Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA is moving most flights from LHR Terminal 3 to T5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA is moving most flights from LHR Terminal 3 to T5

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Bloody hell. Switch from T3 to T5 has just cost me an additional Ł50 in car parking costs.

Thanks BA.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by wb1969
Bloody hell. Switch from T3 to T5 has just cost me an additional Ł50 in car parking costs.

Thanks BA.
Surely a free tube/HEX transfer would've saved some money or a TfL bus? Or heck even an Uber or any ride-sharing app...

Last edited by AirbusA350; Jun 28, 2022 at 4:50 am
Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
So if flights switch from T3 to T5, does this affect the departure times?
Are they kept the same?

I have a few flights booked over the next 3 months, one of which was Glasgow into T5, then onward to Prague from T3 (now T5? )

I was leaving a comfortable 4 hours for the terminal change and spending some time in the lounges.

But obviously T5 to T5 is a lot quicker turnaround.

Is it possible to switch to an earlier flight if it works out time wise, FOC?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ermis177
... BA is moving most of the flights from T3 to T5...
Halleluiah!
Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:30 am

According to that list the two routes I am interested in Billund and Vienna will still be in T3, hopefully they will stay there as the CX lounge is infinitely preferable to GC in T5.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:34 am

Programs: BAEC silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
No change on app yet for my F to Atl in Nov. I think ATL is currently t5 but was due to move? Mixed feelings either way...
Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Fatdickie
Are they kept the same?

I have a few flights booked over the next 3 months, one of which was Glasgow into T5, then onward to Prague from T3 (now T5? )

I was leaving a comfortable 4 hours for the terminal change and spending some time in the lounges.

BA's short-haul network in particular is still having a lot of changes almost daily, though their on-the-day cancellation rate seems to be better than say EasyJet and LH's current record. So in this context, 3 months is a very long time away. Lots of things can happen from schedule changes to one of the other of your flights being cancelled.

The whole switching to an earlier flight thing depends on a few things:
- Was your schedule involuntarily changed such that you know miss a connection and don't meet MCT? If so, then BA will rebook/reroute you. If it is a mere schedule change, that is less than 2 hours, then BA will not rebook you unless again it involves connections on the same ticket that might be missed etc. Refunds are only permitted if the schedule change is more than 240 mins
- If the schedule hasn't changed and it's just a longer transit time at LHR, then essentially there wouldn't be much you can do, you can always ask at the airport and they might but no guarantees. As you may be aware, free change on day is also not an option on connecting itineraries

You may find this link useful for an idea of your options in case of schedule changes:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...lines#schedule
Krisz and Fatdickie like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Are they kept the same?

I would wait until the official timetable will be published. I would guess some flight departure times will change slightly as BA Ops has to make sure there is gate allocated for the slot time. Also BA just announced some shorthaul reduction so some of those slots can be allocated to these T3 flights. I would think there will be some consolidation if you are connecting the official answer is if it changes over 2 hours then you can choose a different flight. However I can see why BA might just let passengers to change some of their connections, but again we have to wait until official procedures released.
Fatdickie likes this.

Last edited by Krisz; Jun 28, 2022 at 4:44 am Reason: grammar correction
Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Are they kept the same?

There may be time changes, although I expect fairly minor in most cases if any.

Unless you already have free same day change, then you won't be able to move flights for free. Yje exception is if you have a timing change of more than 2 hours which will allow for a free move to another flight within -2/+2 days.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by DrAJ
No change on app yet for my F to Atl in Nov. I think ATL is currently t5 but was due to move? Mixed feelings either way...
As per current official updates, ATL is still due to be departing from T3 from W22 season. I'd personally be delighted and keeping my fingers crossed that it remains at T3. IMO CX F, QF, Amex Centurion (as well as BA F if one really wants to try everything, though I'd fail to understand why, AA reopening their lounge may also be on the cards by then, though again, unless they make it into a Flagship lounge, I wouldn't recommend one to go in there) definitely trump CCR in combination!
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:18 am

I've seen some anecdotal evidence on here that a T3 --> T5 connection can still use the T3 lounges, although it is a bit more dificult than the streamlined going to T5. Will be at LHR around Christmas on a 5 hour layover, barring any schedule changes. Would we be able to come off our AA flight in T3, use the CX/QF/Centurion lounges (we will have access to all 3), then head over to T5 a bit closer to departure?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Sounds like we'll be going from a plethora of lounge choices in T3 to 'sorry, Galleries North is full' on a lot of these routes.
wrp96, Pack and PGberkshire like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Halleluiah!
Ahah you were the first person I thought of when I saw Vegas listed!
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Will all BA flights be from T5 from 2023 or sometime in the future? Likewise are IB moving to T3? If so I assume this could mean an Iberia lounge?! Doubt it will be as good as Qantas or Cathay but better the BA's. Also continuing my weird oneworld LHR lounge hyperbole, the rumored AA lounge at T5C will not occur?

This is bad news!
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Pack
Will all BA flights be from T5 from 2023 or sometime in the future? Likewise are IB moving to T3? If so I assume this could mean an Iberia lounge?! Doubt it will be as good as Qantas or Cathay but better the BA's. Also continuing my weird oneworld LHR lounge hyperbole, the rumored AA lounge at T5C will not occur?

This is bad news!
Goodness. You've really thought that through very deeply. In an ideal world, I believe BA always wanted all flights to be from T5, however, at full capacity, there just isn't the space at T5 to permit this. As you can see, even now there are still a few BA flights that will operate from T3. The likelihood is that once operations stabilise, we will see the same amount of destinations/routes move back to T3, possibly as soon as the W22 season.

IB are being rumoured to move to T3, however, this is still a rumour only and seemingly it's due to them changing ground handling agents. This wouldn't lead to an IB lounge at LHR though. IB have no lounges outside of MAD. In the presence of many OW lounges in T3 (if they were to move) and also BA's lounges at T5, if they were staying, I'd still place the chance of an IB lounge at LHR at close to 0. Even if they did, by chance, if IB's MAD lounges are anything to go and if the same principles are applied in their design thoughts at any potential LHR lounge, then I certainly wouldn't consider this to be a negative in any way. Either way, I really don't see a business case for IB to be opening another lounge.

The likelihood of the rumoured BA lounge at T5C that has floated for a while, is more likely than an AA lounge. I suspect an AA lounge if anything will continue at T3 and perhaps their existing space may finally become a Flagship lounge, if at all.

Again all of this is highly speculative and I certainly don't see any of the suggestions you've mentioned realistically coming to light anytime in the next 2 years at least, if at all they ever do!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.