Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Soho Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways and American Airlines Soho Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2023, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by David_Doyle
Summary - for new, much hyped lounges the new facilities at JFK just don't impress me at all. I should try Greenwich on the next visit to see how that is, but on this experience I wouldn't be bothering to make an effort to get to the airport early. In my opinon there are some real missed opportunities and a lack of attention to detail that add up to a downgrade on the facilities that were previously available.
Greenwich was sufficiently bad last month for me to book my trip this month with Delta. I thought I would try out the Centurion Lounge and the Skyclub. I am sufficiently shallow that the lounge amenities and the pre-flight dining mattered to me.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Going for round 2 with the Soho lounge this afternoon.

If anyone has any questions feel free to shoot!
jjLDNY likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 6:28 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Hey all,

Anyone know if the QR code food menu is the same as last month?
Old Feb 6, 2023, 7:31 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
It was fish, chips and mushy peas on Saturday, can't remember what the other options were. Delivered in a few mins, not the 15 it stated.

Took three people to decide if my aa bp that said emerald was good enough to let me in. When I said ba gold I was pointed to Greenwich, so they discussed it some more and eventually decided I could enter Soho.

Nice and quiet at lunchtime, well, not busy I should say. It's the same as Chelsea it seems. Someone talking at one end if the room can be heard from anywhere.

Four people waiting for the lift this time, until I pressed the button.
jjLDNY likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 8:21 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by chistery
It was fish, chips and mushy peas on Saturday, can't remember what the other options were. Delivered in a few mins, not the 15 it stated.

Took three people to decide if my aa bp that said emerald was good enough to let me in. When I said ba gold I was pointed to Greenwich, so they discussed it some more and eventually decided I could enter Soho.

Nice and quiet at lunchtime, well, not busy I should say. It's the same as Chelsea it seems. Someone talking at one end if the room can be heard from anywhere.

Four people waiting for the lift this time, until I pressed the button.
Ooof, so sounds like the same menu of fish n chips, butternut squash curry, and burgers remain, oh well. Interesting you had issues with getting access as a non-AA/AS OWE. I had no problems last month, but there does seem to be some variance reported. You’d think by month three access issues would be fully hammered out and all staff would know the (pretty simple imho) access rules, but guess not!
Old Feb 12, 2023, 7:41 pm

Had breakfast here. There were I think 4 dishes to order to table. I had the avocado toast with a fried egg and bacon roll. There was an omelette and 1-2 others I've forgotten. Champagne was Piper Heidsieck. Found the lounge very nice, much better than GF at T5 which is the equivalent lounge for Golds.
Toilet sinks are designed very weirdly.
ijgordon, ryanbriar and jjLDNY like this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 8:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
My first time in here on Sunday. I’m so sick of the Chelsea that I didn’t even bother trying to argue about getting in there ahead of my flight to ORD

The natural light and the phone booths are a big plus on the Chelsea. The staff, food, drinks and acoustics are just as bad.

Nothing quite prepared me for the gents loos. I honestly thought I’d seen the worst public bathroom in history in the Chelsea but the sinks and urinals in Soho look even more ridiculous. Mid-spaced, chaotic, bizarre fittings, no logical arrangement and devoid of any symmetry or aesthetic, they are the worst design I have seen on anything anywhere in a very long time. The pics I took honestly don’t justice to how absurd they appear…..

MaxFlyer, haroon145, KARFA and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 8:51 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
What on earth is that tap arrangement all about? I assume one is a soap dispenser?
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 8:59 am

I have no idea what the gold sticky out bars are for.... The smaller metallic tap is for soap. The larger tap is water (too high, splashes everywhere).
Koru Flyer and HFHFFlyer like this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 9:03 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Soap, water, hot air (so if the water tap didn't get you, the hot air will have another go at blowing it over your trousers)
HFHFFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 9:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
The gold taps do indeed blow dirty water all over your face and clothes. If you are not into the special dryer treatment then you can use the “other sinks” which appear to have been inserted as an after thought and are plain white and stick out at either end. They do not have driers disguised as taps. Instead, they are next to wall dryers and towel dispensers. The sink at one end has one such device, the sink at the other end has two (different models, not level and unevenly spaced, so you don’t miss them).

you see. It’s easy once you’ve worked it all out.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 9:58 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
My first time in here on Sunday. I’m so sick of the Chelsea that I didn’t even bother trying to argue about getting in there ahead of my flight to ORD

The natural light and the phone booths are a big plus on the Chelsea. The staff, food, drinks and acoustics are just as bad.

Nothing quite prepared me for the gents loos. I honestly thought I’d seen the worst public bathroom in history in the Chelsea but the sinks and urinals in Soho look even more ridiculous. Mid-spaced, chaotic, bizarre fittings, no logical arrangement and devoid of any symmetry or aesthetic, they are the worst design I have seen on anything anywhere in a very long time. The pics I took honestly don’t justice to how absurd they appear…..
Looks to me that someone decided to play SIMS interior design with the toilets. I am wondering which company designed all this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by ermis177
Looks to me that someone decided to play SIMS interior design with the toilets. I am wondering which company designed all this.
you’re being very generous with your use of the word “design” but I’d like to know too, so I can make sure my firm never hires them to do anything!!
wrp96 and ermis177 like this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm in the Soho right now, but it was a bit of a struggle.

I'm BA Gold (OW Emerald) and the first agent told me that her computer was telling her "No". But she said it was her first day and she didn't know what the various statuses mean or what the lounge rules are so she passed me on to a colleague.

Her colleague's computer also said "No" butNthe colleague said it didn't "sound right" so consulted another colleague who assured her that, no matter what the computer says, I do get access. And I was in.

Now, the AA app is telling me that it's 65 minutes to gate 14, via the train. I'm sure that it's just downstairs.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 3:52 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Misco60
I'm in the Soho right now, but it was a bit of a struggle.

I'm BA Gold (OW Emerald) and the first agent told me that her computer was telling her "No". But she said it was her first day and she didn't know what the various statuses mean or what the lounge rules are so she passed me on to a colleague.

Her colleague's computer also said "No" butNthe colleague said it didn't "sound right" so consulted another colleague who assured her that, no matter what the computer says, I do get access. And I was in.

Now, the AA app is telling me that it's 65 minutes to gate 14, via the train. I'm sure that it's just downstairs.
Have you checked your flight isn't from Gate 14 at EWR? That would appear to explain a lot of the above scenario!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.