Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long-haul catering changes: announcement on 12 July

Long-haul catering changes: announcement on 12 July

Old Jul 13, 22, 3:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by chriswiles View Post
I love the way a lot of people liked this. I don't get the point of saying there was an internal announcement, nothing came, yet people are now liking this reply.

Sometimes - guys - this forum is very very cliquey if I'm honest.
We are always grateful when members share information that is not yet public knowledge, some of us learn information from reliable sources of pending changes to the service proposition. Just because no announcement has been made public doesn’t mean there was no announcement or that changes are not happening. It just means there is nothing that can be shared just yet.

As for the noise in this topic, that’s due to the number of “contributions” from the forum’s serial complainers. Instead of trying to disparage those who are sharing information with us we should be thanking Can I help you for his constructive, informative and knowledgeable contributions to the forums over many, many years.

Last edited by Tobias-UK; Jul 13, 22 at 3:43 am
Old Jul 13, 22, 3:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by chriswiles;34420986
Sometimes - guys - this forum is very very [b
clicky[/b] if I'm honest.
I fixed it for you. Edit I thought I did but the bolding didn't work 😞

Some comments display a sense of humour - others don't. Those comments which show a sense of humour usually get an up vote or two. CIHY no longer works for BA but obviously has still got contacts so is willing to share news if and when it happens. Don't blame him if occasionally he isn't able to deliver. Likewise it's not his fault if others like his comments.
davidcamp6 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 22, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by chriswiles View Post
I love the way a lot of people liked this. I don't get the point of saying there was an internal announcement, nothing came, yet people are now liking this reply.

Sometimes - guys - this forum is very very cliquey if I'm honest.
Come on, you just dont like it because you are out of step with everyone else! I dont care if Im liked or hated on here so Im not here for the adoration.
SK, Jimmie76, LeeT and 6 others like this.
Old Jul 13, 22, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
We are always grateful when members share information that is not yet public knowledge, some of us learn information from reliable sources of pending changes to the service proposition. Just because no announcement has been made public doesn’t mean there was no announcement or that changes are not happening. It just means there is nothing that can be shared just yet.

As for the noise in this topic, that’s due to the number of “contributions” from the forum’s serial complainers. Instead of trying to disparage those who are sharing information with us we should be thanking Can I help you for his constructive, informative and knowledgeable contributions to the forums over many, many years.
I think CIHY is an invaluable resource with many years of excellent contributions, who knows what may have happened with yesterdays proposed changes. Its not as if everything is running smoothly at the moment within BA!

However the bolded quote above I disagree with - too many forum regulars have a history of spending inordinate amount of time knocking posters who share factual non public information as the regulars dont think its realistic/impossible/they dont think it would happen etc etc - stating their disagreement during a thread and moving on appears to be beyond some.

Look at the recent AA/IB thread discussing the pending move away from T5. Saying "we are always grateful" is incorrect.
Old Jul 13, 22, 6:15 am

This thread has been viewed over twenty thousand times in less than ten days. It shows people's interest in potential changes, and comments seem to support this. The anticipation continues. For me, it has contributed to the fun of the forum.
Old Jul 13, 22, 8:12 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
They have enhanced the enhancement?
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Jul 13, 22, 12:26 pm

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post

Even American do it better and it galls me to say that.
theyve really upped their game lately. You can pre-order, courses are served separately and actually feel like a premium meal! Service has also greatly improved.
Old Jul 13, 22, 12:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AnaTravel View Post
This thread has been viewed over twenty thousand times in less than ten days. It shows people's interest in potential changes, and comments seem to support this. The anticipation continues. For me, it has contributed to the fun of the forum.
I keep seeing the thread at the top of page 1 and think ooh, the announcement has been made!.

The disappointment is real
Old Jul 13, 22, 2:03 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Gold
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer View Post
They have enhanced the enhancement?
probably severely delayed or cancelled as per BA flights at the moment.
Old Jul 14, 22, 7:40 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Personally, I think that Jet Blast is better....................
Old Jul 19, 22, 11:32 am

Programs: BAEC
So. I can gather nothing has come of this?
Old Jul 19, 22, 11:55 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by BXK_Oz View Post
Even if it has, trumpeting about its food would not be the most prudent of moves at a time when, in the eyes of the general public and the media, BA can barely get a flight away on time if at all.
swizzlest likes this.
Old Jul 19, 22, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by BXK_Oz View Post
To be honest I think the whole thread was quite presumptively and prematurely opened. There was an event for 15 crew members on July 12th taking them around Do & Cos site near LHR and it was mentioned in the internal comms to staff that theyd be showcasing enhancements to the service. It was never actually set in stone that there would be a July 12th PR announcement.

I suspect theyve recorded a glossy video with all bells and whistles (but actually not much substance) which will likely be released along with some comms over the coming weeks, perhaps when they can actually get more then 1 flight a day away on time as one of the above comments suggested!

If and when it is announced and if indeed it has any improvement, itll likely be launched in a phased manner over 6 months or something ridiculous. (Anyone remember the The White Company bedding rollout? Lol)

NB: This isnt meant to be a criticism of OP in any way but rather just sent to appropriately set out facts/expectations for all
Old Jul 19, 22, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
It was a potentially good call by CIHY, but sadly ... un-subscribing.

Wake me up or disinter me when the news finally breaks!
choosethedrew and PETER01 like this.
Old Jul 19, 22, 12:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by T8191 View Post
It was a potentially good call by CIHY,
It certainly was, an invaluable member of the BA Board who has contributed a huge amount for the benefit of people on here over the years and who only has the best interests of service to BA customers.

I'm sure through time more will be revealed, fingers crossed.

Search this Thread