 2023, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
This is actually where an onboard bar / seated area does work - flew QR F A380 recently, with the bar behind J. F pax can venture back to the bar, as can J; F can order F drinks on demand, else hang out with fellow (or unknown) J pax.
dcmike likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 4:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by wutlol
Cattle class passengers are more than welcome.

PETER01 likes this.

Last edited by HIDDY; Mar 22, 2023 at 5:38 pm
Old Mar 22, 2023, 5:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seanp7
This is actually where an onboard bar / seated area does work - flew QR F A380 recently, with the bar behind J. F pax can venture back to the bar, as can J; F can order F drinks on demand, else hang out with fellow (or unknown) J pax.
I hope they have seatbelts on those bar seats.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 5:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Cattle class passengers are more than welcome.

Is that a crack pipe that farmer is smoking?
HIDDY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.