Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA is moving most flights from LHR Terminal 3 to T5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA is moving most flights from LHR Terminal 3 to T5

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
My BUD flights actually straddle this date - I'm still outbound from T3 but I'll fly back into T5.

I knew there was a reason I buy flexible parking!
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:31 am

Quite a few people concerned about parking, but surely with a multitude of transport options between T3 - T5, most of which are free, I don't see why the heightened aggro and anxiety surrounding this.
abraxias likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, BA GGL/CCR,/GFL, A3 Gold, JBU Mosaic, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Being reported on Twitter that a number of T3 flights will move to T5 due to impending strike

https://twitter.com/londonairtravel/...r8o4oAR2EWZJZQ

https://twitter.com/londonairtravel/...r8o4oAR2EWZJZQ
Have two BA 275 flights coming up in July and while the CX First lounge is always pleasant, avoiding a bus and getting Blue Label and LPGS are quite a tradeoff!
Geordie405, Tobias-UK and becks1 like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze, HHonors: Silver, Virgin Flying Club: Red, Miles & More
Originally Posted by AirbusA350
IB are being rumoured to move to T3, however, this is still a rumour only and seemingly it's due to them changing ground handling agents
Iberia flights between LHR and MAD on 15 July (for example) are now showing as T3.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by AirbusA350
Quite a few people concerned about parking, but surely with a multitude of transport options between T3 - T5, most of which are free, I don't see why the heightened aggro and anxiety surrounding this.
I wouldn't say it's aggro or anxiety in my case. More so the fact I, and likely many more people, paid a premium for the convenience of short stay parking at T3 and an easy 2 minute walk to/from check in/arrivals. This is now a 20-30 min commute or an additional £80 (for me) to move it to T5. Nothing major but worthy of a minor moan
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
So weird to have so many rumors floating around July 12 and short notice moves by AA and BA, among others.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
To save money, do we think BA could close its T3 lounge and just pay for passengers to use one of the other OW lounges instead?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
To save money, do we think BA could close its T3 lounge and just pay for passengers to use one of the other OW lounges instead?
Let's hope not! It's better that the other lounge options remain semi-secret as they can sometimes get too busy as it is. I could see BA closing the F section of the lounge or maybe Iberia start running it now they've been confirmed to move there (assuming their new ground handling partners have enough staff to run it). Iberia have run a lounge at LHR before, in the old T2.

Then again the best thing to happen (assuming BA anticipate moving more flights back there when things pick up) would be to use this time to refurbish the lounges and get them up to a level that more people will be happy using them. They could close sections of the lounge to enable refurbishment. I thought that's what they were doing with the F lounge when you had to enter it for a while from the J section and part of it was closed off, but I see no evidence of a refurb
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
When I was in T3 last week a staff member told us that the American lounge will remain closed and merge with a newly refurbished BA lounge (no idea on timescales) - I think that seems to make sense location wise and would be similar to the new setup in JFK T8? Not sure how accurate that was but they seemed fairly certain on the arrangements and the current AA lounge in T3 shows no signs of reopening.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Chris9642
When I was in T3 last week a staff member told us that the American lounge will remain closed and merge with a newly refurbished BA lounge (no idea on timescales) - I think that seems to make sense location wise and would be similar to the new setup in JFK T8? Not sure how accurate that was but they seemed fairly certain on the arrangements and the current AA lounge in T3 shows no signs of reopening.
I am not sure that makes any sense. The BA lounges in T3 have definitely not been refurbished recently, and there is a rather large corridor between the BA lounges and the AA lounges - this is the main corridor that leads off to gates 13-22.

I am tempted to put this in the Galley FM box, but then I thought the same when it was suggested AA and IB were being forced out of T5 at short notice
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I am not sure that makes any sense. The BA lounges in T3 have definitely not been refurbished recently, and there is a rather large corridor between the BA lounges and the AA lounges - this is the main corridor that leads off to gates 13-22.

I am tempted to put this in the Galley FM box, but then I thought the same when it was suggested AA and IB were being forced out of T5 at short notice
Perhaps it is Galley FM - they didnt suggest the lounges had already been refurbished - more that they would be closed then refurbished to be merged then with ther AA space or part of it.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Perhaps it is Galley FM - they didnt suggest the lounges had already been refurbished - more that they would be closed then refurbished to be merged then with ther AA space or part of it.
ah ok.

I supposed you could make the current BA J + F lounge in to one space as a J lounge, and maybe the AA J + F lounge in to one space as a F lounge. But you can’t combine any BA and AA lounges, they are simply not next to each other.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I seem to be a long-haul loser, my flight to BGI in September seems to be remaining in T3 😞
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by kanderson1965
I seem to be a long-haul loser, my flight to BGI in September seems to be remaining in T3 😞
T3 is infinitely better from a lounge perspective so unless you have a connection at T5 I always see flying from T3 with BA as a big win (unless your using Concorde Room of course).
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
T3 is infinitely better from a lounge perspective so unless you have a connection at T5 I always see flying from T3 with BA as a big win (unless your using Concorde Room of course).
No just the depressing T3 First lounge this time (slumming it in J).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.