Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Soho Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways and American Airlines Soho Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2023, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
For reference, this was the food buffet last Sunday. And yes — immigration was a mess and global entry was disorganized as they only had three machines going.

Pretty picked over.

Broken since day one.
Broken since day one? I'm guessing there's no money in the budget to promptly fix it.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
Broken since day one? I'm guessing there's no money in the budget to promptly fix it.
Thereabouts. I have a photo from mid-December with the screen flashing out of order (and no wines in the dispenser).
camdentown likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 3:41 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
The coffee machine has been working every time I've been in there.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 4:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I was in there yesterday and it wasn’t working. In the half dozen times I’ve been in there this year I’d say it’s been 50/50. The reality is that one machine in a lounge that size isn’t sufficient.

Showers closed due to lack of towels has also been a problem.

It’s all very ‘premium’!
Old Apr 29, 2023, 5:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Didn’t expect any different

ryanbriar likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 10:23 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
In the 8ish times I’ve been there this year, I’ve found ordering cocktails from the QR code never works (as opposed to food, which has seemingly always worked this year), and have always had to go to the bar to order drinks. I’m guessing that’s why your order didn’t go through. Still, if they offer QR code cocktail ordering, and it literally never works, what’s the point?
Old Apr 30, 2023, 10:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
They're probably still looking for the Worchestershire sauce
ExpatExp likes this.
Old May 5, 2023, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Coffee machine still broken, as is the one in Greenwich.

There are crisps, nuts, popcorn, chocolate pretzels and edamame nuts.

No glasses for soft drinks. Only cups and wine glasses.

The staff in the blue checked sports jackets throw me off. Hard to tell they're staff

Burger and fries the same as in Chelsea.

Other food mostly the same as Greenwich, just presented differently.

A good 20mins or so so far after ordering food from the menu. Only seen one plate brought out during that time.
Lounge not that full. 40-50 people?

Added: gave up after 40 mins and went to Greenwich. Seems to be 20x more staff there.
Seems to be no way of providing negative feedback.

Last edited by xenole; May 5, 2023 at 1:22 pm
Old May 6, 2023, 4:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by xenole
No glasses for soft drinks. Only cups and wine glasses..
The tall glassware for sodas is across from the self serve wine bar. They have a strawberry/lemon ice water or fruit water urn there and glassware is on the right side. But it is way too hard to find. Over all I like the lounge, I’ve been through a hand full of times, as NYC is only a few flights a year stop for me and, admittedly I’m an easy to please lounge lizard. Cheers!
Old May 27, 2023, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
This thread definitely doesn't get enough attention, unlike the Chelsea thread. Has anyone been here lately? Any improvements?
Genius1 likes this.
Old May 28, 2023, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci des Transports de Navette
Originally Posted by lsquare
This thread definitely doesn't get enough attention, unlike the Chelsea thread. Has anyone been here lately? Any improvements?
I was in there 2 weeks ago and they had no tonic water for the 3/4 glass full of Tanqueray 10 that had been poured out. Had to settle for orange juice after nearly getting the diet coke poured in it that I ordered for my wife.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 28, 2023, 5:57 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Was last there this past Wednesday. Non-working wifi and barely any cellphone reception made ordering food off the QR code menu quite difficult. Oh, and the menu is exactly the same as December minus the shepherds pie. It took over 10 minutes for them to restock the forks and knives at the buffet, no glassware was available for the canned water, but at least the whisk(e)y selection remains pretty great 🙃
Old Jun 5, 2023, 8:34 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Originally Posted by OddJobMan
I was in there 2 weeks ago and they had no tonic water for the 3/4 glass full of Tanqueray 10 that had been poured out. Had to settle for orange juice after nearly getting the diet coke poured in it that I ordered for my wife.
They seem to remain permanently out of tonic, a major disaster for those who enjoy a g&t before their flight and certainly not a lounge catering to British passengers. A first world problem but still a major one in my eyes.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 4:44 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
I unexpectedly made my first visit to JFK since the new lounges opened after my early morning flight from EWR was cancelled. I dropped in at Soho for a 6am breakfast.
I was expecting to be underwhelmed but was actually hugely impressed. There's a good buffet spread and made-to-order options via a QR code menu (fried eggs, bacon sandwich etc). I wasn't alone in enjoying the food apparently: a chap at a neighbouring table had 2 trips to the buffet + a dish from the a la carte

I really liked the lounge itself. It's well-decorated, light and spacious with good quality furnishings. I could easily imagine spending a while there. Much more so than say the tatty zoo which is GF at T5.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 5:01 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by xenole
They're probably still looking for the Worchestershire sauce
They still haven't worked out how to spell it correctly?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.