Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Soho Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2022, 5:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

Today, Thursday 1 December 2022, sees the opening of the new BA and AA Soho Lounge in John F Kennedy Airport, New York, Terminal 8. This continues on from the First Lounge in Terminal 7, which has now closed.

Location: Terminal 8 JFK. It is airside, in the main terminal building, confusingly known as Concourse B, with the satellite terminal being Concourse C. The location is near but above gate 20. If coming from the main TSA security area, go forward then right at Bobby Van's Grill.

Opening hours: 04:30 hrs to 00:30 hrs - 7 days a week,

Access rules:
1) Those eligible for Chelsea lounge access (see separate thread)
2) BA Gold and other oneworld Emerald cardholders (except AA Emeralds, unless as below)
3) AA Emeralds on Flagship routes, not necessarily travelling in Flagship First
4) AA Concierge Key members
5) First Class ticketholders on oneworld airlines other than AA and BA.

Facilities
Buffet
Snacks
Drinks
WCs
Showers
Rest areas
Wheelchair access
Runway views

Useful links
BA & AA JFK T8 joint operations to begin Dec 2022
particularly from post 160 onwards.

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8
Old Dec 1, 2022, 5:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Admin note: this thread is work in progress, since it's day one of operations. Any information, photos, impressions most welcome.
LCSinTexas and m8_rotate like this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 6:51 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Minor correction, assuming that this lounge follows standard One World First class lounge admittance rules (which it seems to), the exceptions for AA elites will also apply to AS elites as well.

It may also make sense to indicate somewhere that this is a standard OneWorld First Class lounge, since many of us have already internalized those rules.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Acidity
Minor correction, assuming that this lounge follows standard One World First class lounge admittance rules (which it seems to), the exceptions for AA elites will also apply to AS elites as well.
I think that’s correct and the exception is “US based FFPs” rather than AA specifically (same for the other two lounges)

Last edited by orbitmic; Dec 1, 2022 at 8:50 am
Old Dec 2, 2022, 10:04 am

Looking forward to visiting the lounge in a couple of hours. I’ll report back…
Old Dec 2, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
We'll be there this evening so if anyone has anything they want us to check out then please let me know!
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by acearchie
We'll be there this evening so if anyone has anything they want us to check out then please let me know!
The standard BA forum request of a report on the champagne, wine and spirits offering!

Oh, and I suppose the food as well ….. 😁
crazyarmadillo and crazy8534 like this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 12:28 pm

Flying AA or BA?
Old Dec 2, 2022, 12:32 pm

AA but it was needed to get the LHR arrival!
andymcdonnell likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 1:00 pm

AA but it was needed to get the LHR arrival!
Flying AA100 myself, 3D
Old Dec 2, 2022, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by krispy84
The standard BA forum request of a report on the champagne, wine and spirits offering!

Oh, and I suppose the food as well ….. 😁
Will be sure to share!

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Flying AA100 myself, 3D
BA1517 for us, wish I was up in the single digits! We're back in row 33, still happy that enough economy flying has got me to gold!
Old Dec 2, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Acidity

It may also make sense to indicate somewhere that this is a standard OneWorld First Class lounge, since many of us have already internalized those rules.
Agree. Status quo for us AA / AS OWEs based on the AA / OW pages. The “flagship” marketing item seems to be another way of saying long haul OW flights.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 2:12 pm

Hoping these load… not impressed by the food
layz, EuropeanPete, JAXBA and 5 others like this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Ugh, it's the American pot "roast" (boiled/stewed to death) and not actual roasted with golden brown crispy edges. I had my hopes up when I saw the menu.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by JAXBA
Ugh, it's the American pot "roast" (boiled/stewed to death) and not actual roasted with golden brown crispy edges. I had my hopes up when I saw the menu.
At first glance I thought they were olives
JAXBA, bafan, T8191 and 5 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.