Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long-haul catering changes: announcement on 12 July

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long-haul catering changes: announcement on 12 July

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Very good of MFCC (thank you 👍 ) to provide this summary.

So if I have interpreted the info correctly, CW passengers - who in recent months (or for even longer) have had most cause for dissatisfaction - can now look forward to nothing more than the addition of a hot towel and (possibly ….. based on past history, even in ‘normal’ times) some decent snacks in the Club Kitchen ; but, for main meals, there will be no improvement in the quality / variety / presentation …….. until some unknown & distant future date.

The changes in First sound to me like the sort of basics which are to be expected ‘as standard’ in a top cabin at all times - not least within the context of current F class fare levels.
Cw novice likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:39 am

Shame they’re not bringing back pre-ordering in First.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There are CW content changes planned, this question was asked.
Whilst the one tray service will remain in Club World, can we expect to see a refresh of the menu options as per other cabins”
Answer.
Club World is going to follow through very soon - stay tuned. Thanks Sajida Ismail Head of Inflight Products.
orbitmic, RoyalSwazi, JTXC and 4 others like this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Last time someone followed through on my CW flight it wasn't a pleasant experience.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:52 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
As for the noise in this topic, that’s due to the number of “contributions” from the forum’s serial complainers. Instead of trying to disparage those who are sharing information with us we should be thanking Can I help you for his constructive, informative and knowledgeable contributions to the forums over many, many years.
Well said. He just muddled up 12 and 21 - this is an easy mistake when you reach his age.

Since some of our newer Bretheren have run off with the idea that we come to Flyertalk to exchange insults - please bear in mind that you can only be rude to your friends and that anyone sniping at him gets me and my hairbrush for good measure.

I do not think that there are many airline Fora who have had such a valuable asset. BA were absolutely asinine to let him and his like go. You do nor get many Can I help you 's to the pound.

Right that's run through the £20 he gave me for posting that - now I want a G&T this side of Christmas SVP.

Seriously Boys and Girls keep on bltching to BA about this one tray service nonsense, Cauliflower Starters (perfect for giving the entire cabin flatulence) , two sad bits of cheese and bin bag as opposed to bin end wines. I bet they do not serve that mouthwash in the Director's Dining room at Watercress House. Premium cabin indeed - my Aunt Fanny!
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

You have such a way with words Pucci, shame your hands aren’t as quite as clever.😉
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Can I help you
You have such a way with words Pucci, shame your hands aren’t as quite as clever.😉
I think the lady is waiting for you in her office for a “friendly” discussion after forum discussion!
PUCCI GALORE and wrp96 like this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I think the lady is waiting for you in her office for a “friendly” discussion after forum discussion!
There is no way I’m ever going to get in arms reach of that lady, I still have the mark she left on me the last time. 😯
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
There is no way I’m ever going to get in arms reach of that lady, I still have the mark she left on me the last time. 😯
Serve you right! Now run and get me a Bombay and Slimline. Well go as quickly as you are able. See what orbitmic is having, We'll order dinner later.

Now that is how to get Premium Service - no point ringing the cal bell out of the ceiling.

Now all I have to do is to sort out British Airways and my work here is done. I suspect that this may be very Long Haul
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
See what orbitmic is having,
tonight I’m fixing rose essence and burnt lemon zest negronis… I’m not sure I’ll share my recipe with that CIHY mixologist of yours but I promise it’s good!
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:41 am

tonight I’m fixing rose essence and burnt lemon zest negronis… I’m not sure I’ll share my recipe with that CIHY mixologist of yours but I promise it’s good!
No. I suspect that his bar tendering days are extremely numbered - so I'll pop round yours and he can come and drive me home.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
No. I suspect that his bar tendering days are extremely numbered - so I'll pop round yours and he can come and drive me home.
i shall be delighted and have some darned good lemons and not that ba waxed and quasi stewed thing, so even accounting for my modest company compared to his unquestioned flamboyance, you shall be much better off!
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

i shall be delighted and have some darned good lemons and not that ba waxed and quasi stewed thing!
I warn you her suck is harder than her bite!
choosethedrew and orbitmic like this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
I’m trying to work out where this leaves World Traveller compared to pre-pandemic.

I think the second meal is roughly comparable. I think the shorter flights were previously a sandwich and something sweet, now that’s a hot snack with no mention of anything else. It’s hard to tell if the meal differs for the longer routes.

No mention of the Magnum returning though.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 5:17 pm

I’m pretty sure now First and WT/WT+ are back to full service now (bar magnums). I’d consider this a good announcement for all of us who frequent those cabins.

Also hopeful that this is just the beginning and we will also see improvements in Club World soon when they get the crew numbers up. I have a feeling October/November time.. but let’s see!

Overall, a positive announcement!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.