Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long-haul catering changes: announcement on 12 July

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long-haul catering changes: announcement on 12 July

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
I albeit briefly assumed this was a genuine leak
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get a whole genuine leak. More like half a miniature leak. Perhaps it would be described as "Genuine Welsh Tapas" or similar.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
Longhaul business class dining should be an experience (in a good way) for those that want it. It’s fine to offer a single tray option as an express alternative, but as the only ‘option’ is simply not competitive with the competition.
The two changes I'd like to see are:

1) Bring back the starter choice + salad and serve this before the main course, which could still be on one tray.

2) Give us a larger pudding. Like many have said, the CW pudding is the same as short haul CE. Very basic. This could still be served with the main meal on one try, but should be larger to reflect long haul travel. You could also argue the cheese 'board' should be more substantial too, but I'd prefer a larger sweet/pudding over a wider cheese board section.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by subject2load
Wishful thinking I’d say. You might be waiting a while.

And perhaps try to imitate QR too (which just happens to be IAG’s largest single shareholder …..)
Nothing wrong with QR!
Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
Nothing wrong with QR!
Um ….. no, nothing remotely wrong with QR. Hence my suggestion that BA should try to imitate them where catering is concerned (not to mention other product aspects)
Hubbabridge, lsquare and Ramos like this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:03 am

Wonder if there will be any plans for CW kitchen to be fully stocked as well or would this likely be the last thing back.

Even if it is to be on one tray they could do a lot better with the quantity and quality of ingredients they are using.

​​​
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Hot towels?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by chriswiles
2) Give us a larger pudding. Like many have said, the CW pudding is the same as short haul CE. Very basic. This could still be served with the main meal on one try, but should be larger to reflect long haul travel. You could also argue the cheese 'board' should be more substantial too, but I'd prefer a larger sweet/pudding over a wider cheese board section.
And is often the same Do&Co chocolate mousse that TK serve in shorthaul economy!
citiflyerUK and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Just a warning, as said I have no details whatsoever but don’t expect a full return of the pre Covid standard just yet.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 4:28 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
If BA have decided to loosen the purse strings in catering as of 12th July or whenever - good. Whatever they do will, doubtless, inspire what passes for waspish wit from the Dog and Duck School of Entertainment. Were they to ask me, I would tell the Director of Human Feeding that they really only need to put more on the plate and have seconds if not thirds of everything and they'll all be happy. As this would prove too much for the trays, this would mean that they would need to serve everything in courses and everyone will be happy.

Seriously, if I thought that Air France would come and provide the catering, I would enter a pact with Mephistopheles. As part of this Faustian Bargain, I would agree to be the Bagagtelle Plaything of the entire Republican Party. This would involve removing cauliflower as a starter as we are not all called to the Vegan Altar. It would involve Grown Up food not the fodder fit for a tenth rate boarding school in Lincolnshire. Cheese would be sourced other than exclusively from the some sad Cornish Cow and there would be ice cream with sorbets and sauces to go with it for a desert rather than some vile and soggy old tart. The wine cellar would be replenished with decent French, Spanish, or Italian wines.

That it should come to this - although my remeniscences may make me enough money to fund the divorce as my husband tends to be possessive. You see what I would do for you all?

What I want to know is whay is sacrosanct about 12th July and will I die of anticipation or get a wink of sleep from the excitement?
Fritz, halfcape, RichH6109 and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 4:28 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Just a warning, as said I have no details whatsoever but don’t expect a full return of the pre Covid standard just yet.
I'm more expecting a cut-back in light of staff shortages. Doing anything more presumably requires more staff, and if I was BA I'd be trimming catering rather than flights if I had to choose between them.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 4:32 am

A change I would like to see is for the cheese board to be made optional but if requested then a proper pre-pandemic CW cheese board served. This would be on a separate tray after the starter, main, and dessert has been cleared away.

Come on BA, pleasantly surprise me.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 4:46 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Pre-ordering mains, albeit with the same single tray would be a stepping stone... it would cut down on the amount of time CC spend collecting orders and managing preferences and the subsequent fall-out.
dddc likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by Cw novice
Wonder if there will be any plans for CW kitchen to be fully stocked as well or would this likely be the last thing back.
​​​
I'm sure I read earlier this year Club Kitchen would be improved for CW.

CONFIRMED: The passenger improvements coming to British Airways (headforpoints.com)

Nevertheless, BA is working on improving long haul catering and says it has “exciting changes afoot”. They will need to fit on one tray though ….

I don't think Club Kitchen and hot towels are part of 'long haul catering' improvements though. They are just general CW improvements.
Cw novice likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by abligh
I'm more expecting a cut-back in light of staff shortages. Doing anything more presumably requires more staff, and if I was BA I'd be trimming catering rather than flights if I had to choose between them.
I don't think you can cut back a meal served on a single tray. Nothing to cut back. Its the same tray you get in Club Europe, bar better crockery/glassware. With only two drinks rounds, there's really not much to cut back.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
In light of staff issues I'm expecting an enhanced self-service buffet...
bafan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.