Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long-haul catering changes: announcement on 12 July

Long-haul catering changes: announcement on 12 July

Old Jul 22, 22, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by TheMan123 View Post
I’m pretty sure now First and WT/WT+ are back to full service now (bar magnums). I’d consider this a good announcement for all of us who frequent those cabins.!
full service certainly but not exactly pre-Covid service for F: fewer choices of main course (and lower quality of main courses imo)
Old Jul 23, 22, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
full service certainly but not exactly pre-Covid service for F: fewer choices of main course (and lower quality of main courses imo)
I don’t know if it’s going to be lower quality but if you like a lamb shank orbitmic you are in luck?
choosethedrew and orbitmic like this.
Old Jul 23, 22, 10:53 am

Programs: BA GGL
I was talking to the crew on the 76J 77W last week and they said that they don’t even know where they would store more than a single tray CW service even if they had the extra 2 crew members.

Also, I noted the drinks trolley ‘galley’ in between the second and third J cabins. Apparently they have been given permission to serve warm white wine from that ‘galley’ now.

What I don’t understand is: who designed these 76J 77W layouts, and noting that this was designed for G-STBM/N/O/P initially (pre-covid!) when we had the proper club service were they out of their mind? Or was this a deliberate decision to maximise yield, reduce crew and in the process the CW service took a hit? And we’re just seeing what was a pre-meditated roll-out?

Hopefully someone will come along and tell me I’m being too cynical 🤨
bafan, SxMan and AnaTravel like this.
Old Jul 23, 22, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Foofighter69 View Post
Apparently they have been given permission to serve warm white wine from that ‘galley’ now.
Is that even a thing?
Old Jul 23, 22, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
I prefer a Grand Cru white Burgundy to be served at room temperature. Never had one on BA though.
ttama and SxMan like this.
Old Jul 23, 22, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
What I don’t understand is: who designed these 76J 77W layouts
People who like at many large corporate companies have absolutely no idea how it works on the shop floor and more concerned with posting rubbish on Yammer and making PowerPoints.
Old Jul 23, 22, 5:48 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club - Bronze, SQ KrisFlyer
What I don’t understand is: who designed these 76J 77W layouts
The same person who signed off on the A350 having no mid galley and the same person who signed off on the A320s having less galley space than a LCC.

Seats seats seats. Pax pax pax. Money money money.
Old Jul 23, 22, 6:54 pm

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by Speedbird676 View Post
The same person who signed off on the A350 having no mid galley and the same person who signed off on the A320s having less galley space than a LCC.

Seats seats seats. Pax pax pax. Money money money.
The A350 without mid galley is probably the silliest business decision ever made as evidenced by BA the only airline out there with this el cheapo galley config out of all operators. I would love to see how a “tray-less” service would run on the BA A350….should be a fun comedy show to watch
camdentown likes this.
Old Jul 23, 22, 9:03 pm

... Apparently they have been given permission to serve warm white wine from that ‘galley’ now...
Originally Posted by sunshinebob View Post
Is that even a thing?
Permission?
Serve?
Warm?
White wine?
Galley?

rb211.
Old Jul 24, 22, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, LX Frequent Traveller, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hilton Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by nomadabroad View Post
I would love to see how a “tray-less” service would run on the BA A350….should be a fun comedy show to watch
They managed it perfectly fine for roughly 8 months before the pandemic.
Old Jul 24, 22, 8:04 am

Any word if there will be any upcoming changes to Club Europe's catering offering?
Old Jul 24, 22, 8:08 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Gold
Originally Posted by flybymonkey View Post
Any word if there will be any upcoming changes to Club Europe's catering offering?
The CE catering is back to normal (pre Covid) and it was/is fine. Can’t see why any changes needed.
Old Jul 24, 22, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by ermis177 View Post
The CE catering is back to normal (pre Covid) and it was/is fine. Can’t see why any changes needed.
Just hot towels missing, then we'll be back to normal.
ermis177 and flybymonkey like this.
Old Jul 24, 22, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by ermis177 View Post

That’s what I thought myself - although as a very occasional (in fact, Avios-only) CE booker, I wasn’t 100% sure.

Back OT ref long-haul, and I’m beginning to wonder (not least in light of various comments above on galley location / space issues) whether the single-tray service will remain for good in CW.

It would avoid any need to increase CC headcount ; and current crew levels are of course totally safe and within necessary legal requirements. Cost savings would be considerable and with BA enjoying very high load factors despite current substandard catering, it would seem very questionable as to whether maintenance of the status quo would have any adverse impact on future demand patterns. .
Old Jul 24, 22, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold Elite
I for one would like to see hot meals back on daytime domestic flights, much as some of these cold meals can be quite tasty there are times I would prefer something hot.
SxMan likes this.

Search this Thread